Author Topic: The Army Is Sending Robotic Combat Vehicles to War  (Read 154 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Army Is Sending Robotic Combat Vehicles to War
« on: September 25, 2022, 12:53:35 pm »
September 25, 2022   

The Army Is Sending Robotic Combat Vehicles to War

The U.S. Army is looking to use robots in future conflicts by placing them directly in the hands of soldiers during specific tactical situations.

by Kris Osborn

The U.S. Army is looking to use robots in future conflicts by placing them directly in the hands of soldiers during specific tactical situations.

During a recent Operational Soldier Evaluation at Fort Hood, Texas, Army units assessed the performance of new Robotic Combat Vehicle prototypes intended to extend the battlefield, greatly improve survivability, and introduce a new range of tactical possibilities for ground forces preparing for future war.

The Army’s Robotic Combat Vehicles, light, medium, and heavy, are emerging as prototype weapons platforms to be further developed for operational use. A key part of the Army’s development of new technologies involves testing them during combat circumstances to see how they operate.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/army-sending-robotic-combat-vehicles-war-204986#google_vignette
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 12:54:27 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The Army Is Sending Robotic Combat Vehicles to War
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2022, 12:55:54 pm »
How many do they plan for Russia to "capture," like the Taliban? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson