Author Topic: Jet fuel leaked into drinking water aboard Navy aircraft carrier  (Read 320 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Jet fuel leaked into drinking water aboard Navy aircraft carrier
« on: September 22, 2022, 11:39:37 am »
Jet fuel leaked into drinking water aboard Navy aircraft carrier
The water has since been determined safe to use.

BY HALEY BRITZKY | PUBLISHED SEP 21, 2022 4:50 PM

Sailors aboard the USS Nimitz were unable to use the water aboard their ship last week for three days after it was discovered that jet fuel leaked into the crew’s water supply.

Lt. Cmdr. Adam Demeter, spokesman for the USS Nimitz, confirmed in a statement on Wednesday that the aircraft carrier “identified traces of jet propellant-5 (JP-5), used to fuel carrier based aircraft, in the ship’s potable water supply while operating off the coast of southern California” last Friday.

“The crew immediately took action to secure access to the ship’s potable water and provide bottled water to the crew,” Demeter said. “After conducting a thorough flush and inspection of its potable water system, fresh water has been restored to the ship. The water onboard the ship is safe for use and the health and wellbeing of all of our sailors is a top priority.”

Cmdr. Zach Harrell, a Commander, Naval Air Forces spokesman, told Task & Purpose in an additional statement that the crew was notified of the contamination over the ship’s PA system after leadership had secured access to the potable water system. The water was “thoroughly tested” and ultimately deemed safe three days later on Sept. 19.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/navy-fuel-leak-uss-nimitz/
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Jet fuel leaked into drinking water aboard Navy aircraft carrier
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 11:44:50 am »
On the ship I spent almost 3 1/2 years, it was quite common to have some kind of fuel slick in the water.  We were men then and drank it without complaining. 000hehehehe  In fact, it got to the point the water tasted funny without the fuel. :patriot:
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk

Offline ironhorsedriver

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 03:50:12 pm »
In the 70's, Coral Sea and Forrestal we tasted JP in the water all the time. It was normal.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2022, 03:52:42 pm »
I actually chuckled involuntarily when I read the headline.
Add to the chorus this was common and normal.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2022, 03:59:43 pm »
Here comes some more 24/7 legal commercials about drinking water at a military facility/
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2022, 08:25:19 pm »
Here comes some more 24/7 legal commercials about drinking water at a military facility/
Yeah, any more the ads are all "buy this drug" or "if you or a loved one were harmed by..."
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis