Author Topic: Washington Monument closed after being vandalized with obscenities, red paint  (Read 457 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Washington Monument closed after being vandalized with obscenities, red paint

Authorities did not say how long the restoration process would take.
ByJon Haworth
September 21, 2022, 2:41 AM

The Washington Monument has been temporarily closed after a man vandalized the national landmark with profanities and red paint.

The incident occurred on Tuesday evening when the unnamed male suspect splashed the base of the historical monument with red paint and wrote an obscene message across the side of the structure.

“The United States Park Police has an adult male in custody for vandalizing the base of the Washington Monument with paint,” the United States Park Police said in a statement obtained by ABC News. “The area at the base of the monument will be temporarily closed.”

It is currently unclear what the motivation behind the vandalism was or if the message scrawled on the base of the monument was targeting anybody specific.

more with video
https://abcnews.go.com/US/washington-monument-closed-vandalized-obscenities-red-paint/story?id=90254911
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DefiantMassRINO

Is this because George Washington was a slave-holding, genocidal, imperialist, racist, masogynist white male of privilege - as the kids are taught these days?

Is this the "good trouble" people speak of?
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline EdinVA

With all the cameras in DC I am assuming the perps are in jail already

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The Washington Monument was ALWAYS closed when I've been there.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline verga

With all the cameras in DC I am assuming the perps are in jail already
Depends on their race.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.