Author Topic: China ‘on track’ for 6th-gen fighter, US Air Force needs to get there first: ACC chief  (Read 110 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
China ‘on track’ for 6th-gen fighter, US Air Force needs to get there first: ACC chief

America's Chinese "frenemies" are "not having a debate over the relevance of six-gen air dominance. And I can also tell you they're on track," said Air Combat Command head Gen. Mark Kelly.
By   VALERIE INSINNA
on September 26, 2022 at 11:37 AM

WASHINGTON — With China “on track” to develop a sixth-generation fighter, the US Air Force needs to ensure it fields its own next-generation fighter first, the head of Air Combat Command said recently.

“I cannot tell you today what’s going on in China except they’re planning for their 20th National Party Congress [in October]. But I can tell you what’s not happening. They’re not having a debate over the relevance of six-gen air dominance. And I can also tell you they’re on track,” ACC commander Gen. Mark Kelly said during a roundtable with reporters at the Air and Space Force Association’s Air, Space and Cyber conference last week.

The US Air Force needs to “make sure we get to six-gen air dominance at least a month prior to our competitors,” Kelly said.

While most nations — including the United States — have divulged little information about their sixth generation fighter programs, China has been even more secretive about its efforts.

https://breakingdefense.com/2022/09/china-on-track-for-6th-gen-fighter-us-air-force-needs-to-get-there-first-acc-chief/
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk