Author Topic: Hoyer on Dealing with Food Prices: We Passed a Bill, But It’s ‘an Uphill Battle’ and There’s a War  (Read 254 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hoyer on Dealing with Food Prices: We Passed a Bill, But It’s ‘an Uphill Battle’ and There’s a War

Ian Hanchett 21 Sep 2022

On Wednesday’s broadcast of ABC’s “GMA3,” House Majority Leader Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-MD) responded to a question on what Democrats will do about food prices by stating that they already passed a bill on the subject and the Inflation Reduction Act “to bring other costs down,” it’s “an uphill battle” to deal with food prices, and the war in Ukraine is putting upward pressure on food prices.

Co-host T.J. Holmes asked, “I know Democrats and the president love to talk about gas prices as one indicator, but what do you do when people are still hurting by trying to put food on the table?”

Hoyer responded, “T.J., what we did is we passed a food and fuel bill. Unfortunately, got almost no Republican support for it, which was directed at making sure we have competition in the food-producing industry, that we have availability of supply chains in getting food to where it needs to be. Now, that’s an uphill battle. Inflation is a serious issue that we are dealing with. That’s why we passed the [Inflation] Reduction Act to bring other costs down, medical costs, in particular, down and energy costs down for our people. But we’ve got to bring food prices down as well. Unfortunately, we have a war in Ukraine. That is creating a real challenge of starvation in Africa and some other places, not in America, but it is pressing prices up.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/09/21/hoyer-on-dealing-with-food-prices-we-passed-a-bill-but-its-an-uphill-battle-and-theres-a-war/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

When did we go to war in Ukraine?

Offline LMAO

I have accepted the fact that we are screwed as long as these people are running things. The only hope is to have them removed from positions of power
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 01:47:07 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.