Author Topic: Legal, security fears loom as VA begins performing abortions  (Read 176 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Legal, security fears loom as VA begins performing abortions
« on: September 27, 2022, 11:11:02 am »
Legal, security fears loom as VA begins performing abortions
By Leo Shane III
 Sep 26, 02:15 PM

With legal issues seemingly covered for now, Veterans Affairs leaders are shifting focus to physical security concerns for staffers involved with providing abortion services at department medical centers, to ensure don’t become a target for protests or violence.

During a Defense Writers Group discussion on Monday, VA Secretary Denis McDonough said he is not presuming that VA hospitals and clinics will face threats, but that officials are taking “appropriate precautions” ahead of any potential trouble.

“We’re working closely with the VA police force,” he told reporters. “We have the largest police force in the federal government, and we want to make sure that we’re taking prudent and appropriate steps to protect our veterans and our facilities and our providers.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/veterans/2022/09/26/legal-security-fears-loom-as-va-begins-performing-abortions/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Legal, security fears loom as VA begins performing abortions
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 11:13:04 am »
I thought it was outside the scope of legality to use federal money for abortions.  Oh yeah, this is the Biden Cartel where everything they do is legal. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson