Author Topic: The U.S. Army is Politically Correct… And Less Lethal  (Read 155 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The U.S. Army is Politically Correct… And Less Lethal
« on: September 24, 2022, 07:25:33 pm »
The U.S. Army is Politically Correct… And Less Lethal

September 18, 2022 by Joshua Lyons

This first appeared in The Havok Journal on September 8, 2021.

On a crisp morning within the desert plain of a United States Army base in the southwestern United States, Soldiers are conducting physical fitness training in small separated groups with masks on, similar to many mornings before this one and yet significantly different.

This morning’s workout focused on core and quick twitch muscle activation. In an attempt to prepare for the latest 3.0 version of the United States Army Combat Physical Fitness Test (ACFT). This being the third variation they have had to prepare for during COVID. This preparation is being done with no, to minimal, equipment due to a failed Department of the Army equipping plan. Standards are a continuously moving target for Soldiers due to the involvement of Washington D.C. citing unrealistic standards and higher failure rates overall but particularly female Soldiers.

The United States Army is in a purgatory of fitness. Soldiers impacted by changing standards, are unsure of what the basic requirements will be in order to prepare. This vignette showcases how politically correct involvement upon one preparedness facet of the Army acts as a distraction from lethality. Policy and politically charged mandates, along with “knee jerk” reactionary training have continued to plague the force and sap lethality in earnest for over 24 months.

https://havokjournal.com/culture/military/the-u-s-army-is-politically-correct-and-less-lethal/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: The U.S. Army is Politically Correct… And Less Lethal
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2022, 10:15:30 pm »
The Army was never intended to be politically correct.

It is there to protect and defend and, when appropriate, project power, by breaking things and killing people.
That involves hurting a lot more than overstimulated sensitivities.
I really don't see how being all sensitive to their pronouns changes that mission.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis