Author Topic: Are We Just One Big Storm Away Climate Lockdowns? I & I Editorial Board  (Read 269 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Are We Just One Big Storm Away Climate Lockdowns?
I & I Editorial Board
September 23, 2022

While we never thought that the coronavirus pandemic was engineered to soften us up for harsher climate lockdowns to come later, we did note that our ruling class was watching our reactions to its repressive rules to see how far it could go the next time. Today we’re alarmed that “the next time” might be here soon.

In November 2020, we said we were afraid that the country was being conditioned to just take whatever is dished out by power-hungry officials, elected and unelected, and were troubled that Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, could say “now is the time to do what you’re told” with minimal condemnation and no demands that he be fired.

Nearly two years later, it’s clear that our concerns were justified.

We find the evidence in a Sept. 14 World Economic Forum document topped by the title “‘My Carbon’: An approach for inclusive and sustainable cities.”

The report says there have been “significant developments” over the last five to seven years “on social, environment and technology fronts that could help realize” the goals “for shaping the future towards smart and sustainable cities.”

more
https://issuesinsights.com/2022/09/23/are-we-just-one-big-storm-away-climate-lockdowns/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Are We Just One Big Storm Away Climate Lockdowns? I & I Editorial Board
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2022, 08:14:45 pm »
Actually, I would think Americans have had a belly full of that nonsense, already.

The only 'climate lockdowns' we have here are when the roads are impassable in winter due to a blizzard, and then there are always those intrepid (insane) few--I know, I have been among them. :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Are We Just One Big Storm Away Climate Lockdowns? I & I Editorial Board
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2022, 12:57:28 am »
There's just one problem with the "climate lockdown" hypothesis.

When the coronavirus lockdowns were announced, they were explicitly understood to be temporary. It was originally sold as two to three weeks (except in New York, where Cuomo was the first to openly admit he planned to keep the state locked down for months), but the nearest precedent—the Spanish flu lockdowns of 1918 and what we could deduce was coming out of China at the time (as unreliable and propagandized as that was)—suggested that we would be granted our normal lives back by summer 2020. Compliance was built on the premise that it would end in a reasonable amount of time, like all other restrictions in history.

That, obviously, did not happen in most places. The problem was that they never had an exit strategy after contact tracing was proven ineffective. They knew that the moment they lifted restrictions, the virus was going to spread again. And so, like micromanagers on steroids, they decided to forestall the inevitable while, of course, turning blind eyes to rioters, something that undermined everything they said they were doing. They seriously tried to suppress society for over a year until they could rush a totally new, undertested vaccine onto the market. One that eventually failed to stop the spread, just like all other efforts.

With all that in mind, a climate lockdown would have no known exit strategy. It would be permanent. Most ardent believers will admit that the climate is too far gone to stop. It would merely be mitigation, forever, even as the climate warms (slower, mind you, than they say it would without such draconian measures). So with a guarantee that we would never get our lives back, you would have far less compliance. And even if politicians tried to say there would be an end, the experience of 2020 and 2021 would still make such a claim unbelievable.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024