Author Topic: Hurricane Ian Thread  (Read 23731 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Hurricane Ian Thread
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2022, 08:56:24 am »

Hurricane Ian makes landfall in western Cuba as a Category 3 storm, threatening a path of destruction as it churns toward Florida

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/27/weather/hurricane-ian-cuba-florida-tuesday/index.html
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2022, 12:53:13 pm »
125 mph at 4am advisory, and bearing down on Western Cuba.  Winds according to forecast are to peak at 135 mph tomorrow, and then start deminishing tomrrow, but gradual enough, that when FL sees it, it will still be a strong Cat 2 or weak Cat 3. 

This slightly better news is the fact now that there is a pretty strong cold front diving southward into the gulf late Wednesday.  That interaction will help the storm have to share convection and energy with low in the front. One other bit of good news, is that Ian has lost its beautiful classical symetrical form, and the storm is significantly more convection laden on the east side.  Looks like a fairly dry wedge of air is getting pulled into Ian at about 86W.  This is good news too, and should help further development.

Still though, a lot can change in the next 72-96 hours, and everyone north of 26N in Florida should rush to complete preparing, and evacuation if in cone and directed, and keep an eye on this if they aren't.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2022, 01:17:45 pm »
Maybe some prayers were answered?

Latest track and trend for Ian at 8 am has shifted northward about 30 or 40 miles.  TB is definitely still not out of the woods, and is still in the cone, but the overall track is now again about 40 miles north of the bay itself.  Why?  As intense as this storm is, it's hurricane force wind sphere is relatively small for monsters like this.  Right now, that wind field (75 mph) is about 30 miles from center.

Has Tampa Bay dodged a bullet?  We don't know realliy yet, but their prospects are a hell of a lot better than they were 8 hours ago, based on NHC progs.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2022, 02:12:29 pm »
City of Tampa
@CityofTampa
⚠️ EVACUATION ZONES ⚠️
Save this printable evacuation zones map for a quick reference.
To look up your address and find your evacuation zone/route, visit @Hillboroughfl's website at: https://bit.ly/3cb85AX
Please note: the website is experiencing high traffic. Please be patient.

11:47 AM · Sep 26, 2022

Christina Pushaw 🐊 🇺🇸
@ChristinaPushaw
#TAMPA EVACUATION ZONES 🌀#HurricaneIan
‼️ If you cannot read the markings on the picture of the map and aren’t sure if you’re in an Evacuation Zone, visit Hillsborough County’s site at http://bit.ly/3cb85AX or http://FloridaDisaster.org/Know (which has zones for the entire state).
8:38 AM · Sep 27, 2022

Christina Pushaw 🐊 🇺🇸
@ChristinaPushaw
#HILLSBOROUGH #TAMPA Zones A & B are under evacuation notices for #HurricaneIan.
‼️Residents of mobile & manufactured homes in all zones should evacuate.
Shelter info for Hillsborough County: http://HCFLGov.net/StaySafe
For all counties follow @FLSERT
 & your local emergency Dept.
8:45 AM · Sep 27, 2022

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2022, 03:47:01 pm »
Who knew AOC was on top of this back in 2019?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2022, 04:03:09 pm »
Thinking about you @libertybele ... Hope you're out of the way of it.

Probably not though... I have visions of boarding things up and being too busy to post...
 :0001: :seeya:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2022, 04:14:27 pm »
Who knew AOC was on top of this back in 2019?

I believe she is that stupid, but 2K 'likes' ?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2022, 04:57:14 pm »

It's fake, but accurate.   :laugh:
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 05:16:47 pm by Polly Ticks »
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2022, 05:08:50 pm »
If power is out for a week, how will first responders and civilians recharge their vehicles?

Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2022, 05:25:12 pm »
Hurricane IAN, LIVE, HITS KEY WEST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIrhyAa2xTE

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2022, 05:36:16 pm »
Charlie Spiering
@charliespiering
·
1m
Joe Biden says he called mayors of St. Petersburg, Tampa, and Clearwater:

"I told each one of them, whatever they need contact me directly."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2022, 05:42:36 pm »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline libertybele

« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2022, 06:55:42 pm »
Thinking about you @libertybele ... Hope you're out of the way of it.

Probably not though... I have visions of boarding things up and being too busy to post...
 :0001: :seeya:

Hey @roamer_1  - just checking in.  We had reservations twice out of here then cancelled as they predicted north FL first, then Tampa, now they are predicting a Cat 4 to be right on top of us with a high storm surge.  So praying.  Our neighbor next to us (I finally met him) is staying and our neighbors next to them are also staying. They had mandatory evacuations but we were not included in that evacuation but we are still vulnerable.  Lots of FL is vulnerable.

We have all the windows shuttered with hurricane code compliant shutters, garage is hurricane compliant and stained glass front door is supposed to be hurricane resistant so, we'll soon find out.  Home is 5 years old and hopefully was built to current hurricane codes.

So.... bracing for impact and praying.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2022, 07:00:02 pm »

Electric cars??? Good luck trying to get out of FL with traffic backed up with parking lot like conditions.  People have died on the Eway trying to leave the state in the past because they ran out of gas. 

DeSantis though has addressed the state of FL several times and first responders, and the national guard are already gearing up.  I believe the governor will handle things well.  It doesn't sound like he's relying on FEMA, which is a good thing.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2022, 07:01:57 pm »
Maybe some prayers were answered?

Latest track and trend for Ian at 8 am has shifted northward about 30 or 40 miles.  TB is definitely still not out of the woods, and is still in the cone, but the overall track is now again about 40 miles north of the bay itself.  Why?  As intense as this storm is, it's hurricane force wind sphere is relatively small for monsters like this.  Right now, that wind field (75 mph) is about 30 miles from center.

Has Tampa Bay dodged a bullet?  We don't know realliy yet, but their prospects are a hell of a lot better than they were 8 hours ago, based on NHC progs.

Yes, TB has dodged a bullet -- they will see minimal storm surge and maybe a Cat 1

I am much further south and I am bracing for impact @catfish1957

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2022, 07:06:39 pm »
Hey @roamer_1  - just checking in.  We had reservations twice out of here then cancelled as they predicted north FL first, then Tampa, now they are predicting a Cat 4 to be right on top of us with a high storm surge.  So praying.  Our neighbor next to us (I finally met him) is staying and our neighbors next to them are also staying. They had mandatory evacuations but we were not included in that evacuation but we are still vulnerable.  Lots of FL is vulnerable.

We have all the windows shuttered with hurricane code compliant shutters, garage is hurricane compliant and stained glass front door is supposed to be hurricane resistant so, we'll soon find out.  Home is 5 years old and hopefully was built to current hurricane codes.

We will all be praying for you...do you have a generator?
Support the USO

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2022, 07:06:57 pm »

Praying too, @libertybele ... And we're all pulling for ya, no doubt...
I know you probably won't keep power and cell, and have plenty of other things to think about... But when it's done, and when you get the chance, check in... so some of us can un-pucker.
 happy77 :beer:

Offline berdie

« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2022, 07:27:20 pm »
Yes, TB has dodged a bullet -- they will see minimal storm surge and maybe a Cat 1

I am much further south and I am bracing for impact @catfish1957

Stay safe. Prayers up for you and all in the path.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2022, 07:32:05 pm »
We will all be praying for you...do you have a generator?

Yes, we have a generator that I believe will run the air and the refrigerator -- we have a gas caddy filled with gas.

Believe me, I so so much appreciate the prayers.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #94 on: September 27, 2022, 07:35:09 pm »
Praying too, @libertybele ... And we're all pulling for ya, no doubt...
I know you probably won't keep power and cell, and have plenty of other things to think about... But when it's done, and when you get the chance, check in... so some of us can un-pucker.
 happy77 :beer:

I will touch base when I can -- we are supposed to see the worst tomorrow around noon until middle of Thursday.  We have a solar charged radio and cell phone charger.  The last hurricane took out a couple of cell towers, so who knows.

Thank you for prayers.  happy77 :beer:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2022, 07:35:43 pm »

Stay safe. Prayers up for you and all in the path.

Thank you so much.  happy77

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #96 on: September 27, 2022, 07:45:32 pm »
Thank you so much.  happy77

I'm praying for ya too, @libertybele!  I've been off here a bit, and I did not know you are still in the area of Naples.  Your rig sounds good! 

I PM'ed you my cell number.....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2022, 07:47:51 pm »

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2022, 07:48:47 pm »
Prayers @libertybele

You have my number if you need it

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2022, 07:58:36 pm »

Thanks for the update @libertybele Praying for all in harms way.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien