Author Topic: Daniel McCarthy - Interesting  (Read 1042 times)

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Daniel McCarthy - Interesting
« on: September 22, 2022, 12:08:24 pm »
@Cyber Liberty mentioned Daniel McCarthy in another thread.

Daniel McCarthy would have been good.

Which I found interesting as I looked into him a little more.

Apparently, he joins Bowers as a non-Trump supporter.

This is from a Newsweek Article:

An Arizona businessman who unsuccessfully ran for Senate in 2020 has promised to donate $1 million to charity if former President Donald Trump takes part in a live debate with him.

Daniel McCarthy, who lost the Republican primary election to former Sen. Martha McSally by nearly 370,000 votes in August 2020, posted the challenge in a video on Twitter which ends with him setting fire to a red Make America Great Again hat with a flamethrower.

McCarthy said he would donate $1 million to a charity of Trump's choice—which the former president must actually choose from a predetermined list posted on McCarthy's website—if he takes part in a 30-minute debate with him at his upcoming rally in Florence, Arizona, on January 15.

https://www.newsweek.com/daniel-mccarthy-gop-senate-candidate-challenging-trump-debate-arizona-1666274

While not liking Trump....sounds like he is still a solid right-winger

He made this statement:

According to The Arizona Republic, McCarthy drummed up support form the far right as part of his bid to defeat McSally, as well as criticizing the current state of the Republican Party.

"Inside the Republican Party there is almost a primal feeling that we're losing our country, and they're sick and tired of having weak Republicans or fake Republicans represent them," McCarthy told The Arizona Republic ahead of the election.

He was creamed by McSally in the primary.  Trump endorsed McSally, someone who came off as about as inspiring as overcooked pasta.

Wow....

Curious to hear how this one get's reconciled.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Daniel McCarthy - Interesting
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 05:31:26 pm »
He can't possibly be reconciled.  He burned his bridges very well when he showed up at the Statutory State Committeemen meeting bitching and complaining how Trump stole his chances to win by endorsing McSally (That pissed me off too, BTW.  Bad call by Trump in '20).  His gripefest lasted until Security ushered him quickly off the stage.  I was in the third or fourth row in front, center from the stage.  Mohave County got the best seatng because Kelli is from here.

No reconcile, he done blew his chances forever with that stunt.  Even after Kelli Ward retires, future Chairs won't have anything to do with him either.  Too bad, because he really sounded good on paper, but being impetuous to that degree showed a distinct lack of character.  It also pissed off all who would eventually be Chairman of AZGOP.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 05:33:41 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 06:37:23 pm »
He can't possibly be reconciled.  He burned his bridges very well when he showed up at the Statutory State Committeemen meeting bitching and complaining how Trump stole his chances to win by endorsing McSally (That pissed me off too, BTW.  Bad call by Trump in '20).  His gripefest lasted until Security ushered him quickly off the stage.  I was in the third or fourth row in front, center from the stage.  Mohave County got the best seatng because Kelli is from here.

No reconcile, he done blew his chances forever with that stunt.  Even after Kelli Ward retires, future Chairs won't have anything to do with him either.  Too bad, because he really sounded good on paper, but being impetuous to that degree showed a distinct lack of character.  It also pissed off all who would eventually be Chairman of AZGOP.

Still sounds like a pretty hard-line right-winger though.

Good thing he showed these colors before he got into a race and fell apart in front of a camera.

Of course, I'm not sure he would have done worse than McSally in boring people to wits end.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2022, 06:38:31 pm »

Didn't know about the rant.

I have not done that much research on him.

I was just curious because he clearly had it out for DJT.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2022, 08:53:22 pm »
Didn't know about the rant.

I have not done that much research on him.

I was just curious because he clearly had it out for DJT.

