Author Topic: Poll shows Fetterman up by 5 points, Shapiro up by 10 in Pennsylvania  (Read 927 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Poll shows Fetterman up by 5 points, Shapiro up by 10 in Pennsylvania
by Chloe Folmar - 09/22/22 5:49 PM ET

Pennsylvania Lieutenant Gov. John Fetterman (D) holds a 5-point lead over Republican Mehmet Oz in their race for the Senate, according to a new poll from Muhlenberg College and Morning Call.

The survey, released Thursday, also found Democratic Attorney General Josh Shapiro with a bigger lead in the state’s gubernatorial race against Republican Doug Mastriano. Shapiro had a 10-point lead in that contest, the poll found.

In the Fetterman-Oz race, which will play a pivotal role in the national race for the Senate majority, Fetterman had 49 percent support, compared to 44 percent for Oz.

When it came to favorability, those surveyed gave the Democrat a bigger advantage. Forty-four percent had a favorable view of Fetterman, compared to 29 percent for Oz.

Shapiro garnered majority support in the poll, 53 percent compared to 42 percent for Mastriano.

Shapiro was rated favorably by 49 percent of those surveyed, while Mastriano was rated favorably by 31 percent of the voters.

The survey, which was conducted over telephone from September 13-16, found the two parties nearly deadlocked in terms of their overall support in Pennsylvania, with 46 percent of voters preferring Republican candidates and 45 percent preferring Democratic candidates.

The 420 Pennsylvanians polled ranked the economy first in a list of concerns affecting their votes in the midterm elections.

Twenty-two percent of voters said they were most concerned about the economy, followed by 20 percent who said their top concern was abortion or reproductive rights. A further 12 percent said that inflation was the biggest issue affecting their vote.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3656881-poll-news-fetterman-up-by-5-points-shapiro-up-by-10-in-pennsylvania/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Poll shows Fetterman up by 5 points, Shapiro up by 10 in Pennsylvania
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 11:29:47 pm »
These numbers don't make sense..they say the economy is their #1 issue yet they prefer a Dem, who btw created this economy... :shrug:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 11:57:13 pm »
These numbers don't make sense..they say the economy is their #1 issue yet they prefer a Dem, who btw created this economy... :shrug:

It doesn't matter.  They have a 'D' next to their name.  They have been bombarded with ads pointing the finger at the GOP for the bad economy and they are so misinformed that they believe it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2022, 12:02:16 am »
His neck growth is winning.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2022, 07:52:05 am »
If they have mail in voting, this is just setting the point spread for the fix.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2022, 09:30:16 am »
:facepalm2:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2022, 01:25:27 pm »
There's no such thing as a fair election in Pennsylvania anymore.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2022, 01:27:35 pm »
It is not Frank Cannon's state any longer.  Philthy and Pittstye control the state.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2022, 02:16:12 pm »
Pat Toomey won there twice, the legislature is still GOP, house delegation is split, state auditor and treasurer are GOP.  Nothing has changed except the Trump-endorsed candidates, who are terrible.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2022, 02:28:34 pm »
Mastriano has no money. I see Shapiro ads all over the place.

Mastriano cancelled his only debate at the Chamber of Commerce because he objected to the MSM moderator.  This now makes him look like he is dodging the debate, and has taken the heat off Fetterman for doing the same.  Meanwhile, The Chamber of Commerce is now pissed off at the GOP candidate for governor with just 5 weeks to go before the election. Not a good look.

Oz is spending, but his campaign has been tepid.  Fetterman is the scariest looking communist you can imagine, and yet he is winning because Oz hasn't gone after Fetterman's soft underbelly, which is the many convicted murderers Fetterman let out of prison early as head of the state parole board. Oz needs to take some of the victims of the crimes these people committed and make them the centerpiece of his campaign.  Instead, Oz is out there trying to be "kind Dr. Oz" hoping to get the support of suburban women.  Fetterman is painting Oz as an out-of-touch outsider, fake TV doctor, and it is working.

Fetterman's weakness is not his mental agility, or lack of it.  It is his radical ideas and the consequences of those ideas on real people.  So far, Oz has not tapped into that vein, and time is ticking.

There is a reason they call the Democrats the Evil Party and the Republicans the Stupid Party, and we are seeing it being played out brutally in the Pennsylvania campaigns.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 02:32:27 pm by massadvj »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2022, 02:32:44 pm »
I was no fan of Dave McCormick, but he would have run a better campaign against Fetterlump than Oz, his opponent in the Republican primary.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2022, 02:38:19 pm »
I was no fan of Dave McCormick, but he would have run a better campaign against Fetterlump than Oz, his opponent in the Republican primary.

I am not sure about that.  I have always been a believer that if a guy can't win a primary, he probably can't win a general election, either.  If McCormick was better at running a campaign, he'd have beaten Oz in the primary.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2022, 03:08:19 pm »
I've seen several polls that were closer, near tied.

This is a bit of media cherry picking here.
The Republic is lost.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2022, 03:41:38 pm »
Enough about Fetterman, how is the alien on his neck polling?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2022, 10:56:28 pm »
Fetterneck: "I want LGBTQ education to be mandatory in all schools."

https://twitter.com/jj_talking/status/1573718254560083973

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2022, 11:42:38 pm »
I've seen several polls that were closer, near tied.

This is a bit of media cherry picking here.

No way this Uncle Fester is gonna win.