Author Topic: Hurricane Ian Thread  (Read 24239 times)

Online mountaineer

Re: Hurricane Ian Thread
« Reply #300 on: September 30, 2022, 10:31:03 pm »
Sep 30, 2022
Florida looters arrested after scouring Fort Myers for valuables in Hurricane Ian aftermath
Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno said, "For any of those individuals that think they are going to go out there and loot or prey on people during this horrific event — you better think twice. When I say zero tolerance, zero tolerance means we will hunt you down, track you down, and you’re going to jail. If you’re lucky."
Joshua Young
Post-Millennial

In the wake of Hurricane Ian's devastation in Florida, looters have been arrested in Fort Myers after they went scouring for goods on Thursday. 

The New York Post reports that local Florida police apprehended the looters....
Gage Goulding - NBC2
@GageGoulding
Sheriff’s deputies told me Thursday afternoon these people were arrested for looting on Fort Myers Beach.

11:02 AM · Sep 30, 2022
 from Fort Myers Beach, FL

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rustynail

« Reply #301 on: September 30, 2022, 10:52:38 pm »
Did she actually admit that dispersion of government disaster relief money will be based on race?

Can this bitch be administered a congressional censure?
Hard to believe.  Hope there is serious blowback.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #302 on: September 30, 2022, 11:14:30 pm »
Hard to believe.  Hope there is serious blowback.

This is the same imbecile who says we have a strong alliance with North Korea just the other day. 

Besides a waist-high flame...you know what REALLY burns my @ss?

The fact that Barack Obama and his gang are literally laughing in tears...seeing their strategy play out.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #303 on: September 30, 2022, 11:17:46 pm »
She is trying to say that Blacks were hurt more by the hurricane than Whites. Therefore Blacks deserve priority and more money than Whites. Somebody needs to scream in her face with a bullhorn, YOU ARE NOT BLACK! YOU ARE A HINDU INDIAN!!

Kamala grew up with more "White Privilege" and incarcerated more Black people than 95% of White people in America.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #304 on: September 30, 2022, 11:27:59 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

« Reply #305 on: September 30, 2022, 11:55:08 pm »

https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/1575945239872737282
I can't believe she actually said that.  If you are white you are screwed....unreal.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #306 on: October 01, 2022, 12:10:05 am »
"Equity" is a euphemism for 21st century communism.  The real estate closest to sea level in SW Florida is typically middle class to wealthy, and overwhelmingly white.  It doesn't matter --- they were wiped out --- and they need the lion's share of any public funds devoted to relief. 

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #307 on: October 01, 2022, 12:13:44 am »
Ian has brought howling winds, torrential rain, and power outages to central NC this evening.  This round of land interaction is the death blow to Ian ... and good riddance to this POS. 

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #308 on: October 01, 2022, 12:36:08 am »
I can't believe she actually said that.  If you are white you are screwed....unreal.

Doesn't that make you feel unified?

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #309 on: October 01, 2022, 12:36:15 am »
"WATCH THIS:   A man was buried under #HurricaneIan rubble at Fort Myers Beach. People pulled him out of the debris near The Whale restaurant on FMB.  He's alive. I'm amazed.' (Video)

https://twitter.com/ABC7Jeff/status/1575677595802165249

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #310 on: October 01, 2022, 12:43:36 am »

Christina Pushaw 🐊
@ChristinaPushaw
·37m

This is false.  @VP’s rhetoric is causing undue panic and must be clarified. FEMA Individual Assistance is already available to all Floridians impacted by Hurricane Ian, regardless of race or background. If you need assistance visit http://disasterassistance.gov or call 1-800-621-3362.

End Wokeness
@EndWokeness
·2h

Kamala on Hurricane Ian relief:

The Biden administration will focus on “giving resources based on equity” by directing funds to “communities of color”

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #311 on: October 01, 2022, 01:04:13 am »
IIRC, it was "AGNES" that was the 'Big One' during my lifetime.

Yep.  Remember it well.  Bad flooding in the Shenandoah Valley.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #312 on: October 01, 2022, 01:07:04 am »
Once a cock sucker always a cock sucker.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #313 on: October 01, 2022, 01:11:47 am »
 September 30, 2022 7:13pm EDT
Florida Gov. DeSantis warns those taking advantage of hurricane victims: 'We are a law and order state'
A Florida sheriff said that there will be 'swift incarceration immediately with no tolerance'

By Adam Sabes | Fox News

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis issued a stern warning to those trying to take advantage of the victims of Hurricane Ian.

DeSantis made the comments Friday during a news conference in Fort Myers, Florida. He said that while visiting nearby Punta Gorda, he saw a boarded-up business with a sign that read, "You loot, we shoot."

"We are a law and order state, and this is a law and order community," DeSantis said. "So do not think that you're going to take advantage of people who've suffered misery."

"Don't even think about looting," he said during another press conference later in the day.

DeSantis added that people looking to "ransack people's homes" should beware: Florida is a Second Amendment state.

"I can tell you in the state of Florida, you never know what may be lurking behind somebody's home," he said. "And I would not want to chance that if I were you — given that we're a Second Amendment state."

