Author Topic: Minneapolis gang violence intensifies after police defunding: 'It's like you're playing Russian roul  (Read 355 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Minneapolis gang violence intensifies after police defunding: 'It's like you're playing Russian roulette'
Michael Tobin - Yesterday 5:41 PM

In North Minneapolis, at the intersection of North Lyndale and West Broadway, a crowd gathers every night. They loiter, they smoke, they drink, they deal drugs and do drugs. The open-air drug market takes on the form of a street party, until the gunfire rings out – and that happens almost every night.

Two nights we were in Minneapolis and both nights there was gunfire at the intersection. The first night, two people were shot. It is so severe, the gas station on the corner has been nicknamed by the locals: murder station. People who live close say the violence, drug use and gang activity in North Minneapolis has become intolerable.

Fearful of retaliation, Christiana would only give me her first name. "I got a son I raise out here," she says. "My child can’t play in the yard. I hear four gunshots a night on my block." Loretha King stopped our camera crew to let us know the plight of the people in her community. "The kids can't even walk up to Wendy's or Taco Bell or anywhere." She says, "Because there's so much drug trafficking, there's so much gang violence."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/minneapolis-gang-violence-intensifies-after-police-defunding-it-s-like-you-re-playing-russian-roulette/ar-AA128N6k?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=30fb46c2a1da44ebb49c5ec2a127bbcd
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk

Offline goatprairie

These people elected the Dem pols who've ruined the Twin Cities. They're now reaping the whirlwind.
And no, I don't expect these people to get a clue. They'll gleefully elect the next Dem pol who promises to blame the police for the violence and keep the gravy train going.