Trump rape accuser plans suit under new N.Y. 'survivors' law

(1/3) > >>

libertybele:

Associated Press
LARRY NEUMEISTER
Tue, September 20, 2022 at 7:19 PM

NEW YORK (AP) — A writer who accused former President Donald Trump of raping her in a department store dressing room intends to file another lawsuit against him under a new New York law letting sexual assault victims sue over attacks that happened decades ago.

A lawyer for the columnist, E. Jean Carroll, notified a federal judge of her intent to sue in an August letter entered in the public record Tuesday. The suit would allege sexual battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

In the letter, the lawyer, Roberta Kaplan, also said she plans to depose Trump in the defamation case that Carroll already had pending against the former president. The deposition would have to occur by Oct. 19, when discovery in the case must be completed for a planned February trial.

Trump's attorney, Alina Habba, did not immediately respond to a request for comment. In an Aug. 11 letter to the court that was also posted in the public file Tuesday, she objected to the new lawsuit.

Habba wrote that letting Carroll file the new claim now “would be extraordinarily prejudicial” to Trump, given the looming trial deadlines in the defamation case.

“To permit Plaintiff to drastically alter the scope and subject matter of this case at such time would severely prejudice Defendant’s rights. Therefore, Plaintiff’s request must be disregarded in its entirety,” Habba said.

Kaplan declined to comment.

Carroll, a longtime advice columnist for Elle magazine, wrote in a 2019 book that Trump raped her during a chance encounter at a Bergdorf Goodman store in the mid-1990s. Trump denied it and questioned Carroll’s credibility and motivations................

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-rape-accuser-plans-suit-231948645.html

mystery-ak:
Good Lord...what else are they gonna throw at Trump today!....I am developing Trump fatigue..

EdinVA:

--- Quote from: mystery-ak on September 21, 2022, 05:44:07 pm ---Good Lord...what else are they gonna throw at Trump today!....I am developing Trump fatigue..

--- End quote ---

There is such a trail of bribery, extortion and perjury by the government against Trump I just ignore the noise anymore.... There is a 99% chance of it all being a lie...

I think this may backfire on the dems in november

libertybele:

--- Quote from: mystery-ak on September 21, 2022, 05:44:07 pm ---Good Lord...what else are they gonna throw at Trump today!....I am developing Trump fatigue..

--- End quote ---

We all saw this coming, the left is in a frenzy because they know Trump is the voice of millions who aren't going to back down.

This is OUR Republic, it is not the leftists, nor the globalists.  RIGHT is right and the leftists our way out in left field.  We have a Constitution which needs to be upheld and a country to defend.

Trump is not perfect by any means but he had us headed on the right path.

mountaineer:
This whackjob doesn't even know the year the alleged assault took place. Don't you think if you were sexually assaulted by a famous person, you'd make a note - mental or otherwise - about the date it occurred?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version