Author Topic: Hurricane Ian Thread  (Read 24854 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Hurricane Ian Thread
« Reply #150 on: September 28, 2022, 04:45:53 pm »
Haunting Video From Tampa Shows Ocean Disappearing

Kay Smythe
News and Commentary Writer
September 28, 2022 9:53 AM ET

A Twitter video shared Wednesday appears to show the ocean in Tampa disappearing as Hurricane Ian is set to make landfall.

What was once described as a “once in a lifetime tidal event” by NBC News in 2017 during the onset of Hurricane Irma has reportedly occurred again: the ocean along Florida’s coastline is receding rapidly out to sea as Hurricane Ian draws ever closer, as seen in a video shared on Twitter.

Hurricane Irma was the most powerful Atlantic hurricane on record, but the standard set by the enormous 2017 storm may be broken on Wednesday as Hurricane Ian gains strength approaching a Category 5 weather event. During the 2017 storm, meteorologists warned local residents playing on the tidal flats, typically feet under water, that the ocean would return as the eye of Hurricane Irma passed over Florida, according to NBC.

https://twitter.com/JordanSteele/status/1575103067946565633

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/09/28/tampa-video-ocean-disappearing-hurricane-ian/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2022, 04:47:22 pm »
Looks to me like near stall then more easternly turn now... I know this cold mass in Alabama (to me anyhoo) would suggest it will not make it as far north as some predictions. Just my gut feeling.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2022, 04:59:15 pm »
Naples has unprecedented surge, likely inundating the bottom floor of the most expensive properties.  Marco Island is bound to be in the same position.  Cape Coral is a town of 190,000 built on a network of canals.  I don’t know where insured losses will rate in comparison to Harvey, but it will be the all time worst for Florida. 

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #153 on: September 28, 2022, 05:06:28 pm »
Looks to me like near stall then more easternly turn now... I know this cold mass in Alabama (to me anyhoo) would suggest it will not make it as far north as some predictions. Just my gut feeling.

Yep.  We have some very cool northern air that the wind is blowin to the south east.  Winds up here are 17-20 MPH with gusts in the 30's. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #154 on: September 28, 2022, 05:37:15 pm »
I have been trying to explain to my Midwestern friends and relatives I will be okay.  These people know tornadoes but are clueless on how a cane works. 

Chill and save your prayers for the people who need them. There's nothing to worry about.
When it comes to hurricanes below the Midwestern plains of America... As long as you're to the West of the eye, you just don't get the big damage that develops to the East of the eye.
Hurricanes pull an enormous amount of air from very, very far away. All the air pressure from the Northwest, gets sucked "down" towards it and then continues to move down in the the Southeastern direction, after it hits the eye.
Time after time, hurricane after hurricane, for decades... The immediate left of the eye is practically a "safe zone". When hurricane Michael hit Mexico Beach/Panama City a couple of years ago, all we got was rain and some blown around garbage cans. But Panama City, which is roughly an hour away, got demolished.
Only if a hurricane eye of a Cat 4 + directly hits the Destin area (where we are), or even worse, hits Pensacola (an hour to the West of us), would even consider evacuating.

Right now, the skies are a beautiful dark blue with no clouds in sight. It's as dry as a bone. Normally the sky is light blue, due to the humidity. But because the hurricane is sucking ALL the moisture into it, all we have is a pleasant 70° breeze, crystal clear skies and fresh, dry air from the North.
We'll be fine.
Tampa and Orlando are f*cked, though.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #155 on: September 28, 2022, 06:08:21 pm »
Sanibel is getting hit hard..I hope my sister's house can withstand it....she is/was in the process of getting her kitchen remolded....she was laughing about it yesterday...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #156 on: September 28, 2022, 06:41:02 pm »
Sanibel is getting hit hard..I hope my sister's house can withstand it....she is/was in the process of getting her kitchen remolded....she was laughing about it yesterday...