Ian made landfall in Florida on Wednesday, and nearly 2 million people remained without power as of Friday afternoon.

The hurricane made landfall as a powerful Category 4 storm, with maximum sustained winds reaching 155 mph.

Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno also said that he "will not tolerate" anyone trying to take advantage of people suffering as a result of the storm's damage.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-gov-desantis-warns-those-taking-advantage-hurricane-victims-law-order-state

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #314 on: October 01, 2022, 01:48:20 am »
Hurricanes are 'racist', and target "people of color" much more than White people! - Kamala Harris
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #315 on: October 01, 2022, 02:15:59 am »
Florida is a we will shoot you dead state.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #316 on: October 01, 2022, 02:31:49 am »
Florida is a we will shoot you dead state.

Sure looks like just a bunch of bored stupid kids...one a girl.

Would be very difficult in this day and age in America to see them lined up against a wall and summarily executed.

Difficult, but probably necessary.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 02:33:15 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #317 on: October 01, 2022, 06:40:31 am »
IIRC, it was "AGNES" that was the 'Big One' during my lifetime.

To see the muddy water levels on the buildings/lamp posts along the Susquehanna River in Pennsylvania near Harrisburg...just unbelievable, the power of water.
I recall Agnes, from the perspective of one who lived in the So. MD tidewater. We were fine about 20' ASL, but I remember hauling a 14' Jon boat up the hill, inverted, holding on to the handles on the stern and the wind supported the boat. All I had to do was keep it level and walk, then dump the wind when I got where I wanted to put it.

Low lying areas were flooded out by the storm surge, and a guy I worked for (marine construction) later built a house in one of those areas, but the house was up on pilings to add about 15' ASL to the bottom of the joists, and the pilings were enclosed with plywood intended to break away should there be another storm. In good weather, that was the garage.
When a hurricane came, the vehicles were moved to higher ground and the storm would pound the panels loose, but the house rode it out with no problems.

A word about fire apparatus, too, since so many have commented on the pics of engines in about two feet of water: those, at least for rural departments in tidewater areas, are designed to still go just fine in up to 4 ft., depending on what the company called for when they ordered the engine built.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #318 on: October 01, 2022, 12:25:38 pm »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #319 on: October 01, 2022, 12:50:54 pm »

Documented Cat 5 hits of the Continental United States-

1.  1935 Labor Day Hurricane in Florida
2.  1969- Camille in Mississippi and Louisiana
3.  1992- Andrew in Florida

Hits since 1992-  ZERO

If our utterly idiotic MSM wants to spread their false Climate Change narratives, they need to stop with the Hurricane examples.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #321 on: October 01, 2022, 01:09:54 pm »
The Sarasota County Sheriff's Office said that an Everbridge notification had been issued before 3 a.m. EDT indicating a possible levee break in the Hidden River community.

"The notification was issued countywide, which means all residents throughout Sarasota County who are registered with Everbridge likely received a warning," it said.

The leveee compromise appears to only impact homes on the east side of the community.

The compromise should not impact any other areas in Sarasota County, including Venice or North Port.

The office said it was working with county fire personnel to go door-to-door and advise residents of potential flooding.

"Residents are encouraged to consider evacuation," it added.
Posted by Julia Musto
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #322 on: October 01, 2022, 01:10:32 pm »
Support the USO

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #323 on: October 01, 2022, 01:26:02 pm »
Florida personnel going door to door warning of possible levee break

he Sarasota County Sheriff's Office said that an Everbridge notification had been issued before 3 a.m. EDT indicating a possible levee break in the Hidden River community.

"The notification was issued countywide, which means all residents throughout Sarasota County who are registered with Everbridge likely received a warning," it said.

"Possible levee break in area of Hidden River/Myakka Valley with the potential of 15 feet of flood water...," the notification system warnings said, "...residents are urged to shelter in place if it is safe to do so as exit routes and roadways maybe impassable."

The leveee compromise appears to only impact homes on the east side of the community.

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/hurricane-ian-tracker-news-path-weather-10-01-2022
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #324 on: October 01, 2022, 03:53:57 pm »
Hurricane Ian death toll in Lee County, Florida hits 35, sheriff says

Dozens of people have been reported dead in the wake of now-Post-Tropical Cyclone Ian.

Search and rescue operations in Florida continued amid the wreckage, while South Carolina began to assess damage.

Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno announced in a Facebook video on Saturday that there were 35 fatalities in his county.

"It's with a heavy heart that I say that number," he said.

The Associated Press had previously reported that at least 30 people had been confirmed dead due to the storm, including 27 people in Florida.

Three others were killed when Ian hit Cuba, knocking out power for the entire island.

While most of those deaths were from drowning, others were reported from the storm’s tragic aftereffects.

Authorities warned that the death toll would likely rise much higher.

Hurricane Ian has likely caused “well over $100 billion” in damage, including $63 billion in privately insured losses, according to the disaster modeling firm Karen Clark & Co.

If those numbers are borne out, that would make Ian at least the fourth costliest hurricane in America's history.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Posted by Julia Musto
Support the USO