State Chapters > Arizona

Daniel McCarthy - Interesting

(1/3) > >>

HikerGuy83:
@Cyber Liberty mentioned Daniel McCarthy in another thread.

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on September 11, 2022, 02:04:19 pm ---Daniel McCarthy would have been good.

--- End quote ---

Which I found interesting as I looked into him a little more.

Apparently, he joins Bowers as a non-Trump supporter.

This is from a Newsweek Article:

An Arizona businessman who unsuccessfully ran for Senate in 2020 has promised to donate $1 million to charity if former President Donald Trump takes part in a live debate with him.

Daniel McCarthy, who lost the Republican primary election to former Sen. Martha McSally by nearly 370,000 votes in August 2020, posted the challenge in a video on Twitter which ends with him setting fire to a red Make America Great Again hat with a flamethrower.

McCarthy said he would donate $1 million to a charity of Trump's choice—which the former president must actually choose from a predetermined list posted on McCarthy's website—if he takes part in a 30-minute debate with him at his upcoming rally in Florence, Arizona, on January 15.

https://www.newsweek.com/daniel-mccarthy-gop-senate-candidate-challenging-trump-debate-arizona-1666274

While not liking Trump....sounds like he is still a solid right-winger

He made this statement:

According to The Arizona Republic, McCarthy drummed up support form the far right as part of his bid to defeat McSally, as well as criticizing the current state of the Republican Party.

"Inside the Republican Party there is almost a primal feeling that we're losing our country, and they're sick and tired of having weak Republicans or fake Republicans represent them," McCarthy told The Arizona Republic ahead of the election.

He was creamed by McSally in the primary.  Trump endorsed McSally, someone who came off as about as inspiring as overcooked pasta.

Wow....

Curious to hear how this one get's reconciled.

Cyber Liberty:
He can't possibly be reconciled.  He burned his bridges very well when he showed up at the Statutory State Committeemen meeting bitching and complaining how Trump stole his chances to win by endorsing McSally (That pissed me off too, BTW.  Bad call by Trump in '20).  His gripefest lasted until Security ushered him quickly off the stage.  I was in the third or fourth row in front, center from the stage.  Mohave County got the best seatng because Kelli is from here.

No reconcile, he done blew his chances forever with that stunt.  Even after Kelli Ward retires, future Chairs won't have anything to do with him either.  Too bad, because he really sounded good on paper, but being impetuous to that degree showed a distinct lack of character.  It also pissed off all who would eventually be Chairman of AZGOP.

HikerGuy83:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on September 22, 2022, 05:31:26 pm ---He can't possibly be reconciled.  He burned his bridges very well when he showed up at the Statutory State Committeemen meeting bitching and complaining how Trump stole his chances to win by endorsing McSally (That pissed me off too, BTW.  Bad call by Trump in '20).  His gripefest lasted until Security ushered him quickly off the stage.  I was in the third or fourth row in front, center from the stage.  Mohave County got the best seatng because Kelli is from here.

No reconcile, he done blew his chances forever with that stunt.  Even after Kelli Ward retires, future Chairs won't have anything to do with him either.  Too bad, because he really sounded good on paper, but being impetuous to that degree showed a distinct lack of character.  It also pissed off all who would eventually be Chairman of AZGOP.

--- End quote ---

Still sounds like a pretty hard-line right-winger though.

Good thing he showed these colors before he got into a race and fell apart in front of a camera.

Of course, I'm not sure he would have done worse than McSally in boring people to wits end.

HikerGuy83:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on September 22, 2022, 05:31:26 pm ---He can't possibly be reconciled.  He burned his bridges very well when he showed up at the Statutory State Committeemen meeting bitching and complaining how Trump stole his chances to win by endorsing McSally (That pissed me off too, BTW.  Bad call by Trump in '20).  His gripefest lasted until Security ushered him quickly off the stage.  I was in the third or fourth row in front, center from the stage.  Mohave County got the best seatng because Kelli is from here.

--- End quote ---

Didn't know about the rant.

I have not done that much research on him.

I was just curious because he clearly had it out for DJT.

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: HikerGuy83 on September 22, 2022, 06:38:31 pm ---Didn't know about the rant.

I have not done that much research on him.

I was just curious because he clearly had it out for DJT.

--- End quote ---

Now you know....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version