Author Topic: Texas tractor trailer truck careens off overpass, driver killed in fiery crash  (Read 478 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 September 22, 2022 1:39pm EDT
Texas tractor trailer truck careens off overpass, driver killed in fiery crash
Gustavo Rodriguez Gomez, 71, was the driver of the truck in Texas

By Pilar Arias | Fox News

The man behind the wheel of an 18-wheeler that flew off a freeway overpass in north Texas before the truck burst into flames has been identified.

Gustavo Rodriguez Gomez, 71, was the driver of the tractor-trailer at the Fairview-Allen border around 3 p.m. Tuesday, the Collin County Medical Examiner confirmed to FOX 4.

Video captured by another driver who wishes to remain anonymous shows the truck flipping over a concrete guard rail on US-75 near Stacy Road.

Allen police say the big rig collided with another vehicle while heading north on 75, causing the 18-wheeler to fly off the right side of the overpass.

Gomez died on scene. No one else was injured.

"Gomez's wife, Helen Torres, told WFAA Wednesday afternoon that her husband had been delivering mail for the USPS to Missouri. She said that he had driven for Bancroft and Sons Transportation and that the company had been contracted to make the delivery," the TV station reports.

Torres added that her husband had been driving with the company for nearly 21 years.

Bancroft and Sons Transportation has reportedly offered to pay for Gomez's funeral.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-tractor-trailer-truck-careens-overpass-driver-killed-fiery-crash
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Just damn.  RIP sir.

I see auto drivers treating truckers like $h!t all the time...wouldn't surprise me one bit if that's the case here.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
RIP, indeed. No way to survive the way that cab landed.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Just damn.  RIP sir.

I see auto drivers treating truckers like $h!t all the time...wouldn't surprise me one bit if that's the case here.
If it was some moron driver forcing him to avoid that caused the accident I hope there will be someone with a dashcam that caught the event so they can be charged. If the trucker had a coronary or stroke I don't think they will be able to tell after that impact and fire. But yes, RIP.
I have seen two axle fools deliberately put Truckers at risk, sometimes trying an insurance scam, but I have also seen truckers make hostile moves of two axles too. I think you have to have a special mindset to drive a big rig with tons of cargo in traffic with all the idiots on the road.