Author Topic: Russia WILL use its most powerful nukes to defend 'new territories' in Ukraine, Putin ally insists a  (Read 722 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Russia WILL use its most powerful nukes to defend 'new territories' in Ukraine, Putin ally insists as he warns the West 'there is no going back'

Russia will defend occupied areas of Ukraine with nukes, Dmitry Medvedev says 
    That includes largest bombs and hypersonic weapons fired at the West, he said
    Comes after Putin made fresh atomic threat to world leaders over the war
    Russia has been forced to mobilise its military reserves after humiliating defeats

By Chris Pleasance for MailOnline

Published: 07:02 EDT, 22 September 2022 | Updated: 08:05 EDT, 22 September 2022

Russia will use its largest and most-powerful nukes to defend the territory it occupies in Ukraine, a staunch ally of Vladimir Putin has insisted today.

Dmitry Medvedev, who served as a stand-in for Putin from 2008 to 2012, vowed the territories will become part of Russia when referendums are held this week - after which 'any Russian weapons' will be used to defend them.

That includes 'strategic nuclear weapons' such as Putin's giant new Sarmat missile, Medvedev said, and 'weapons based on new principles' - likely a reference to hypersonic technology that the Kremlin claims is invulnerable to air defences.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11238753/Russia-use-nukes-defend-new-territories-Ukraine-Medvedev-says.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
There is no doubt in my mind that Putin is now a wounded, cornered animal who has nothing to lose.

This is not a bluff.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Ah, the classic if I can't have her nobody can ploy. Because once some idiot starts using nukes, especially their most powerful, there won't be a whole lot left for anyone to fight over.

Offline DB

There is no doubt in my mind that Putin is now a wounded, cornered animal who has nothing to lose.

This is not a bluff.

Well millions of Russians do and they may have a different take on the issue.

F' Putin. No surrendering to the bully or the bully will only make more demands.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Well millions of Russians do and they may have a different take on the issue.

Well, the clock is ticking, so if they do, they better do something pretty soon.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DefiantMassRINO

'new territories' is a self-defeating choice of words ... "new' implies that were not previously Russian territory ... makes it more difficult to make the case that Ukraine is invading Russia.

It would have been rhetorically effective to just say "Russian territories", as if they've always been Russian and that there is no such thing as an independent Ukraine.

Mad Vlad is slipping off his game.  KGB Vlad would not have made that same mistake.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
'new territories' is a self-defeating choice of words ... "new' implies that were not previously Russian territory ... makes it more difficult to make the case that Ukraine is invading Russia.

It would have been rhetorically effective to just say "Russian territories", as if they've always been Russian and that there is no such thing as an independent Ukraine.

Mad Vlad is slipping off his game.  KGB Vlad would not have made that same mistake.

Yep, annexation of those eastern territories would be a historic blunder and escalation for a power that has been slapped back on its heels . 

If Vlad was trying to temper and lower the support for Ukraine, he's a lot less of a military tactician than people made him out as.

Offline Kamaji

Russia will use its largest and most-powerful nukes to defend the territory it occupies in Ukraine, a staunch ally of Vladimir Putin has insisted today.

That is so pointlessly stupid that it puts the lie to the whole claim.  Russia's most powerful nukes are so large that they would simply obliterate precisely the territory Russia is trying to conquer.

This is patent bluffery.  If this idiot had wanted to make a real put-them-on-edge statement, he would have limited himself to claiming that Russia would use tactical nukes to defend it's newly stolen territories.

On the other hand, if Russians believe what this guy says, then they'd better get busy deposing Putin now, because while Russia may, or may not, be able to do substantial damage to Western Europe/NATO or the U.S., Russia will definitely cease to exist as anything other than Siberia after the first Russian launch.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Putin is a megalomaniac attempting to impose his will on Ukraine.

Nuking Ukraine would be demonstration of his power and his willingness to use it.

He doesn't care if Ukraine is an industrial producer, agricultural producer, or a radioactive wasteland.

He needs to succeed in Ukraine to move forward with intimidating other former Soviet territories to submit to him.

If nuking Ukraine is what it takes to keep USSR v2.0 on track, he'll do it because he has to.

Mad Vlad has a pathological czarist complex - he has the devine right of czars (kings) to do whatever he wants.  KGB Vlad no longer exists.  He's now Mad Czar Vlad.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Of course this is nonsense. And I doubt his generals would follow him even if he did order a nuclear strike.

A powerful nuke anywhere in the area would kill as many Russians as Ukrainians, it would make the area unusable for at least a lifetime, and it would damage Russian homeland as well.

This reminds me of Iran claiming they will use nuclear weapons on Israel. If they did that, they would kill more Muslims than Jews, and the aftermath would likely end their entire nation.

Japan was halfway around the world from America. These people are neighbors. Using a nuclear weapon on a neighbor for playing loud music late at night, is insanity. You would damage yourself as much as them.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DefiantMassRINO

... only if that person is sane and rational ... Mad Czar Vlad is not acting rationally

Offline Kamaji

... only if that person is sane and rational ... Mad Czar Vlad is not acting rationally

I rather doubt that Russia's nukes are subject to the sole and exclusive launch power of a single individual, even Putin.  There are other people in the chain of command between any launch order the Mad Vlad gives, and the actual ignition launch of a missile, or the dropping of a bomb.  The more obviously irrational he gets, the more likely a launch order from him will be ignored.