Author Topic: Hurricane Ian Thread  (Read 23728 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Hurricane Ian Thread
« Reply #325 on: October 01, 2022, 03:54:24 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #326 on: October 01, 2022, 04:50:36 pm »
Everybody gangsta until the glass broke
Party until the glass breaks!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #327 on: October 01, 2022, 10:17:02 pm »
 October 1, 2022 4:31pm EDT
Joy Reid says DeSantis warning to looters in Ian’s aftermath is like racist threat from ‘segregationist’
DeSantis told looters, 'I would not want to chance that if I were you, given that we’re a Second Amendment state'
By Gabriel Hays | Fox News

Taking to Twitter, MSNBC host Joy Reid bashed Gov. Ron DeSantis, R-Fla., for warning potential criminals against looting the evacuated homes of Hurricane Ian survivors in Florida, linking his statements to racist cops and politicians of the segregation era.

On Saturday, the host of MSNBC’s "The ReidOut" tweeted that DeSantis telling people not to loot and warning they might be shot by gun-carrying Floridians had the same tone as "segregationist Miami sheriff Walter E. Headley" infamously saying, "When the looting starts, the shooting starts" in the ’60s.

In addition, Reid’s tweet linked to an NPR article about the racist history, connecting it to vicious segregationists and anti-Black politicians such as Eugene "Bull" Conner. She mentioned how DeSantis’ words show he’s returned to that "form."         

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/joy-reid-says-desantis-warning-looters-ians-aftermath-like-racist-threat-segregationist                                                                                     
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #328 on: October 01, 2022, 10:54:56 pm »

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis visited a Waffle House in Florida and served food to residents in the aftermath of Hurricane Ian. (@GovRonDeSantis/Twitter / Fox News)
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #330 on: October 02, 2022, 01:56:26 am »

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis visited a Waffle House in Florida and served food to residents in the aftermath of Hurricane Ian. (@GovRonDeSantis/Twitter / Fox News)

Will this show up in the Waffle House index?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #331 on: October 02, 2022, 02:08:08 am »
"The ReidOut" tweeted that DeSantis telling people not to loot and warning they might be shot by gun-carrying Floridians had the same tone as "segregationist Miami sheriff Walter E. Headley" infamously saying, "When the looting starts, the shooting starts" in the ’60s.                                           

Either way .... You loot, we shoot!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #333 on: October 02, 2022, 02:16:21 am »
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #334 on: October 02, 2022, 02:18:00 am »
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #335 on: October 02, 2022, 02:19:40 am »
Florida Medical Examiners Commission confirms 44 deaths, majority in Lee County

The number of confirmed fatalities from Hurricane Ian rose to at least 44, most of them in Lee County, Florida.

Florida District Medical Examiners report hurricane deaths to the Medical Examiners Commission (MEC) following an autopsy after confirming the death was storm-related.

Lee County bore the brunt of the Category 4 hurricane with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) confirming at least 30 deaths.

In addition, FDLE reported three deaths in Collier County and one in Hendry County.

Sarasota County has three confirmed deaths, while Manatee County had one person die.

In Lake County, one person died and in Volusia County, five deaths were attributed to Hurricane Ian. Authorities have not released the causes of death.

The death toll is expected to climb as floodwaters recede and search teams are able to reach areas initially cut off by the storm.
Posted by Sarah Rumpf
Support the USO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #336 on: October 02, 2022, 02:40:56 am »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #337 on: October 02, 2022, 12:29:05 pm »
Joy Reid says DeSantis warning to looters in Ian’s aftermath is like racist threat from ‘segregationist’
Basically, then, Joy Reid is confirming she's a racist who believes all looters are black?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #338 on: October 02, 2022, 01:24:34 pm »
DeSantis: Elon Musk positioning Starlink satellites to support FL in wake of Hurricane Ian devastation
October 2, 2022 | Kevin Haggerty

Billionaire Elon Musk once again put his money where his mouth is after chiding Vice President Kamala Harris for her politicization of hurricane relief by stepping up in a big way for the people of Florida.

Hundreds of thousands were without power following the devastation wrought by Hurricane Ian throughout Southwest Florida and as a result, many remained incapable of obtaining vital information for lack of internet access. As a result, Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) announced Saturday that the state is working with Musk and his company SpaceX to alleviate that problem as another measure to aid residents in need.

