Author Topic: Green California Governor on Skyrocketing Prices: “We’re Just Getting Started”  (Read 268 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Green California Governor on Skyrocketing Prices: “We’re Just Getting Started”
39 mins ago Eric Worrall 4 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

h/t M; California Governor Gavin Newsom doubling down on the climate policies which are destroying quality of life for ordinary Californians.

Newsom’s 2024 Climate Platform

Blackouts? No worries, mate. California is ‘just getting started,’ as the Governor signs 40 new laws.

By The Editorial Board
Sept. 20, 2022 6:44 pm ET

California can barely keep the lights on as its climate policies bite the electric grid, but Gov. Gavin Newsom is undaunted. On Friday he signed no fewer than 40—count ’em 40—new climate bills to amp up California’s green-energy shock experiment.

Even as gasoline prices nationwide have fallen to an average $3.68 a gallon, Californians are still paying $5.45 a gallon. California’s electric rates are already more than double those in neighboring states. This is what happens when politicians try to eliminate fossil fuels with a Molotov cocktail of regulation, taxes, and renewable mandates and subsidies.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/09/25/green-california-governor-on-skyrocketing-prices-were-just-getting-started/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Just biding our time...another couple of years and we're CALexiting...

But in the meantime, it's gonna be painful to stay, so we're "endeavoring to persevere".

If, for some insane reason we're still here come 2028, new gas water heater and furnace will be installed to head off the other insane and stupid policies of this state.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline roamer_1

Just biding our time...another couple of years and we're CALexiting...

But in the meantime, it's gonna be painful to stay, so we're "endeavoring to persevere".

If, for some insane reason we're still here come 2028, new gas water heater and furnace will be installed to head off the other insane and stupid policies of this state.

Pick up hunting and fishing, if you don't already. The only meat I buy nowadays is hamburger patties (because they're easy)... And a little bit of canned meats.

Most of what is happening in the grocery store is going right by me.