Author Topic: New Orleans becomes murder capital of America, overtaking St. Louis  (Read 392 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 September 17, 2022 9:12pm EDT
New Orleans becomes murder capital of America, overtaking St. Louis
New Orleans has seen 52 homicides per 100,000 in 2022 as of Sept. 11.

By Adam Sabes | Fox News

New Orleans has overtaken St. Louis as the murder capital of America as the city sees a 141% increase in homicides when compared to recent years.

According to data from the Metropolitan Crime Commission, an organization that tracks crime and also tries to bring it down, there have been 52 homicides per 100,000 residents as of Sept. 11.

In St. Louis, there have been almost 45 homicides per 100,000 residents as of Sept. 17, according to data from the St. Louis Police Department.

By comparison, there have been almost 18 homicides in Chicago per 100,000 residents and 3.5 in New York City.

Homicides in New Orleans are up 141% when compared to 2019 and up 78% when compared to 2021, according to the data, which states that there have been 205 homicides in the city from the beginning of 2022 until Sept. 11.

New Orleans has also seen a 100% increase in shootings in 2022 when compared to 2019.

On Sept. 8, officials in New Orleans announced an $80 million plan to increase pay for police officers, offer free health care, and $30,000 in increased hiring incentives for new hires within the department.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-orleans-becomes-murder-capital-america-overtaking-st-louis

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: New Orleans becomes murder capital of America, overtaking St. Louis
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 12:18:50 am »
How long can this country continue to function if it allows it's inner cities to become war zones??
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: New Orleans becomes murder capital of America, overtaking St. Louis
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2022, 02:51:41 am »
NOLA especially is a city that needs tourism to survive.

This kind of press will only hasten the death spiral. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.