Author Topic: This Green Beret lived in a cave before receiving the Medal of Honor  (Read 277 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This Green Beret lived in a cave before receiving the Medal of Honor
 Tim Kirkpatrick

Posted On September 25, 2022 06:40:57

After spending two years in college, Gary Beikrich decided he wanted to join the Army and become a distinguished member of the Green Berets — and that’s precisely what he did.

Once Gary enlisted, he trained his way through the tough pipeline and earned the elite title of Green Beret. With a sincere desire to help others, he received advanced training as a combat medic before shipping out to the dangerous terrains of Vietnam.

In 1967, Gary was assigned to 5th Special Forces Group stationed in the Kon Tum Province.

https://www.wearethemighty.com/popular/this-green-beret-lived-in-a-cave-before-receiving-the-medal-of-honor/
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Re: This Green Beret lived in a cave before receiving the Medal of Honor
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2022, 06:41:00 pm »
What a story!

He sounds like a man who has come to terms.

God bless and thank you Sgt. Beikirch.

:patriot:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: This Green Beret lived in a cave before receiving the Medal of Honor
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 01:37:36 am »
I knew him casually at Kontum,and had no idea he was awarded a MoH.

IIRC,I got medievaced from VN a couple of days before he went in the bush. I THINK he went in with the B Company of Hatchet Force "Operation Tailwind" mission,from the sound of things.

There were a couple of SF Medics as regular Recon Team members,but medics were so rare and in demand that most were just assigned to the camp dispensary to provide medical care to anyone who came through the door.

When needed for a platoon operation,they would be assigned to go in with Hatchet Force platoons.

If HF didn't have anything going on,they would take turns flying as the "chase medic" to help pull wounded recon guys out of the jungle and keep them alive until they could get to a hospital.

I am sorry to learn he died last year. I would have liked to have met up with him again and congratulated him on the MoH as well as adjusting and adapting so well to "regular life"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!