Author Topic: Hurricane Ian Thread  (Read 23725 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Hurricane Ian Thread
« Reply #275 on: September 30, 2022, 01:56:07 pm »
IIRC, it was "AGNES" that was the 'Big One' during my lifetime.

To see the muddy water levels on the buildings/lamp posts along the Susquehanna River in Pennsylvania near Harrisburg...just unbelievable, the power of water.

If another storm like Carla ever takes the same path that one did some insurance companies will be going bankrupt.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #276 on: September 30, 2022, 02:12:05 pm »
One thing I haven't heard mentioned anywhere...

The chances of Florida remaining a "Red State" have been greatly compromised, with the destruction from IAN.

Too many homes/residences are wiped clean, with just a slab under a foot of mud/sand...no infrastructure, etc..

Mail-in ballots equals fraudulent votes.

Florida allows in-person voting and mail-in absentee voting by request, only @DCPatriot   @mystery-ak

« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 02:15:19 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #277 on: September 30, 2022, 02:48:10 pm »
*****rollingeyes*****

Snap Study: ‘Climate Change’ Added 10% to Ian’s Rainfall

“Climate change”  boosted rainfall attributed to Hurricane Ian by at least 10 percent,  a small study based on computer modelling and laboratory scenarios claims.
Simon Kent30 Sep 2022, 3:51 AM PDT

more
https://www.breitbart.com/environment/2022/09/30/snap-study-climate-change-added-10-to-ians-rainfall/

Follow the science they say even if it is a lie. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #278 on: September 30, 2022, 02:54:59 pm »
One thing I haven't heard mentioned anywhere...

The chances of Florida remaining a "Red State" have been greatly compromised, with the destruction from IAN.

Too many homes/residences are wiped clean, with just a slab under a foot of mud/sand...no infrastructure, etc..

Mail-in ballots equals fraudulent votes.

I'm skeptical it makes a difference.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #279 on: September 30, 2022, 04:34:45 pm »
IIRC, it was "AGNES" that was the 'Big One' during my lifetime.

To see the muddy water levels on the buildings/lamp posts along the Susquehanna River in Pennsylvania near Harrisburg...just unbelievable, the power of water.

Sandy would have been the worst, but Irene had such bad wind it blew in water into my apartment and flooded out the kitchen.

My poor kitty’s food bowls looked like life rafts floating in the water. She was not amused
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #280 on: September 30, 2022, 04:54:25 pm »
Florida allows in-person voting and mail-in absentee voting by request, only @DCPatriot   @mystery-ak

@Right_in_Virginia

Thanks for that information!   

Of course, we realize that somebody who has lost their home...mementos and only have the clothes on their back,
their cash and their credit cards...they're certainly NOT thinking of the November election.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #281 on: September 30, 2022, 05:06:00 pm »
A new threat exists in the flood waters of hurricane Ian
An often overlooked hazard in Southern Coastal flooding (Louisiana/Florida), is what comes ashore along with the water. There are a lot of nasty snakes, snapping turtles, and other critters which wind up in your living room.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 05:22:45 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #282 on: September 30, 2022, 05:13:45 pm »

Online rustynail

« Reply #283 on: September 30, 2022, 05:30:57 pm »
It really pulls the room together.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #284 on: September 30, 2022, 06:12:03 pm »
It really pulls the room together.
I've heard of a bearskin rug, but alligator? Ewww.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #285 on: September 30, 2022, 06:13:04 pm »
Boots and belts and some gator tail gumbo!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #286 on: September 30, 2022, 07:16:16 pm »
Boots and belts and some gator tail gumbo!

Never had gator gumbo but I’ve had Gatorade!  22222frying pan ****slapping :silly:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #287 on: September 30, 2022, 07:27:31 pm »
September 30, 2022 1:18pm EDT
Sanibel, Florida mayor says town decimated by Hurricane Ian: 'The perfect storm we hoped we'd never see'
Mayor Holly Smith said it will be long-term recovery effort as area is cut off from mainland due to damaged causeway
By Amy Nelson | Fox News

Sanibel, Florida Mayor Holly Smith said Hurricane Ian turned into the perfect storm she hoped she would never see in her lifetime. Now, her community is trying to recover from the unprecedented situation without direct access to mainland Florida.

