Author Topic: 'This is not about me:' Manchin pleads with GOP to play ball on permitting reform  (Read 498 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'This is not about me:' Manchin pleads with GOP to play ball on permitting reform
by Emily Jacobs, Weekend News Editor
September 26, 2022 01:23 AM

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) appealed to uneasy Senate Republicans on Sunday as he tries to whip GOP support for his permitting reform bill.

Manchin appeared on Fox News Sunday to urge GOP lawmakers wary about working with him to back the legislation, which would fast-track energy projects nationwide, a policy priority for Republicans. Democrats have opposed his permitting efforts in years past as climate change became a legislative and political focus, though a large majority have come around given that it would expedite government contract approvals for infrastructure proposals. Manchin's GOP colleagues have declined to get on board, however, for reasons relating to the bill for some and distrust of the senator for others over his backing of the Inflation Reduction Act.

MANCHIN BLASTS 'REVENGE POLITICS' AS REPUBLICANS BALK AT PERMITTING DEAL

"Shannon, this is not about me," he told host Shannon Bream when asked about distrust from Republicans over his legislative deal with Democrats over the summer. "My Republican friends, I've been working for 12 years with them, and I know their number one item that they've had, the number one priority they've had is permitting reform."

"We can't build anything in America. It takes five to ten years. The developed world takes one to three years," he added, defending the legislation itself. "My Republican friends know exactly where we are. This is not about the previous legislation. This is something, a high priority that we have for our country. It's a- it's a time in history."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/senate/joe-manchin-senate-republicans-permitting-reform-fox-news
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
"My Republican friends, I've been working for 12 years with them, ....AND STABBING THEM IN THE BACK!

Offline Killer Clouds

Eat feces Manchin!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
When someone states 'This is not about me' you know it is...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

This is not about the previous legislation.

It should be!

If there are no consequences for ignoring Pubs when passing a Bill that spends money on things we don't need, or want, raises taxes on our base and hires 87,000 more IRS agents who will then attack our base we can expect more of the same. Pubs need to start making the Rats pay a price for walking all over us. If not what good are they.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I see access to reliable electricity becoming more of a states rights' issue.

States may assert themselves against the Feds to maintain a reliable electric grid capable of supporting economic and population expansion.

If the issue is CO2 emissions, improve CO2 capture technology for coal, oil, and natural gas power generation plants.

But CO2 is not the issue ... first is was gloabl freezing, then global warming, then global climate change, then CO2, then methane, and now Nitrogen fertilizers ... they want to deconstruct moder Western Civilization to the benefit of their Chi-com overlords.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

States may assert themselves against the Feds to maintain a reliable electric grid capable of supporting economic and population expansion.

If the issue is CO2 emissions, improve CO2 capture technology for coal, oil, and natural gas power generation plants.

But CO2 is not the issue ... first is was gloabl freezing, then global warming, then global climate change, then CO2, then methane, and now Nitrogen fertilizers ... they want to deconstruct moder Western Civilization to the benefit of their Chi-com overlords.

And to our detriment. I see it this way. My State is a net energy exporter. Far more oil and gas than we need is produced here, and more electricity, almost 30% of that from wind.  But establish the means for those outside the State (the more removed, and more urban, the greater the danger) to draw on that energy to the point we don't have enough for ourselves, and they will, sooner or later, for "the greater good" or some other bunch of mealy mouthed excuses that will result in people dying of exposure here so someone else can charge their glorified golf cart or keep their home nice and climate controlled.

Heat here in winter is not optional, it is life itself. I have known people here who froze to death. Nothing which enables people elsewhere to 'decide' what we need has proven beneficial, and only rarely has it proven benign.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Manchin got played by the Dems like a $10 whore. Now he is seeking redemption. ... uuh NO.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Sorry Joe...   your a pariah on both sides now.  Instead of welding any power, you should just be given the senate job of sweeping up dog shit.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

How do we know?  The 'Surrender' papers may have already been signed, witnessed and sealed.

The China Mainland is birthing an American-type 'Industrial Revolution' giving off enough CO2, while the U.S.A. is becoming a petri dish...and ant farm.

In the meantime, the American population is browning rapidly...to the point the DEMS have gone full retard publicly declaring all "MAGA" supporters as fascists AND more recently "HITLERS" (Hillary Clinton)

Every week it becomes more dangerous to be White in the wrong place.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
D.C., you win "the courageous post of the day"... !