Author Topic: What the heck is going on in China?  (Read 445 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What the heck is going on in China?
« on: September 26, 2022, 03:23:45 pm »
September 25, 2022
What the heck is going on in China?
By Andrea Widburg

Something weird is taking place in China but, as of this writing, nobody is quite sure what’s happening. Social media has lit up with information, some of which is verifiable and some of which is pure speculation. The most widely spread rumor is that there is a coup being carried out against Xi Jinping, but that’s also the least likely thing to be taking place according to experienced China watchers.

We know that, on Saturday, there were fewer commercial flights over Beijing than usual. There’ve also been rumors that trains and buses into and out of Beijing have been canceled, and claims that military vehicles have been seen heading for Beijing, although there’s no reliable provenance for that particular short video.

According to Newsweek, the most prominent source for the story is an Indian politician:

The rumor was also fueled by Indian politician Subramanian Swamy, who tweeted to his 10 million followers on Saturday: “New rumour to be checked out: Is Xi Jingping [sic] under house arrest in Beijing? When Xi was in Samarkand recently, the leaders of the Chinese Communist Party were supposed to have removed Xi from the Party's in-charge of Army. Then House arrest followed. So goes the rumour.”

However, on Friday, Drew Thompson, a former State Department official located in Singapore, wrote an extended and credible Twitter thread challenging the rumors:

https://twitter.com/TangAnZhu/status/1573459292883390464

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/09/what_the_heck_is_going_on_in_china.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: What the heck is going on in China?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 03:28:12 pm »
Anyone believing Xi is under arrest?

I have some FL swamp property for sale that I can let go fairly cheap.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 04:06:41 pm »
I think this malarkey about china is just an attempt to hijack the news and protect china's puppet Brandon form all the bad results of his policies.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2022, 04:45:31 pm »
Something wrong.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2022, 04:52:34 pm »
Could be ploy to signal weakness to lull US into a lower security posture towards China to make it easier for China to assert itself in the South China Sea and the Straits of Taiwain.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2022, 04:57:29 pm »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2022, 05:29:43 pm »
Perhaps he came down with covid and is quarantining.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2022, 07:32:24 pm »
Perhaps he came down with covid and is quarantining.
That'd be consistent with their "zero COVID" blow-it-all-up strategy.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2022, 07:37:00 pm »
LOL! just more bullshit. Xi will emerge stronger than ever ... over the bodies of dozens of 'coup' believers.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.