Hurricane Ian collapsed part of the Sanibel Causeway, which connects the island to the mainland.

"We’re cut off," she said by phone on "America’s Newsroom" Friday.

Smith told Bill Hemmer and Dana Perino that the biggest priority is search and rescue. She said first responders started doing wellness checks early Thursday morning after the worst of the storm passed. 

"We did everything that we could to prepare. Everything we could to get the word out to please evacuate," she said.

She said an estimated 200 households remained on Sanibel Island during Hurricane Ian, but that number is growing as officials hear from more people who need assistance.

"We don’t know the number of people and pets that were in those residences. We’re getting that information as it comes through," she said.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/sanibel-mayor-speaks-hurricane-ian-decimates-florida-perfect-storm-hoped-never-see
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #289 on: September 30, 2022, 07:38:38 pm »
We're supposed to go to Sea Island, GA, in three weeks, so I'm trying to find out whether it was greatly affected.

Offline corbe

« Reply #290 on: September 30, 2022, 07:43:23 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #291 on: September 30, 2022, 08:00:48 pm »
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #292 on: September 30, 2022, 08:13:55 pm »
I think I was about 4, but remember be carried by parents though standing water and wind.  (Carla).  Too young at the time, to really understand though.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #293 on: September 30, 2022, 08:15:46 pm »
A new threat exists in the flood waters of hurricane Ian
An often overlooked hazard in Southern Coastal flooding (Louisiana/Florida), is what comes ashore along with the water. There are a lot of nasty snakes, snapping turtles, and other critters which wind up in your living room.

Honestly, and going through this so many times, the biggest critter hazard and hassle are fire ants.  Everyone's legs and ankles look like measles after doing outside hurricane cleanup.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline corbe

« Reply #294 on: September 30, 2022, 08:38:24 pm »
Honestly, and going through this so many times, the biggest critter hazard and hassle are fire ants.  Everyone's legs and ankles look like measles after doing outside hurricane cleanup.

I witnessed that firsthand @catfish1957 got caught downstream of a Landscape business in Hobby Airport area Alicia/ 83.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #295 on: September 30, 2022, 09:25:07 pm »
*****rollingeyes*****

Snap Study: ‘Climate Change’ Added 10% to Ian’s Rainfall

“Climate change”  boosted rainfall attributed to Hurricane Ian by at least 10 percent,  a small study based on computer modelling and laboratory scenarios claims.
Simon Kent30 Sep 2022, 3:51 AM PDT

more
https://www.breitbart.com/environment/2022/09/30/snap-study-climate-change-added-10-to-ians-rainfall/

:mauslaff:

Online rustynail

« Reply #296 on: September 30, 2022, 09:58:02 pm »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #297 on: September 30, 2022, 10:12:25 pm »
Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray
Poor white families in Florida which had their houses flooded will not be getting any federal funds.
5:37 PM · Sep 30, 2022

Apparently. Thankfully, the hurricane didn't affect any white people, on account of their privilege.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #298 on: September 30, 2022, 10:16:34 pm »
People are looking to Waffle House as Hurricane Ian makes landfall again—here’s why

As Hurricane Ian barrels into South Carolina after leaving behind a trail of destruction in Florida, people are keeping a close eye on something that might surprise you: Waffle House.

The well-known restaurant chain currently has 10 locations closed in the hardest hit areas of Florida, a number that will “fluctuate rapidly” as staff works to re-open and aid community members, Waffle House spokesperson Njeri Boss tells CNBC Make It.

Such closures are incredibly rare for the Norcross, Georgia-based chain, which has roughly 2,000 locations spread mostly across the southeast U.S. And they mean more than just a community being waffle-less: A local Waffle House’s status actually serves as unofficial shorthand for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to track the severity of a weather disaster, and how much damage it’s done to an area.

It’s known as the “Waffle House Index,” created by former FEMA administrator Craig Fugate after he and his colleagues discovered the last places that stayed open during Hurricane Charley in 2004 were Waffle House locations.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/30/fema-waffle-house-index-hurricane-ian-makes-landfall-again.html

🧇🧇🧇

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #299 on: September 30, 2022, 10:17:50 pm »
/twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/1575945239872737282

Did she actually admit that dispersion of government disaster relief money will be based on race?

Can this bitch be administered a congressional censure?