Author Topic: ARE GREEN BERETS TURNING PINK? INTEGRATING WOMEN INTO SPECIAL FORCES  (Read 618 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
ARE GREEN BERETS TURNING PINK? INTEGRATING WOMEN INTO SPECIAL FORCES

DAVID WALTONSEPTEMBER 20, 2022

Is advancing women’s interests worth destroying America’s most elite military units? One can hardly peruse media (social and otherwise) without hearing histrionic tales of plummeting standards and woeful urban legends of the crumbling of our sacred institutions. Gender-neutral physical fitness tests, time-honored events removed from the training calendar, and gender-integrated barracks — with all these changes, its easy to question if the standard is still the standard. Can America’s special operators withstand yet another social experiment? The reality is that there is no real evidence to support this narrative: Standards have not been altered to accommodate women. Our investigation suggests that assessment and selection for U.S. Army Special Forces is as hard as it has always been.

The lifting of the Combat Exclusion Policy in January 2013 opened the ranks of U.S. Army Special Forces, the vaunted Green Berets, to female soldiers. To date, only a handful of women have qualified for Special Forces Assessment and Selection, and even fewer have been successful. In fact, assessment and selection standards are so rigorous that it took years for the first woman to be selected. Regardless, now that women have successfully navigated assessment and selection, there is an opportunity to evaluate the possibility of bias in assessment and selection and apply corrective measures if need be. The assessment and selection model is a decades-old system originally designed to assess only male candidates, which was created in 1988 by Gen. James A. Guest of the John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School. Institutionally, the schoolhouse is dutybound to evaluate the efficacy of the model.

https://warontherocks.com/2022/09/are-green-berets-turning-pink-integrating-women-into-special-forces/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: ARE GREEN BERETS TURNING PINK? INTEGRATING WOMEN INTO SPECIAL FORCES
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2022, 11:22:00 am »
I honestly think Milley would sacrifice the Green Berets to advance his woke agenda. 9999hair out0000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2022, 05:17:11 pm »
Projecting the woke-ism of the current west onto the strict theo-patriarchies of a significant part of the world will not help SF missions that I can see. So maybe this just bumps the knowledgeable former field personnel out of the supervisory and planning positions and back into the field or retirement.

I'd be interested in your take @sneakypete
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2022, 11:15:13 pm »
I honestly think Milley would sacrifice the Green Berets to advance his woke agenda. 9999hair out0000

@rangerrebew

In a freaking INSTANT!

In FACT,the left has been trying  to  do this since the late 1960's. I know of one instance where the OIC of SF Training Group was ORDERED to send a politically connected female officer through the course again after she was flunked out the first time.

Guess what?

The SFTG Cadre flunked her out the second time too,even after it became known she had Rabbi's at the Pentagon monitoring her activities. Nobody gave ORDERS to pass her through,but it was obvious that was what they were trying  because when the Pentagon ordered them to send her through again,they refused.

The end result was the OIC at McCall and two senior NCO's at McCall were given such bad reviews that they were forced to retire. IIRC,they sued and had the bad marks removed from their service records so they could receive the retirement pay they were due,but their army days were over forever.

Ironically enough,there were (still are?) some SF guys at the time were all F0R female SF soldiers as long as their duty assignments were restricted to intelligence operations. After all,let's assume you are tailing someone suspected of being a double-agent in the US Military and selling/giving national defense information to Soviet Agents. Which would be more effective,an all-male team,or a team that consisted of a couple of SF school-trained intelligence agents composed of a man and a woman,walking along holding hands and smiling and talking to each other?

Or just a woman walking along alone,or maybe pushing a baby carriage?

Just don't expect women soldiers to carry over 100 lbs of gear on them when they parachute into a foreign nation to conduct a hit or a raid. They just aren't strong enough for that type of duty.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2022, 11:18:06 pm »

@rangerrebew

Sacrifice SF?

Hell,he has been trying to sacrifice America ever since he graduated from West Point.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2022, 11:26:38 pm »
Projecting the woke-ism of the current west onto the strict theo-patriarchies of a significant part of the world will not help SF missions that I can see. So maybe this just bumps the knowledgeable former field personnel out of the supervisory and planning positions and back into the field or retirement.

I'd be interested in your take @sneakypete

@Smokin Joe

That happened back in the late 60's or early 70's. Can't remember which for sure at this late date. See my earlier post above for details.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2022, 12:15:10 pm »
@sneakypete

[quote 

Sacrifice SF?

Hell,he has been trying to sacrifice America ever since he graduated from West Point.
[/quote]

He wants to get rid of TOXIC MASCULINITY, so getting rid of SF would be a huge feather in his non-masculine bonnet.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 12:20:15 pm by rangerrebew »
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2022, 01:20:57 pm »
@sneakypete

[quote 

Sacrifice SF?

He wants to get rid of TOXIC MASCULINITY, so getting rid of SF would be a huge feather in his non-masculine bonnet.

@rangerrebew

And he was NOT doing this on his own. He had "Rabbi's" pushing him along and making sure he got assigned to the "right" assignments to insure his promotions,yet they were also promotions that kept him out of harm's way.

I would REALLY love to read his award letter for his CIB,and find out who signed off on it,and probably even more important,who was the boss of the guy that signed off on it.

AFAIK from looking at bio's,he was NEVER in combat when/while he was young enough to be a platoon or company officer. SEEMS like his entire career prior to making field grade officer were spent on staff positions or attending schools to learn how to be a staff officer or a commanding general.

For those of you who do not know,the Army REQUIREMENTS to be awarded a Combat Infantryman's Badge is you must not ONLY be in an infantry command during a time of war or recognized armed conflict,you MUST ALSO BE TAKEN UNDER SMALL ARMS FIRE AND RETURN SMALL ARMS FIRE PERSONALLY.

It is NOT enough to be in an area where the shooting is happening,you MUST be a participant!

BTW,Miley is NOT alone on this by ANY means. Various 82nd Abn Division commanding generals are famous for sending detachments off to various hot spots where revolutions are happening,and then awarding CIB's to EVERYBODY in that unit,including cooks and truck drivers,as well as anyone on the General's Staff that doesn't have one,even if they never left Bragg.

Their deployment to the uprising in the Dominican Republic in the mid-60's is a PERFECT example of this.  I am guessing their causality list due to enemy gunfire can be counted on two hands,yet everybody that went there got awarded CIB's. Hell,support (non infantry) people from that Brigade that didn't even go there got CIB's,just because they were assigned to that Brigade if what I heard at that time is true.

A BUCH of these phony CIB awards got pulled after a Brigade from the 82nd was sent to VN,and some of the senior officers and NCO's tried putting themselves in for a 2nd Award.

AFAIK,nobody got into trouble for this because there were senior officers involved and it seems like NOBODY that ever graduated from West Point can ever be found to be at fault for anything.

Miley is living proof of this.

BTW,I personally knew of a SOG Recon guy that served a 6 month tour running recon missions with SOG,and he didn't get a CIB because even though he was shot at several times as a member of the recon team,he was never in a position to return fire. To EARN a CIB,you must be shot at AND return fire while in combat with an enemy force. You don't return random fire because it is random fire BECAUSE the enemy doesn't know where you are,and they are firing at random to try to get you to return fire and give away your position, so they know where to foc.us their fire

For those of you who don't know,the idea of inserting a recon team into an area is to detect enemy troop movements,locations,storage areas,etc,etc,etc. On an IDEAL mission,the enemy never knows you were there,thus nobody was shooting at you and you were not returning fire at anone. Thus,no CIB.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 01:28:27 pm by sneakypete »

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2022, 04:42:14 pm »
Let us not forget Lurch Kerry nominating himself, and getting. a purple heart for  hitting his head on the dashboard of his patrol boat. Another fine example of democrat manhood. :thud: 
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2022, 10:46:52 pm »
Let us not forget Lurch Kerry nominating himself, and getting. a purple heart for  hitting his head on the dashboard of his patrol boat. Another fine example of democrat manhood. :thud:

@rangerrebew

He also put himself in for the Silver Star that he was awarded,and signed the approval paper because his CO was away at the time,leaving Kerry as the acting CO.

This is the same SS he supposedly threw over the WH fence during his VN War Protest days.

Come to find out later,it was one he had bought from a pawn shop. This was revealed when someone visited his office and spotted the framed Silver Star hanging on the wall behind his desk.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2022, 10:50:03 pm »

@rangerrebew

BTW,he wrote up and approved ALL THREE of the Purple Hearts he received. He did this because back then getting wounded on 3 separate occasions meant an automatic transfer back to the US. His phoney PH's got him out of VN months earlier than he was scheduled to leave.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2022, 10:30:47 am »
@sneakypete

I'm certain he believed he could help America more with his brain than with bullets and his presence in Congress would ensure no wars would ever be fought again. :headbang:
Thomas Jefferson