Now you know....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2022, 04:49:48 pm »
Despite her re-election, Ward is facing spirited competition to lead Arizona’s undeterred far-right caucus. Before her re-election could be announced at the January 23 meeting, the party was crashed by surprise guest Daniel McCarthy, an outlier candidate who’d recently talked about launching an Arizona branch of Trump’s purported “MAGA Party” to challenge “disloyal” Republicans who voted to impeach the former president. McCarthy delivered his short speech to a roar of boos from the crowd, lumping the state’s Republican and Democratic parties together as a “uniparty,” with “spoon-fed” Republican candidates the “controlled opposition.”

https://www.phoenixmag.com/2021/03/23/the-war-is-just-beginning-for-arizonas-largest-political-party/

I can see why you said he'd be good.

Why were you guys booing him.

Seems like that message is right in line with the Election Denier mantra.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2022, 06:55:31 pm »
Despite her re-election, Ward is facing spirited competition to lead Arizona’s undeterred far-right caucus. Before her re-election could be announced at the January 23 meeting, the party was crashed by surprise guest Daniel McCarthy, an outlier candidate who’d recently talked about launching an Arizona branch of Trump’s purported “MAGA Party” to challenge “disloyal” Republicans who voted to impeach the former president. McCarthy delivered his short speech to a roar of boos from the crowd, lumping the state’s Republican and Democratic parties together as a “uniparty,” with “spoon-fed” Republican candidates the “controlled opposition.”

https://www.phoenixmag.com/2021/03/23/the-war-is-just-beginning-for-arizonas-largest-political-party/

I can see why you said he'd be good.

Why were you guys booing him.

Seems like that message is right in line with the Election Denier mantra.

"Election Denier mantra?"  Am I a "denier," @HikerGuy83?

Why were we booing him?  Because the Statutory Meetings are for doing the BUSINESS of the Party.  He wanted to bitch and gripe about how he was "treated."  He was removed because that's the one place and event where we don't talk Politics. It was a business meeting, not a place to air out a personal pique.  As it is, just discussing business, those are all-day meetings, and not political conventions.  Is that clear to you yet?  Because I've explained it to you for the last time.  I give up, because the density factor is too high, almost to the point where I wonder if you are just trolling us.

That's why, and now he's a certified Trump Hater.

BTW, "election denier" is fighting words on TBR.
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2022, 09:02:40 pm »

Why were we booing him?  Because the Statutory Meetings are for doing the BUSINESS of the Party.  He wanted to bitch and gripe about how he was "treated."  He was removed because that's the one place and event where we don't talk Politics. It was a business meeting, not a place to air out a personal pique.  As it is, just discussing business, those are all-day meetings, and not political conventions.  Is that clear to you yet?  Because I've explained it to you for the last time.  I give up, because the density factor is too high, almost to the point where I wonder if you are just trolling us.

That's why, and now he's a certified Trump Hater.

BTW, "election denier" is fighting words on TBR.

In another thread, you said he would have been good. 

Maybe you meant before this.

I was looking for clarrification. 

As to election denier and the rest, you are free NOT to respond to my posts.

I am trying to get some others (who actually live in the state) to get on this board so we can discuss things.

You are NOT going to want to join in those.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2022, 09:42:28 pm »
In another thread, you said he would have been good. 

Maybe you meant before this.

I was looking for clarrification. 

As to election denier and the rest, you are free NOT to respond to my posts.

I am trying to get some others (who actually live in the state) to get on this board so we can discuss things.

You are NOT going to want to join in those.

I supported and voted for Daniel McCarthy.
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2022, 11:17:00 pm »

Needed to address this. 

Yes, you are a "denier" and fighting words or not, it's what you've chosen.

I am not a "denier".  Neither am I one who says he believes it was all kosher.  I don't trust what I am told...BY ANYBODY.

Right now, it is is what it is.

The term election denier is a pejorative term (when used by the left). 

I simply use it as a description. 

Unlike some, I can be a little more nuanced and know the difference.

So there you have it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2022, 05:04:55 pm »
Needed to address this. 

Yes, you are a "denier" and fighting words or not, it's what you've chosen.

I am not a "denier".  Neither am I one who says he believes it was all kosher.  I don't trust what I am told...BY ANYBODY.

Right now, it is is what it is.

The term election denier is a pejorative term (when used by the left). 

I simply use it as a description. 

Unlike some, I can be a little more nuanced and know the difference.

So there you have it.

Okie Dokie.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 05:06:07 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.