“They’re positioning the Starlink satellites to provide good coverage in Southwest Florida and other effected areas,” Desantis said during a press conference, where he explained the satellite communications company would be taking on some of the financial burden as well.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/10/02/desantis-elon-musk-positioning-starlink-satellites-to-support-fl-in-wake-of-hurricane-ian-devastation-1291396/
Support the USO

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #339 on: October 02, 2022, 01:28:16 pm »
My parents are trying to get off of Estero Island, hope to get off on Monday.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #340 on: October 02, 2022, 01:33:02 pm »
Are you ok in Florida?
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #341 on: October 02, 2022, 03:54:31 pm »
My parents are trying to get off of Estero Island, hope to get off on Monday.

I'm glad they got word out to you, and a some  :0001: :0001: won't hurt either.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #342 on: October 02, 2022, 04:38:33 pm »
I haven't heard anything from my father in Venice, FL (Sarasota County).  I'm hoping he went north and stayed with his brother in Crystal River.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #343 on: October 02, 2022, 05:04:54 pm »
I'm glad they got word out to you, and a some  :0001: :0001: won't hurt either.

Ty

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #344 on: October 02, 2022, 10:01:51 pm »
Are you ok in Florida?
  *****rollingeyes*****

For those who are unfamiliar, this photograph has been shared on social media claiming to be the aftermath of every hurricane and flood for the past 10 years.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #345 on: October 03, 2022, 12:21:46 pm »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #346 on: October 03, 2022, 01:32:17 pm »
 October 3, 2022 6:00am EDT
DeSantis pushes back on CNN reporter's question about late Lee County evacuation order: 'Where were you?'
DeSantis tells Nadia Romero media was stationed in Tampa before Hurricane Ian's track shifted south
By Lindsay Kornick | Fox News

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis criticized CNN after being questioned on Lee County not having a mandatory evacuation for Hurricane Ian until the day before the storm hit.

CNN correspondent Nadia Romero spoke with the Republican governor on Sunday in Acadia, near some of the most affected areas in southwest Florida. Since Hurricane Ian made landfall in the state on Wednesday, media reports have criticized Lee County’s decision to not issue a mandatory evacuation order until Tuesday.

Romero took this question to DeSantis directly asking, "Why do you stand behind Lee County’s decision to not have that mandatory evacuation until the day before the storm?"

"Well, where was your industry stationed when the storm hit?" DeSantis replied. "Were you guys in Lee County? No, you were in Tampa."

DeSantis explained that many reports days prior to the storm did not show Lee County, which includes Cape Coral, Fort Myers and Sanibel Island, within the range of Hurricane Ian, leading many citizens to make their own decisions up to 48 hours before landfall. However, he reiterated that more attention was given to Tampa, likely leading people to hesitate on evacuating.

"But I think part of it was, so much attention was paid to Tampa, a lot of them thought they wouldn’t get the worst of it but they did, and I think it is easy to second-guess them. But they were ready for it the whole time and made that call when [it] was justifiable to do so," DeSantis said.

Romero continued to remark that neighboring counties to Lee County issued mandatory evacuation orders earlier.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/desantis-points-media-tampa-questioned-cnn-lee-countys-late-evacuation-order
Support the USO

Offline Texas Robin

• Breathe...then go forward
« Reply #347 on: October 03, 2022, 01:39:55 pm »
Everything has an expiration date, so make the most of it

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #348 on: October 03, 2022, 02:08:54 pm »
  *****rollingeyes*****

For those who are unfamiliar, this photograph has been shared on social media claiming to be the aftermath of every hurricane and flood for the past 10 years.

It has been a funny pic for 10 years, and it is still funny today.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 04:16:15 pm by 240B »

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #349 on: October 03, 2022, 03:30:02 pm »
The dems are going to claim not enough notice was given to people east of landfall.  Basically they want DeSantis to pick a fight with local officials during a rescue/recovery effort.  If there is a scandal, it is that the European model outperformed our government model, as it normally does.  One would expect our government to have the best grasp of atmospheric conditions on this side of the planet.