Author Topic: Trump rape accuser plans suit under new N.Y. 'survivors' law  (Read 770 times)

Online libertybele

Trump rape accuser plans suit under new N.Y. 'survivors' law
« on: September 21, 2022, 05:41:19 pm »

Associated Press
LARRY NEUMEISTER
Tue, September 20, 2022 at 7:19 PM

NEW YORK (AP) — A writer who accused former President Donald Trump of raping her in a department store dressing room intends to file another lawsuit against him under a new New York law letting sexual assault victims sue over attacks that happened decades ago.

A lawyer for the columnist, E. Jean Carroll, notified a federal judge of her intent to sue in an August letter entered in the public record Tuesday. The suit would allege sexual battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

In the letter, the lawyer, Roberta Kaplan, also said she plans to depose Trump in the defamation case that Carroll already had pending against the former president. The deposition would have to occur by Oct. 19, when discovery in the case must be completed for a planned February trial.

Trump's attorney, Alina Habba, did not immediately respond to a request for comment. In an Aug. 11 letter to the court that was also posted in the public file Tuesday, she objected to the new lawsuit.

Habba wrote that letting Carroll file the new claim now “would be extraordinarily prejudicial” to Trump, given the looming trial deadlines in the defamation case.

“To permit Plaintiff to drastically alter the scope and subject matter of this case at such time would severely prejudice Defendant’s rights. Therefore, Plaintiff’s request must be disregarded in its entirety,” Habba said.

Kaplan declined to comment.

Carroll, a longtime advice columnist for Elle magazine, wrote in a 2019 book that Trump raped her during a chance encounter at a Bergdorf Goodman store in the mid-1990s. Trump denied it and questioned Carroll’s credibility and motivations................

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-rape-accuser-plans-suit-231948645.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Trump rape accuser plans suit under new N.Y. 'survivors' law
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 05:44:07 pm »
Good Lord...what else are they gonna throw at Trump today!....I am developing Trump fatigue..
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 05:46:16 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2022, 05:49:35 pm »
Good Lord...what else are they gonna throw at Trump today!....I am developing Trump fatigue..

There is such a trail of bribery, extortion and perjury by the government against Trump I just ignore the noise anymore.... There is a 99% chance of it all being a lie...

I think this may backfire on the dems in november

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2022, 05:51:44 pm »

We all saw this coming, the left is in a frenzy because they know Trump is the voice of millions who aren't going to back down.

This is OUR Republic, it is not the leftists, nor the globalists.  RIGHT is right and the leftists our way out in left field.  We have a Constitution which needs to be upheld and a country to defend.

Trump is not perfect by any means but he had us headed on the right path.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 05:54:12 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2022, 06:15:52 pm »
This whackjob doesn't even know the year the alleged assault took place. Don't you think if you were sexually assaulted by a famous person, you'd make a note - mental or otherwise - about the date it occurred?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2022, 07:01:16 pm »
This whackjob doesn't even know the year the alleged assault took place. Don't you think if you were sexually assaulted by a famous person, you'd make a note - mental or otherwise - about the date it occurred?

All that matters in the liberal minds (and judges) is that it is Trump being accused.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2022, 07:04:19 pm »
As soon as I read the headline I knew who it was...calling her a whackjob is too kind...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2022, 07:20:57 pm »
... each lawsuit increases the likelihood of Trump seeking Bankruptcy protection.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2022, 09:16:13 pm »
Don't you think if you were sexually assaulted by a famous person, you'd make a note - mental or otherwise - about the date it occurred?

Not necessarily

Although how does somebody defend themselves from an alleged incident that happened decades ago where there’s no police report or anything else
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2022, 09:19:00 pm »
... each lawsuit increases the likelihood of Trump seeking Bankruptcy protection.

Just my opinion and I doubt a very popular one, but I see it as each lawsuit increases the likelihood that Trump will not run again in '24.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2022, 09:28:04 pm »
Just my opinion and I doubt a very popular one, but I see it as each lawsuit increases the likelihood that Trump will not run again in '24.

I agree.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy