Author Topic: Pentagon planned 63% cut to Hawaii troops’ living allowances as billions flow to Ukraine  (Read 148 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pentagon planned 63% cut to Hawaii troops’ living allowances as billions flow to Ukraine
 -
SEPTEMBER 22, 2022 RYAN MORGAN

U.S. troops stationed in Hawaii were told this month they’d soon see a 62.5 percent cut in their overseas cost-of-living allowance (COLA) at a time when the U.S. is sending billions in aid to Ukraine, dealing with high inflation, and a potential recession. Last week, however, the Pentagon said it reversed that decision.

Members of the Hawaii-based 352d Cyberspace Operations Squadron were among those who got a memo about the plans to cut their COLA pay. A copy of that memo was first obtained and published Sept. 15 by TerminalCWO, a popular social media handle that shares military whistleblower claims, leaks and complaints.

The leaked memo reads:

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/09/pentagon-planned-63-cut-to-hawaii-troops-living-allowances-as-billions-flow-to-ukraine/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson