Author Topic: MOREAGM-179 JAGM: How The Mighty Hellfire Missile Will Be Replaced  (Read 127 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MOREAGM-179 JAGM: How The Mighty Hellfire Missile Will Be Replaced
« on: September 25, 2022, 12:59:55 pm »
MOREAGM-179 JAGM: How The Mighty Hellfire Missile Will Be Replaced

BySandboxx NewsPublished50 seconds ago

The AGM-179 will replace the legendary Hellfire missile as full-rate production has been approved by the U.S. military. How well will it perform in an era of great power competition with Russia and China challenging U.S. military dominance?

After nearly four decades of service, the legendary Hellfire missile has a replacement on the way in Lockheed Martin’s AGM-179 Joint Air-to-Ground Missile (JAGM). On August 30, the U.S. Army approved the JAGM for full-rate production.

This new weapon system may look an awful lot like its predecessors, but the JAGM builds upon the Hellfire’s low-cost, high-accuracy legacy by mashing multiple targeting systems into a single weapon. This results in one missile that can do the job of both Hellfire missiles currently in American and allied inventories.

Living up to the legacy of the Hellfire

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2022/09/agm-179-jagm-how-the-mighty-hellfire-missile-will-be-replaced/
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 01:00:51 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson