Poll

Will DeSantis run in 2024?

Depends on whether Trump runs
9 (39.1%)
Yes. Either way
5 (21.7%)
No, He wants to Govern Florida
6 (26.1%)
Depends on whether Cruz runs  (stoner option)
3 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: October 24, 2022, 08:30:09 pm

Author Topic: Will DeSantis run in 2024?  (Read 2386 times)

Offline corbe

Will DeSantis run in 2024?
« on: September 24, 2022, 08:30:09 pm »
Of Course Ron DeSantis Will Run…and He May Very Well Win

Kurt  Schlichter
Posted: Sep 22, 2022 12:01 AM

When Ron DeSantis is consulting renowned experts about whether or not to run for president in 2024, the man he is most likely to listen to is President Chris Christie. Well, not literally listen. He’ll instead learn from the potential prezzy who ended up presiding in network green rooms instead of the White House because he declined to run when he had his big – well, everything about him is big – chance in 2012. The Gov will also look to the lessons of President Mario Cuomo. These two guys hesitated and missed their window, just like there are some folks – Mitt Romney, John Kerry, Felonia Milhouse von Pantsuit – who never actually had a window at all yet still tried to dive through one and ended up defenestrating themselves.

Remember a decade ago when we had Christiemania, when he was a breath of fresh air blowing away lib pieties after an improbable New Jersey governor win? And instead of striking while the presidential iron was hot, he failed to go for it, and now he will never be president of anything except maybe the International Society to Prevent Cardio. Mario Cuomo similarly blew it in the 80s. He was the Dem candidate who sped up the Dems’ heartbeats with his unapologetic defense of liberal values. He had his shot, and played Hamlet, and never became president. Today, he’s remembered only for being the father of two big creeps.

The 2024 cycle is undoubtedly Ron DeSantis’s moment. He won a first election that everyone expected him to lose as the governor of the Free State of Florida. He will win a crushing victory over secret lizard-person Charlie Crist this November. And he has set about owning the libs hard not merely by humiliating them for their hypocrisy with awesome moves like sending illegals to Martha’s Vineyard but with substantive conservative policies that are sucking the remaining productive people out of hellscapes like New York and California.

He has governed like a conservative, and he has the receipts. Florida works. Its kids went back to school while blue state bosses were still sacrificing their own kids’ futures to the garbage teacher unions. He is fighting wokeness and its poisonous CRT ideology. He treats the media like what it is – a pack of flunkies. And when he picks fights, he wins them. The base loves him. The polls bode well, to the extent polls are not mere onanism.

If Donald Trump was not still in the picture, he would be the unquestioned frontrunner. But Donald Trump is in the picture.

<..snip..>

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2022/09/22/of-course-ron-desantis-will-runand-he-may-very-well-win-n2613398?utm_campaign=rightrailsticky2
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Will DeSantis run in 2024?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2022, 08:37:57 pm »
I do not believe DeSantis will challenge Trump. Cruz won't do that either.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 02:56:19 am »
   It has been 12 years (Tea Party) since we Conservatives have had a legitimate say in this game.  Instead of this 1 step forward 2 steps back populous crap.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2022, 05:00:56 am »
Probable have a few good candidates run if not for the stoner option (which does not really include Ted Cruz) of Trump vowing to ruin anyone that runs against him just because he is so self centered.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2022, 05:07:11 am »
My option was not found.   corbe poll fail.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2022, 06:00:40 am »
"Ted Cruz Mocks Republicans 'Beating Their Chest' About Running in 2024 'No Matter What' Trump Does"  (Video)

https://rumble.com/embed/v1iw839/?pub=4

Offline billva

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2022, 11:42:59 pm »
Not going to run against Trump.  However I don't agree that this time is his only opportunity.

Four years from now he is very likely the leading Republican candidate.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2022, 12:16:39 am »
   It has been 12 years (Tea Party) since we Conservatives have had a legitimate say in this game.  Instead of this 1 step forward 2 steps back populous crap.

AYUP.  :beer:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2022, 12:31:51 am »
DeSantis has commented several times that he wants to stay right here governing FL and has no interest in the presidency.

IMO he has been a very good governor.  I believe all the rumors about a Trump DeSantis feud are false.

I don't see anyone challenging Trump and I think it would be foolish if they did.  Trump will probably announce his intentions after the mid terms and when he does, should he decide to run, I still think he'd be very wise to select Cruz as his running mate.

Then in '28 a Cruz DeSantis ticket perhaps.

I think most of us realize that this country will not survive much longer headed on its current course.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2022, 04:38:35 am »
I sure hope so.

I have had enough of Trump's idiocy.  Ridiculing DeSantis like he has done the last couple days turned me off completely.  I will not vote ever again for the dummy.

Trump promised to end the H1-b Visa Program, and six months into his presidency, he met with the tech billionaire oligarchs, and he emerged and increased the number of H1-b Visa recipients.  He never did anything.  That is 1.6 million H1-b Visa recipients, almost all from India, taking high paying white collar jobs from Americans.  And the folks pouring over the border are taking the blue collar jobs.  And these people are working for less in wages than what Americans would work for.  And this is perfectly ok with many business owners.  Well, it is not ok with me.  It is a total betrayal of the American people to allow this bullsh*t.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2022, 03:10:20 pm »
The Republican Party could nominate Jesus Christ in 2024 and he would lose if election laws continue to be ignored with complete impunity!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2022, 04:45:04 pm »
The Republican Party could nominate Jesus Christ in 2024 and he would lose if election laws continue to be ignored with complete impunity!
We might stand a chance with Satan

Offline DB

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2022, 04:49:35 pm »
We might stand a chance with Satan

Already did that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2022, 06:51:11 pm »
If he does,he will NOT get MY vote.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2022, 08:33:14 pm »
Where's the "Doesn't matter, Democrats will just steal it anyway" option?
Let it burn.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2022, 08:51:12 pm »

Amen and Amen!!!!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2022, 08:51:31 pm »
If he does,he will NOT get MY vote.

Awesome!

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2022, 12:48:06 am »
Already did that.

Trump sold his soul to the devil.