Author Topic: Vladimir Putin grants full Russian citizenship to NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden  (Read 447 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 September 26, 2022 12:17pm EDT
Vladimir Putin grants full Russian citizenship to Edward Snowden
Snowden leaked information to the public about the NSA's extensive surveillance operations
By Anders Hagstrom | Fox News

Russian President Vladimir Putin granted full Russian citizenship to U.S. whistleblower Edward Snowden on Monday.

Snowden, 39, fled the United States to Russia after revealing information about extensive surveillance operations being conducted by the National Security Agency (NSA). He is now a Russian citizen by presidential decree, Reuters reported Monday.

The announcement comes roughly two years after Russia granted Snowden permanent residency in the country.

The country first granted Snowden asylum in 2014 and has since resisted calls to extradite him to the U.S. Snowden faces espionage charges that could land him in prison for up to 30 years in the U.S.

Snowden stated in 2019 that he would be willing to return to the U.S. on the condition that he got a fair trial.

"That is the ultimate goal, but if I’m going to spend the rest of my life in prison then my one, bottom-line demand that we all have to agree to is that at least I get a fair trial," Snowden told "CBS This Morning" at the time.

Former President Donald Trump had stated he was considering Snowden's case for a potential pardon in 2020, but never took action.

Sen. Rand Paul, R-KY, has been one of Snowden's major allies in the U.S., saying the whistleblower unveiled schemes by the U.S. government to surveil American citizens both here and abroad.

This is a developing story. Check back soon for updates.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/vladimir-putin-grants-full-russian-citizenship-edward-snowden
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Does that mean Snowden is being drafted to fight in Ukraine?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Does that mean Snowden is being drafted to fight in Ukraine?
GMTA  :silly: With all the Russians of conscription age bailing Put needs to expand his options.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Along with all the other perks that come with Russian Citizenship. Snowden is now on the list pick up a new Lada sometime in 2030.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I am guessing this is Vlad's revenge to get all the dirt.  Does anyone know how much (percentage) that Snowdon has disclosed?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
September 26, 2022 5:20pm EDT
Russian citizenship provides 'a little stability' for him and his family, Snowden says
A State Department spokesperson said it was unclear if Snowden has renounced his U.S. citizenship
By Paul Best | Fox News

Edward Snowden said Russian citizenship will give his family stability nearly a decade after the former National Security Agency contractor leaked files on U.S. surveillance operations and fled to Moscow.

"After two years of waiting and nearly ten years of exile, a little stability will make a difference for my family. I pray for privacy for them—and for us all," Snowden tweeted on Monday in his first public comments since Russian President Vladimir Putin's decree granting him citizenship.

Snowden said two years ago that he would apply for dual U.S.-Russian citizenship after he was granted permanent residence in Russia.

https://twitter.com/Snowden/status/1574490556654288896

more
https://www.foxnews.com/world/russia-citizenship-stability-family-snowden
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 11:22:14 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34