Author Topic: Court Responds to Lindell Filings  (Read 945 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Court Responds to Lindell Filings
« on: September 26, 2022, 12:04:33 pm »
The Post & Email 9/24/2022

The docket for a previously-closed federal case in which MyPillow CEO Michael Lindell seeks to intervene has been updated to acknowledge Lindell’s August 20, 2022 filings, the assignment of a judge and a preliminary response from the United States of America.

The 2006 lawsuit, Montgomery v. eTreppid Technologies, LLC, was settled in September 2008 after plaintiff Dennis Montgomery, then a part-owner in eTreppid, claimed the company infringed his copyright on software he allegedly invented which was supplied to the U.S. Defense Department beginning in 2003/2004.

Now defunct, eTreppid contracted with the DOD to produce “software compression, Automatic Target Recognition (ATR), and biometric products” which the DOD sought to use in the War on Terror declared after the September 11, 2001 attacks.

In January 2021, Lindell has claimed, Montgomery told him he possesses years-old evidence of election-tampering on the part of the U.S. government and election-machine vulnerabilities which he claimed are relevant to the 2020 presidential election. For his part, Lindell seeks to use Montgomery’s “Data,” which he says he purchased in large part from Montgomery, as a defense against a defamation lawsuit from Dominion Voting Systems, Inc. and is therefore seeking a revocation of the Protective Order.

In a Declaration filed with the court accompanying a copy of Dominion’s suit, Lindell wrote (page 3):

4. The Complaint in the D.C. alleges that I made defamatory statements. I made some of the statements placed into issue by that Complaint relying in part on information that originated from Dennis Montgomery (“Montgomery”), a party to the above-captioned action.

5. I intend to use testimony and evidence concerning Montgomery’s background, his work, and his work for U.S. intelligence agencies to defend the reasonability and veracity of statements at issue in the D.C. Litigation.

6. I agreed to acquire ownership from Montgomery of some of the information that I intend to use to defend myself in the D.C. Litigation (the “Data”). I will use the Data to show that my statements regarding the 2020 election, placed at issue in the D.C. Litigation, were reasonable and true. My statements were in part made in reliance on the Data.

More: https://www.thepostemail.com/2022/09/24/court-responds-to-lindell-filings/