She'll have plenty of mold after this is over.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #157 on: September 28, 2022, 07:37:00 pm »
Short term sat loops show eye collapsing (or reforming) near Arcadia.  That is some good news that storm will rapidly weakening. 

Still those folks in the immediate area of landfall were hammered.  I expect to see extreme devastation when the first film becomes available.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #158 on: September 28, 2022, 07:48:39 pm »
She'll have plenty of mold after this is over.

LOL....remodeled...didn't even notice the misspelling
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #159 on: September 28, 2022, 07:55:49 pm »
Hurricane Ian floodwaters reach Fort Meyers as storm makes landfall in Southwest Florida

A home in Fort Myers is flooded as Hurricane Ian sweeps through Florida.

A look at floodwaters reaching the roof of a home in Fort Meyers, where mandatory evacuation orders are underway amid Hurricane Ian making landfall in Southwest Florida.
Posted by Bradford Betz
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #160 on: September 28, 2022, 07:59:09 pm »
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #161 on: September 28, 2022, 08:00:20 pm »
Why isn't Fox showing all this..instead we get reporters standing in the middle of the street fighting the wind...pitiful coverage..
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #162 on: September 28, 2022, 08:01:01 pm »
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #163 on: September 28, 2022, 08:03:48 pm »
Support the USO

Online berdie

« Reply #164 on: September 28, 2022, 08:18:45 pm »
Haunting Video From Tampa Shows Ocean Disappearing

Kay Smythe
News and Commentary Writer
September 28, 2022 9:53 AM ET

A Twitter video shared Wednesday appears to show the ocean in Tampa disappearing as Hurricane Ian is set to make landfall.

What was once described as a “once in a lifetime tidal event” by NBC News in 2017 during the onset of Hurricane Irma has reportedly occurred again: the ocean along Florida’s coastline is receding rapidly out to sea as Hurricane Ian draws ever closer, as seen in a video shared on Twitter.

Hurricane Irma was the most powerful Atlantic hurricane on record, but the standard set by the enormous 2017 storm may be broken on Wednesday as Hurricane Ian gains strength approaching a Category 5 weather event. During the 2017 storm, meteorologists warned local residents playing on the tidal flats, typically feet under water, that the ocean would return as the eye of Hurricane Irma passed over Florida, according to NBC.

https://twitter.com/JordanSteele/status/1575103067946565633

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/09/28/tampa-video-ocean-disappearing-hurricane-ian/

Isn't that what typically happens before a tsunami?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #166 on: September 28, 2022, 08:21:03 pm »
Support the USO

Online berdie

« Reply #167 on: September 28, 2022, 08:21:08 pm »
Why isn't Fox showing all this..instead we get reporters standing in the middle of the street fighting the wind...pitiful coverage..

I have never understood the reasoning behind having reporters stand out in the wind/rain. I wonder how the networks decide who will do this.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #168 on: September 28, 2022, 08:38:51 pm »
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #169 on: September 28, 2022, 08:50:35 pm »

The city of Naples, FL during Hurricane Ian on September 28, 2022. The streets are flooded and wind strongly gusts the trees.  (City of Naples)
Support the USO

Online rustynail

« Reply #170 on: September 28, 2022, 09:12:20 pm »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #171 on: September 28, 2022, 09:52:21 pm »

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1575217259169329152

Guy's been doing stupid shit like this for about 40 years.

The law of averages catches up to you at some point.  Maybe this was a divine warning.

I had to go out in the middle of Rita to move a limb that threatend a window, with 100+ mph wind  Was not a safe feeling to say the least.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 09:57:19 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #172 on: September 28, 2022, 09:58:08 pm »
DeSantis just announced the Cajun Navy was on the way....   Hooo Yah!!!!!

Kudos to those guys.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #173 on: September 28, 2022, 10:00:58 pm »
Ft. Myers ----

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #174 on: September 28, 2022, 10:02:39 pm »
Has anybody heard fron @libertybele?  I imagine she has no cell phone service.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: