Author Topic: 50 Reasons to Re-Think Climate Policy  (Read 288 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
50 Reasons to Re-Think Climate Policy
« on: September 22, 2022, 05:15:11 pm »
50 Reasons to Re-Think Climate Policy
4 hours ago 
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do?  –  JM Keynes

Barry Brill,

Climate Policy is in crisis.

This month, the G20 Climate Conference in Bali collapsed in confusion – preceded by the  flops of both COP26 in Glasgow and COP25 in Madrid. Three decades of climate talks (52 weeks of Conferencing) have failed dismally – and the global objective of stabilizing atmospheric greenhouse gas emissions is no nearer being attained than it was at the Rio Earth Summit in 1992.

The initial hopes engendered by the tepid Paris Agreement of 2015 (Paris15) have been dashed. No material forward progress  has been made during the past seven years. China has now broken off its climate policy co-operation with the USA. And Europe’s fickleness has been glaringly exposed by an energy price shock.

Human-related global CO2 emissions will probably reach all-time record levels next year. No developed country anywhere is even on track to meet its nationally-determined contribution (NDC) to the goals of Paris15. Voters’ appetite for more climate adventurism is probably at its lowest level in decades.

It’s time for a re-think.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/09/22/50-reasons-to-re-think-climate-policy/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Re: 50 Reasons to Re-Think Climate Policy
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 05:27:20 pm »
Thanks for one of the most informative, entertaining reads in a long time.  I'm bookmarking, and reading in substantially more detail later.

I think you gave this to us earlier too, and is a great resoource to counter what has become the biggest scam in Human history. 

https://realclimatescience.com/2022/07/great-university-of-unlearning/
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 07:09:17 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 06:23:31 pm »
Thanks for one of the most informative, entertaining reads in along time.  I'm bookmarking, and reading in substantially more detail later.

I think you gave this to us earlier too, and is a great resoource to counter what has become the biggest scam in Human history. 

https://realclimatescience.com/2022/07/great-university-of-unlearning/

Agreed.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2022, 10:09:30 pm »
"50 Reasons to Re-Think Climate Policy"

I'll make it an easy read:
1. It's a hoax - all lies.
2. It's a hoax - all lies.
3. It's a hoax - all lies.
4. It's a hoax - all lies.