Author Topic: DoD announces new Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Committee  (Read 144 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DoD announces new Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Committee
« on: September 24, 2022, 11:44:59 am »

DoD announces new Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Committee

SEPTEMBER 23, 2022 LIZ GEORGE

President Joe Biden’s Department of Defense announced on Friday a new Defense Advisory Committee on Diversity and Inclusion. Composed of civilian men and women, the committee will “provide advice and recommendations on matters and policies relating to the improvement of racial/ethnic diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity within the Department with a primary focus on military personnel.”

Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin appointed General (Ret.) Lester Lyles to serve as chair of the committee; Lyles said he looks forward to advising Austin on ways to “improve racial/ethnic diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity as a force multiplier in the military.”

The following is the department’s entire news release on the announcement:

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/09/dod-announces-new-diversity-and-inclusion-advisory-committee/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: DoD announces new Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Committee
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2022, 11:46:11 am »
There is nothing wrong with diversity as long as it isn't being used as a mask for wokeness. :nono:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson