Author Topic: Liz Cheney says she'll leave GOP if Trump is 2024 nominee  (Read 1075 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Liz Cheney says she'll leave GOP if Trump is 2024 nominee
« on: September 25, 2022, 01:45:14 pm »
 :0001:

Liz Cheney says she'll leave GOP if Trump is party's 2024 nominee
by Emily Jacobs, Weekend News Editor
September 25, 2022 12:37 AM

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) pledged to renounce the GOP and leave the party altogether if former President Donald Trump is the Republican nominee for president in 2024.

Cheney made the comments while speaking to Texas Tribune CEO Evan Smith as part of an event at the paper’s annual festival on Saturday, after being asked if she would remain a Republican regardless of what happens in the 2024 presidential election. The Wyoming lawmaker, a lifelong conservative, was ousted by a double-digit margin last month to a Trump-backed challenger in her House GOP primary. Her loss came after Republican voters and operatives soured on her anti-Trump stance, which arose over his efforts to overturn the 2020 election results and escalated into a bitter GOP feud.

"I'm going to make sure Donald Trump — I'm going to do everything I can to make sure he's not the nominee," Cheney told Smith, "And if he is the nominee, I won't be a Republican."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/liz-cheney-gop-donald-trump-2024-nominee-tribune-festival
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Liz Cheney says she'll leave GOP if Trump is 2024 nominee
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2022, 01:47:43 pm »
Can anyone remember the last time she was a Republican?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2022, 02:07:33 pm »

*hmmmm* Nope!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2022, 02:16:44 pm »
:0001:

Liz Cheney says she'll leave GOP if Trump is party's 2024 nominee
by Emily Jacobs, Weekend News Editor
September 25, 2022 12:37 AM

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) pledged to renounce the GOP and leave the party altogether if former President Donald Trump is the Republican nominee for president in 2024.

Cheney made the comments while speaking to Texas Tribune CEO Evan Smith as part of an event at the paper’s annual festival on Saturday, after being asked if she would remain a Republican regardless of what happens in the 2024 presidential election. The Wyoming lawmaker, a lifelong conservative, was ousted by a double-digit margin last month to a Trump-backed challenger in her House GOP primary. Her loss came after Republican voters and operatives soured on her anti-Trump stance, which arose over his efforts to overturn the 2020 election results and escalated into a bitter GOP feud.

"I'm going to make sure Donald Trump — I'm going to do everything I can to make sure he's not the nominee," Cheney told Smith, "And if he is the nominee, I won't be a Republican."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/liz-cheney-gop-donald-trump-2024-nominee-tribune-festival

Hey, Liz:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2022, 02:26:53 pm »
We need to relentlessly hold her account to this promise.  Tar the bitch with feathers on a rail, if we have to.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2022, 04:10:25 pm »

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2022, 04:23:37 pm »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2022, 05:02:05 pm »

According to this, she voted with Trump over 90% of the time

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/congress-trump-score/liz-cheney/
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2022, 05:16:04 pm »
How with the Grand Old Party ever survive such a great loss?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2022, 07:26:42 pm »
You shouldn't even take that chance Liz - get out RIGHT NOW while you still can!!
The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2022, 07:32:54 pm »
The Wyoming lawmaker, a lifelong conservative [...]

Wait... WHAT?

Offline corbe

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2022, 07:33:17 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2022, 07:48:18 pm »
That Cheney is anti-Kari Lake is about all we need to know:

Kari Lake War Room
@KariLakeWarRoom
.@KariLake responds to Liz Cheney’s pledge to campaign against her: “The New Republican Party is the Party of ‘We The People,’ it is no longer the Party of Warmongers.”
2:35 PM · Sep 25, 2022
Sorry, Liz Cheney, but an Effort Against Kari Lake in Arizona Could Backfire
By Cameron Arcand | 3:37 PM on September 25, 2022

Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney has waded into the highly watched gubernatorial race in Arizona between Republican Kari Lake and Democrat Katie Hobbs, but it may be ineffective and probably backfire.

Although Cheney and former President Donald Trump used to be political allies, the 2020 election created a rift between the two, and the congresswoman became the leading Republican voice opposing him.

“I’m going to do everything I can to make sure Kari Lake is not elected,” she said at The Texas Tribune festival on Saturday, as RedState’s Bonchie reported.  ...
More at RedState
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 07:50:36 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2022, 08:21:54 pm »
Liz Cheney says she would campaign for Democrats

The Wyoming Republican, a Trump critic, made the comment in vowing to help defeat Arizona gubernatorial candidate and election denier Kari Lake

Sep. 25, 2022, 1:38 AM EDT
By Ali Vitali and Kyle Stewart

AUSTIN — Republican Rep. Liz Cheney said Saturday that she would be willing to campaign for Democrats as she criticized her party's acceptance of candidates who deny the results of the 2020 election.

“Yes,” Cheney said simply when asked if she’d be willing to stump for Democrats — the first time she’s said so explicitly.

Cheney made the remark in a discussion at the Texas Tribune Festival in Austin while talking about Arizona gubernatorial candidate and election denier Kari Lake.

Cheney, who has been a vocal critic of former President Donald Trump, said “partisanship has to have a limit” and mentioned Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin, who has said he will campaign for Lake.

"He’s demonstrated that he’s somebody who has not bought into the toxin of Donald Trump — but he campaigned recently for Kari Lake, who’s an election denier, who is dangerous,” Cheney said.

"That’s the kind of thing we cannot see in our party. We cannot see an accommodation like that, and I think it’s very important that we be clear about that,” Cheney said.

Asked specifically if she’d campaign for Katie Hobbs — Lake’s Democratic opponent — Cheney said: “I am going to do everything I can to make sure that Kari Lake is not elected.”

Cheney, R-Wyoming, is on her way out of Congress, after she lost the Republican primary to a Trump-backed challenger in August.
Recommended
Abortion Rights
Judge blocks Indiana abortion ban a week after it took effect

Youngkin at the Texas Tribune Festival on Friday defended campaigning for Lake. “I am comfortable supporting Republican candidates,” he said. “And we don’t agree on everything. I have said that I firmly believe that Joe Biden was elected president.”

Cheney at the event Saturday in Texas declined to offer many details about her own plans, including whether she will run for president.
Liz Cheney doubles down on Trump after losing seat in the House

She also did not disclose much about plans of the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, of which she is one of two Republican members.

The House committee is set to return Wednesday for its latest hearing.

Cheney did say that she does not think that the committee's hearings will conclude this week.

Chairman Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., said last week that unless something else developed it would be the last, “but it’s not in stone because things happen.”

“We don’t anticipate that it will be the last hearing,” Cheney said.
Ali Vitali

Ali Vitali is a Capitol Hill correspondent for NBC News, based in Washington.
Kyle Stewart

Kyle Stewart is an associate producer covering Congress for NBC News.
Phil Helsel contributed.

more
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna49306
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2022, 10:06:36 pm »
Liz Cheney says she would campaign for Democrats

The Wyoming Republican, a Trump critic, made the comment in vowing to help defeat Arizona gubernatorial candidate and election denier Kari Lake

Sep. 25, 2022, 1:38 AM EDT
By Ali Vitali and Kyle Stewart

AUSTIN — Republican Rep. Liz Cheney said Saturday that she would be willing to campaign for Democrats as she criticized her party's acceptance of candidates who deny the results of the 2020 election.

“Yes,” Cheney said simply when asked if she’d be willing to stump for Democrats — the first time she’s said so explicitly.

Cheney made the remark in a discussion at the Texas Tribune Festival in Austin while talking about Arizona gubernatorial candidate and election denier Kari Lake.

Cheney, who has been a vocal critic of former President Donald Trump, said “partisanship has to have a limit” and mentioned Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin, who has said he will campaign for Lake.

"He’s demonstrated that he’s somebody who has not bought into the toxin of Donald Trump — but he campaigned recently for Kari Lake, who’s an election denier, who is dangerous,” Cheney said.

"That’s the kind of thing we cannot see in our party. We cannot see an accommodation like that, and I think it’s very important that we be clear about that,” Cheney said.

Asked specifically if she’d campaign for Katie Hobbs — Lake’s Democratic opponent — Cheney said: “I am going to do everything I can to make sure that Kari Lake is not elected.”

Cheney, R-Wyoming, is on her way out of Congress, after she lost the Republican primary to a Trump-backed challenger in August.
Recommended
Abortion Rights
Judge blocks Indiana abortion ban a week after it took effect

Youngkin at the Texas Tribune Festival on Friday defended campaigning for Lake. “I am comfortable supporting Republican candidates,” he said. “And we don’t agree on everything. I have said that I firmly believe that Joe Biden was elected president.”

Cheney at the event Saturday in Texas declined to offer many details about her own plans, including whether she will run for president.
Liz Cheney doubles down on Trump after losing seat in the House

She also did not disclose much about plans of the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, of which she is one of two Republican members.

The House committee is set to return Wednesday for its latest hearing.

Cheney did say that she does not think that the committee's hearings will conclude this week.

Chairman Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., said last week that unless something else developed it would be the last, “but it’s not in stone because things happen.”

“We don’t anticipate that it will be the last hearing,” Cheney said.
Ali Vitali

Ali Vitali is a Capitol Hill correspondent for NBC News, based in Washington.
Kyle Stewart

Kyle Stewart is an associate producer covering Congress for NBC News.
Phil Helsel contributed.

more
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna49306

She is bitter.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2022, 10:10:07 pm »
She is bitter.

She makes every part of me pucker up.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2022, 10:17:44 pm »
Seeing that Cheney has already left the GOP, does that mean that Trump will be the nominee in 2024?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2022, 10:28:14 pm »
Seeing that Cheney has already left the GOP, does that mean that Trump will be the nominee in 2024?

Hmmmmm...
The Republic is lost.

Offline DB

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2022, 12:38:19 am »
She really isn't very bright...