Author Topic: Juneau to Electrify Bus Fleet Despite Only Electric Bus Regularly Failing to Complete Routes  (Read 202 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Juneau to Electrify Bus Fleet Despite Only Electric Bus Regularly Failing to Complete Routes
 September 20, 2022

By Clarise Larson
The City and Borough of Juneau’s municipal bus service, Capital Transit, announced last week that it is set to be awarded close to $2.3 million from a federal grant which will go toward infrastructure replacement to aid the city’s long-term goal of electrifying its transit system moving forward.

Trouble in Electric Paradise

Currently, Capital Transit only owns one electric bus — which has been in service since April 2021 and is the state’s first municipally operated electric bus — out of its 18 bus fleet.

The 40-foot Proterra bus has experienced mechanical problems since its launch and was not holding battery charges long enough to complete an entire route during this winter’s cold weather, but Koch said the city is looking at different electric bus manufacturers for the new buses.

https://heartlanddailynews.com/2022/09/juneau-to-electrify-bus-fleet-despite-only-electric-bus-regularly-failing-to-complete-routes/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson