Author Topic: Trump rips 'fat,' 'phony,' 'whiny' DeSantis as he aims to clear 2024 GOP field  (Read 1625 times)

Offline corbe

Trump rips 'fat,' 'phony,' 'whiny' DeSantis as he aims to clear 2024 GOP field

by Jenny Goldsberry, Social Media Producer
September 25, 2022 07:19 PM

Former President Donald Trump offered a stunning rebuke of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis as polls show the latter posing a significant obstacle to the former's 2024 plans.

Trump shared his opinions about his former ally to New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman, whom he spoke to in an on-the-record capacity three times as part of the research for her new book: Confidence Man: The Making of Donald Trump and the Breaking of America. Haberman shared details of those conversations in an article for the Atlantic published Sunday, in which the former president claimed credit for DeSantis winning the GOP gubernatorial nomination back in 2018.

The 45th president called the Florida governor “fat,” “phony,” and “whiny" when Haberman asked about him during a meeting late this summer at the Trump National Golf Club Bedminster in New Jersey. It is not clear if Trump offers additional disparaging remarks about DeSantis that are documented in the book and not the Atlantic article.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/donald-trump-ron-desantis-maggie-haberman-atlantic-fat-phony-whiny

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I almost posted this until I read it was from the NYTimes and Maggie Haberman....fake news until it is verified...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

That's what happens when you fail to worship at the feet of your false GOP idol.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline corbe

Didn't DeSantis's dad sell Mark David Chapman the gun that killed John Lennon?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

I almost posted this until I read it was from the NYTimes and Maggie Haberman....fake news until it is verified...

I always seem to be stirring the pot, @mystery-ak

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
   I always seem to be stirring the pot, @mystery-ak

LOL...I figured someone would post it...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Hoodat

Shhh, keep quiet.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline aligncare

Disinformation intended to divide republicans before an election.

After seven years of ‘fake news’ about what Trump said, few people (mostly democrats) believe this drivel. I mean really, Maggie Haberman? And Trump tells this to her. Right.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Ok... i'll hold off commenting until this is verified. Fair nuff.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ok... i'll hold off commenting until this is verified. Fair nuff.

You don't have to hold off..I just posted that to make Briefers aware where this article came from..
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Nah. That was Ted Cruz's Dad.  Desantis Senior gave Lee Harvey Oswald shooting lessons.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

Desantis Senior gave Lee Harvey Oswald shooting lessons.
After selling J. W. Booth a derringer.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Liberal trolling to create division as we approach midterms.

Stupid shit.....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
After selling J. W. Booth a derringer.

And giving him tickets for some play at Fords Theater
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Imagine...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I was expecting to see this story, or one like it, on November 9th.  Will be interesting to see if it turns out to be real. I always assumed DeSantis would stay out if Trump runs.  I have not seen anything from DeSantis that disabuses me of that notion.

If the story is true, Trump did not have to do this to put everyone on notice that he plays nasty.  I think everyone is well aware of that by now. 

One thing that leads me to think the story might be phony is that Trump rarely throws the first punch in a political fight.  He is well known as a counter-puncher.  As far as I know, DeSantis has said nothing negative about Trump at all.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 09:20:13 pm by massadvj »

Offline BellyAche

This does sound like Trump though. He often has an adolescent sounding manner when he attacks folks that irritate him. DeSantis' ego might be sufficient enough to try and take him on in the primaries. We'll see....  :2popcorn:
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline corbe

Why is he giving interviews to NYTimes and Maggie Haberman to begin with?  Does he honestly believe they are going to give him a fair shake? 

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
This does sound like Trump though. He often has an adolescent sounding manner when he attacks folks that irritate him. DeSantis' ego might be sufficient enough to try and take him on in the primaries. We'll see....  :2popcorn:.

I don't think there is a path to the nomination for DeSantis as long as Trump is in the race, and I think DeSantis is smart enough to realize that as well.  Personally, I hope DeSantis and everyone else interested in the job makes a run at it. I would like a nice, wide menu to choose from in the GOP 2024 primary.

Offline corbe

Offline LottieDah

I think DiSantis already knows who the deep staters and swamp dwellers are.

Offline mountaineer

I think DiSantis already knows who the deep staters and swamp dwellers are.
Yep, very likely.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Killer Clouds

DeSantis has thick skin.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Yep, very likely.

Don't we *all* know who the deep state, swamp dwellers are @mountaineer ?