Author Topic: Fauci says ‘we are not where we need to be’ after Biden declares ‘pandemic is over’  (Read 560 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Fauci says ‘we are not where we need to be’ after Biden declares ‘pandemic is over’
by Olafimihan Oshin - 09/19/22 8:10 PM ET

Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, said Monday that the U.S. is not where it needs to be regarding the coronavirus pandemic, the day after an interview with President Biden was broadcast in which Biden said that the “pandemic is over.”

In a talk with the Center for Strategic and International Studies, Fauci, Biden’s top COVID-19 adviser who last month announced his pending retirement from the government, said that much depends on how the country handles future virus variants.

“How we respond and how we’re prepared for the evolution of these variants is going to depend on us. And that gets to the other conflicting aspect of this — is the lack of a uniform acceptance of the interventions that are available to us in this country where even now, more than two years, close to three years, into the outbreak, we have only 67 percent of our population vaccinated and only one-half of those have received a single boost,” Fauci said.

He noted that the country is still experiencing more than 400 daily deaths due to COVID-19, though that number is down from a year earlier.

“But we are not where we need to be if we’re going to be able to, quote, ‘live with the virus,’ because we know we’re not going to eradicate it. We only did that with one virus, which is smallpox, and that was very different because smallpox doesn’t change from year to year, or decade to decade, or even from century to century,” Fauci added.

“And we have vaccines and infection that imparts immunity that lasts for decades and possibly lifetime.”

The Hill has reached out to the White House for further comment.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/3651195-fauci-says-we-are-not-where-we-need-to-be-after-biden-declares-pandemic-is-over/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
We need to be without Fauci.  That is where we need to be.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Fauci wants COVID forever! He must have crapped his pants when Biden said that.
To Fauci COVID = 10s of millions of dollars. To say it is over directly affects his bank account.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The evil elf will never go away, I have no doubt that even after his death his headstone will play Covid misinformation.

Offline mountaineer

That quack Wallensky at CDC is now pushing for shots every two months.
Rochelle Walensky, MD, MPH
@CDCDirector
Today, I received my updated #COVID19 vaccine!
Laboratory data suggest these updated vaccines provide increased protection against currently circulating variants. If you received your last COVID-19 vaccine >2 mo. ago, I encourage you to join me & get your updated vaccine now.

2:55 PM · Sep 22, 2022
Yes, we all know it's a vitamin shot, Rochelle.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji