Author Topic: Hurricane Ian Thread  (Read 24608 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Hurricane Ian Thread
« Reply #375 on: October 06, 2022, 07:04:34 pm »
Recovery Victory in DeSantis’s Florida: Temporary Pine Island Bridge Operational

https://twitter.com/GovRonDeSantis/status/1577826075954085889

:whistle:

The Associated Press
@AP

Following Hurricane Ian's destruction, many residents on Florida's Pine Island have stayed put for days without electricity and other resources while hoping the lone bridge to the mainland is repaired.

1:24 PM · Oct 6, 2022  Twitter Media Studio

Video:  https://mobile.twitter.com/AP/status/1578073600665571329

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #376 on: October 06, 2022, 07:32:17 pm »
Holy cow, that's amazing.

Leaders lead, while POS like Pedophile Joe make false claims that the Guv has bought off on the climate scam.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #377 on: October 07, 2022, 04:55:20 am »
Leaders lead, while POS like Pedophile Joe make false claims that the Guv has bought off on the climate scam.
If the Gummint can stop climate change, why'd they let the hurricane hit Florida in the first place? :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online corbe

« Reply #378 on: October 08, 2022, 03:11:46 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #379 on: October 11, 2022, 10:28:17 pm »
"Absolutely amazing to see emergency vehicles full of resources crossing the newly repaired #Sanibel Causeway today. Kudos to
@GovRonDeSantis, @KevinGuthrieFL, and @FDOT_Secretaryand everyone involved in making this a reality just weeks after Hurricane" (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/JimmyPatronis/status/1579892936745291776

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #380 on: October 11, 2022, 10:47:11 pm »
"Absolutely amazing to see emergency vehicles full of resources crossing the newly repaired #Sanibel Causeway today. Kudos to
@GovRonDeSantis, @KevinGuthrieFL, and @FDOT_Secretaryand everyone involved in making this a reality just weeks after Hurricane" (Video)

My sister will be heading there in a couple of weeks...their caretaker managed to get on the island and check the house out. The new floors are ruined and that seems to be the extent of the damage so far in the house...now the garage was bad..their vehicles had water in their cup holders and all their new appliances that were being stored in the garage are ruined also. They have their work cut out for them when they get there...not as bad as a lot of people.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 10:48:55 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #381 on: October 12, 2022, 01:20:30 am »

1st Pine Island bride open in 3 days and Now the Causeway.   That wasn't supposed to be operational till the end of the month?    DeSantis will win by 20 points over Cuckie Crist.   QueTip Crist  had high hopes for this hurricane swamping DeSantis.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #382 on: October 12, 2022, 01:38:51 am »
Florida’s Rapid Recovery: Sanibel Causeway Damaged by Hurricane Ian to Reopen

The Sanibel Causeway, which was damaged by Hurricane Ian, will reopen to civilians this month and is already opened to emergency vehicles, Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) announced on Tuesday.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/10/11/floridas-rapid-recovery-sanibel-causeway-damaged-by-hurricane-ian-to-reopen/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline art.prout

« Reply #383 on: October 14, 2022, 09:57:57 am »
Thank you so much.  happy77

@libertybele

Hoping and praying that your recovery and "normalisation" efforts are going well.   As well as can be expected.  Please let us know how you and Mr. LB are faring.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #384 on: October 14, 2022, 10:36:39 am »
Please let us know how you and Mr. LB are farting.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Bet you didn't know you wrote that....
Because you didn't... But I read it!
I love my old eyes sometimes!  :silly: :beer:

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #385 on: October 14, 2022, 12:03:15 pm »

:rolling:

Offline art.prout

« Reply #386 on: October 23, 2022, 01:51:54 am »

:silly:

Online corbe

« Reply #387 on: October 23, 2022, 01:58:29 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #388 on: October 23, 2022, 02:12:47 am »
My sister will be heading there in a couple of weeks...their caretaker managed to get on the island and check the house out. The new floors are ruined and that seems to be the extent of the damage so far in the house...now the garage was bad..their vehicles had water in their cup holders and all their new appliances that were being stored in the garage are ruined also. They have their work cut out for them when they get there...not as bad as a lot of people.

@mystery-ak  I have been wondering and thought you had mentioned you had a sister who had a house on Sanibel.  My heart sinks for her as the flooding was pretty intense; prayers up.

It is absolutely amazing what DeSantis has accomplished.  I have to commend him for gathering a team before the storm.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #389 on: October 23, 2022, 02:14:07 am »

Good grief!!!  Only you @roamer_1   :rolling:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #390 on: October 23, 2022, 04:18:29 am »
Good grief!!!  Only you @roamer_1   :rolling:

You think that's bad, @libertybele , you should hear what people SAY in my presence... Or what I think they said... Or what I thought I heard them say.

My old ears are WAY more perverted than my old eyes. But I find it delightful. One of the true pleasures of growing older.

:laugh: :beer:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #391 on: October 23, 2022, 04:45:05 am »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #392 on: October 23, 2022, 02:03:28 pm »
You think that's bad, @libertybele , you should hear what people SAY in my presence... Or what I think they said... Or what I thought I heard them say.

My old ears are WAY more perverted than my old eyes. But I find it delightful. One of the true pleasures of growing older.

In my presence people generally say whatever I want them to say because I can't hear anything they actually say.  Especially so if it's anything other than a one on one conversation.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #393 on: October 23, 2022, 04:27:44 pm »

I fully understand; my ears are shot (too many rock concerts) and it is funny sometimes what I think I heard people say. :laugh:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #394 on: October 23, 2022, 04:37:18 pm »
In my presence people generally say whatever I want them to say because I can't hear anything they actually say.  Especially so if it's anything other than a one on one conversation.

I can almost hear em... Even mostly hear em... Women a little harder... Too many years around machinery and guns, so high pitches are harder. But that's why it is so funny. I am not using my imagination. It's my brain processing input as best it can - Sometimes a bit inaccurately.

I swear, my mother and I were talking one time about one of her friends in an amicable fashion...

She stops and looks at me and my sainted mother plainly said:

"She sh*ts moon rocks."

ROTFLMAO!!! Now... I know dang well that ain't what she said. I still don't know what she really said. Because that was so dang funny I started misfiring and nearly stalled out.

But that's what I heard.  :laugh:

I am telling ya - it's no end of entertainment!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #395 on: October 23, 2022, 04:38:42 pm »
I fully understand; my ears are shot (too many rock concerts) and it is funny sometimes what I think I heard people say. :laugh:

happy77 :beer:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #396 on: October 23, 2022, 04:51:01 pm »
I can almost hear em... Even mostly hear em... Women a little harder... Too many years around machinery and guns, so high pitches are harder. But that's why it is so funny. I am not using my imagination. It's my brain processing input as best it can - Sometimes a bit inaccurately.

I swear, my mother and I were talking one time about one of her friends in an amicable fashion...

She stops and looks at me and my sainted mother plainly said:

"She sh*ts moon rocks."

ROTFLMAO!!! Now... I know dang well that ain't what she said. I still don't know what she really said. Because that was so dang funny I started misfiring and nearly stalled out.

But that's what I heard.  :laugh:

I am telling ya - it's no end of entertainment!

It often irritates my wife for me to repeat what I THINK she said back to her. Generally, just before she starts ROFLHAO!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #397 on: October 23, 2022, 04:53:02 pm »
It often irritates my wife for me to repeat what I THINK she said back to her. Generally, just before she starts ROFLHAO!

Online corbe

« Reply #398 on: October 23, 2022, 04:54:21 pm »
   I seem to have graduated to the 'I don't even listen anymore'.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #399 on: October 23, 2022, 07:23:00 pm »
We don't live far from this area and have walked the beach many, many times and some of our favorite restaurants are out on the island.  I haven't ventured out to that area to take a look.  I'll wait several more months.  I am happy that the lighthouse is still standing though.  The destruction in the area is a lot to take in.  8888crybaby   Prayers up for all that are recovering from loss or who have lost loved ones. 

Sanibel and Captiva islands continue recovering from Ian

Weeks after Hurricane Ian, people are still in shock over the enormous damage on Sanibel and Captiva islands.

Some of the most beloved, classic, and treasured spots, like the lighthouse, took the brunt of Ian’s force.

Mark Delagado is one of the people that is lending a helping hand to the area and assisting in the cleanup.

“Thank goodness, the lighthouse stood, so that was durable. But everything in that whole area seems to be totally destroyed,” Delgado said.

The former red hue emitted from the lighthouse that so many loved has shifted to look rustier. The buildings that once stood strong alongside the lighthouse lay in ruins.

But the posts that held up the lighthouse withstood the massive force of nature and resolutely stood their ground.

WINK News asked Delgado the difference between how the area looked before and how it looked on Friday.

“It’s night and day. You know you had picturesque buildings and scenery and vegetation. Now it’s just desolate. It looks like a bomb went off,” Delgado said................

https://www.winknews.com/2022/10/21/sanibel-and-captiva-islands-continue-recovering-from-ian/