Author Topic: Chicago Mayor Lightfoot tells McDonald's CEO to 'educate himself' after he warns of rising crime  (Read 1081 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
September 22, 2022 10:41am EDT

Chicago Mayor Lightfoot tells McDonald's CEO to 'educate himself' after he warns of rising crime
McDonald's CEO Chris Kempczinski said in a speech last week it's time to 'face facts' about rising crime in Chicago

By Andrew Miller FOXBusiness

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot fired back at the CEO of McDonald’s after he highlighted the difficulty rising crime in the city has caused for his business, telling him he needs to "educate himself" on the matter.

"I think what would have been helpful is for the McDonald's CEO to educate himself before he spoke," the Chicago Democrat said during a media availability on Tuesday.

McDonald’s CEO Chris Kempczinski warned in a speech at the Economic Club of Chicago luncheon last week that it was time to "face facts" and acknowledge that companies have been leaving the city over the past year due in part to rising crime.

"The fact is that there are fewer large companies headquartered in Chicago this year than last year," Kempczinski said. "There are fewer this month than last month."

Kempczinski also said that rising crime is hurting his company’s ability to recruit top talent and that employees have been hesitant to return to work at the downtown headquarters due to crime concerns.

In the press conference, Lightfoot also pointed to a letter from World Business Chicago President Michael Fassnacht that she says "lays out in exact detail all the good news, economic news, about what’s happening in our city."

"I’m going to focus on those things and not the comments of CEO of McDonald’s," Lightfoot said.

McDonald’s did not immediately respond to a request for comment from FOX Business.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/chicago-mayor-lightfoot-tells-mcdonalds-ceo-educate-himself-warns-rising-crime
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Amazing arrogance on the part of a mayor with absolutely no positive accomplishments.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

No, Ms. Lightfoot, the only person who needs to educate themselves on crime in Chicago, is you.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Micky d's could easily move its HQ and solve the problem.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Micky d's could easily move its HQ and solve the problem.
Why not?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It's like being back on the playground with these guys. Doesn't matter what you say, they'll just escalate with nonsense till you are rolling around in the mud.
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Unknown.
Frankly, there are lots more cities out there with lower crime rates which would be happy to have the McDonald's headquarters there.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis