Author Topic: Special ops boss hopes replacing CV-22 clutches will keep airmen safe  (Read 149 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Special ops boss hopes replacing CV-22 clutches will keep airmen safe

Efforts continue to recover an Osprey after emergency landing in Norway
By Rachel S. Cohen
 Sep 21, 03:49 PM

NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. — Air Force Special Operations Command plans to replace components of its CV-22 Ospreys following a deep dive into a potentially fatal propulsion issue that has persisted for more than a decade.

Still, the organization’s three-star commander cautioned that there’s much more to learn about what’s causing the tiltrotor aircraft’s clutch — and in turn, the engines — to stall.

“What I intend to do is put a time-change requirement on those clutches,” Lt. Gen. Jim Slife told reporters at a roundtable here Tuesday. “The supply system is going to take a while to react to that because we don’t replace all that many of them right now.”

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2022/09/21/special-ops-boss-hopes-replacing-cv-22-clutches-will-keep-airmen-safe/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Special ops boss hopes replacing CV-22 clutches will keep airmen safe
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 12:09:08 pm »
The best he can do is HOPE it fixes the problem?  With that kind of "confidence," you can be sure illegal aliens will never be put on one, only American troops. :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson