Author Topic: ‘Just Good Common Sense’: UK Confirms it Will Lift Fracking Ban in England  (Read 409 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Just Good Common Sense’: UK Confirms it Will Lift Fracking Ban in England

Peter Caddle 23 Sep 2022

The UK government has removed a ban on the use of fracking in England, with the country’s Energy Secretary telling the house of commons that the move is “just good common sense”.

A ban on the use of fracking in England that has been in place since 2019 has finally been lifted in the face of the ongoing energy crisis, with the UK Energy Secretary, Jacob Rees-Mogg, having said the decision makes “just good common sense”.

Speaking in the commons on Thursday, Rees-Mogg outright dismissed any suggestion that fracking posed any danger through seismic activity, saying that such notions were bourne out of a total misunderstanding of how earthquakes are measured.

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1572894799916564483

more
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/09/23/just-good-common-sense-uk-confirms-it-will-lift-fracking-ban-in-england/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
 :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands:

Finally!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
How long till John 'Did you know I was in Vietnam' Kerry condemns them for helping to destroy the Earth?

Online rustynail

My prediction, fracking is not going to happen.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
My prediction, fracking is not going to happen.
If the UK is to get the Natural Gas they need, it likely will. Keep in mind it is just a production enhancement technique, not drilling the hole, and that existing wellbores can be re-fracced to perk up production (although it is seldom as effective as the first round).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis