Author Topic: Putin threatens nukes, calls up 300,000 reservists in sign of desperation  (Read 1420 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Putin’s desperate move: Threatening nukes and calling up 300,000 military reservists to bolster beleaguered Russian forces in Ukraine
by Jamie McIntyre, Senior Writer |
September 21, 2022 07:31 AM

PUTIN: ‘THIS IS NO BLUFF’: In a 20-minute recorded address to his nation, Russian President Vladimir Putin upped the ante in a tacit admission that his forces have suffered humiliating losses in the first seven months of his faltering invasion of Ukraine.

Putin ordered what he called a “partial mobilization,” which would activate some 300,000 reserve forces who already have military training, and he peppered his speech with accusations against NATO and the West, saying they had “crossed all lines” in arming Ukraine, and are engaging in “nuclear blackmail,” falsely accusing NATO of contemplating the use nuclear weapons against Russia.

“If the territorial integrity of our country is threatened, we will certainly use all the means at our disposal to protect Russia and our people. This is not a bluff,” Putin said, casting the action as a response to a direct threat from NATO. The mobilization, he said, is “to protect our homeland, its sovereignty and territorial integrity, to ensure the security of our people and people in the liberated territories.”

In a tweet today, British Defense Minister Ben Wallace called Putin’s mobilization “an admission his invasion is failing.”

“No amount of threats and propaganda can hide the fact that Ukraine is winning the war, the international community are united and Russia is becoming a global pariah,” Wallace said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/putins-desperate-move-threatening-nukes-and-calling-up-300-000-military-reservists-to-bolster-beleaguered-russian-forces-in-ukraine
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Putin threatens nukes, calls up 300,000 reservists in sign of desperation
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 03:14:46 pm »
Putin may find himself in the gulag if he keeps up this nonsense.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2022, 03:50:37 pm »
There has to be a clock ticking in Putin's head ... a terminal disease perhaps?

If Putin didn't invade Ukraine, it could have collapsed from within, and had its institutions infiltrated with pro-Russian officials.

Then, when the world was distracted by something else, Ukraine's government could have formally requested to enter a union with Russia.

Before the invasion of Ukraine, Putin had the strategic advantage.  By invading, his strategic advantage is being defeated by his tactical deficiencies.

There's gotta be something more going on with Mad Vlad.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2022, 04:08:15 pm »
Gulag? More likely a sudden deadly illness or tragic car or plane accident, maybe he'll just suffer a coronary and pass away in his sleep. The destruction to Russia caused by his failed gambit will not be allowed to continue by those behind the power....or maybe he will be 'relieved' from office/life by a few Russian patriots.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2022, 06:21:40 pm »
Gulag? More likely a sudden deadly illness or tragic car or plane accident, maybe he'll just suffer a coronary and pass away in his sleep. The destruction to Russia caused by his failed gambit will not be allowed to continue by those behind the power....or maybe he will be 'relieved' from office/life by a few Russian patriots.

Hope your right before miley changes his skirt...

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2022, 06:57:49 pm »
Don't worry. Biden's on top of it.

Yes and that has me deeply concerned.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2022, 07:15:44 pm »

Threatening nukes and calling up 300,000 military reservists to bolster beleaguered Russian forces in Ukraine

This just MIGHT be the fumble that ends up destroying communism in Russia. The war,AND Communism are already unpopular,and this just might push the Russian citizens over the edge.

And if is it,once THAT "bubble bursts",there just ain't going to be no putting THAT "genie" back in the bottle.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2022, 07:16:37 pm »

@mountaineer

Or more likely,taking a quick flight to Switzerland to visit with his money,and staying there.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2022, 07:28:20 pm »
Putin isn't bluffing and I believe he has had this well thought out for awhile. 

Joe's threats of retaliation are idle as Putin realizes what Joe has done.  He's given billion and billions of aid to Ukraine along with arms; draining our own supplies. Joe is also depleting our oil reserves.  Not exactly something you do with a potential war on your hands.  Joe should have done just the opposite when Putin escalated things.

Neither Joe or Harris, or Milley or Austin are competent enough to handle a war and the rest of the world knows it.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2022, 07:40:40 pm »
Putin isn't bluffing

@libertybele

I have no doubt about that. This is an act of pure desperation on his part.

and I believe he has had this well thought out for awhile. 

Not how *I* would describe a panic-stricken brain-fart,but to each his own.

Joe's threats of retaliation are idle as Putin realizes what Joe has done.  He's given billion and billions of aid to Ukraine along with arms; draining our own supplies. Joe is also depleting our oil reserves.  Not exactly something you do with a potential war on your hands.  Joe should have done just the opposite when Putin escalated things.

Neither Joe or Harris, or Milley or Austin are competent enough to handle a war and the rest of the world knows it.

No argument there,but those clowns are NOT who he has to worry about. The people Putin needs to worry about are his fellow Politburo members,who are losing money and influence due to Putin's war destroying the economy,and the Soviet Military Leadership,who have been bled dry by this brain fart,and don't forget,when push comes to shove,THEY are the ones with the rifles and tanks.

Putin is the one who is going to be held responsible for the destruction of the image of the Russian military.

After all,it was just the blink of an eyelid ago that the "Soviet/Russian Military" was feared as a powerful threat by the whole world,and now we see them getting their asses handed to them by a 3rd or 4th rate army of a minor nation.

Anybody that doesn't think the Russian brass isn't steamed about that has never known a senior military officer.

Or even a career NCO.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2022, 07:50:30 pm »

@libertybele

I have no doubt about that. This is an act of pure desperation on his part.

Not how *I* would describe a panic-stricken brain-fart,but to each his own.

No argument there,but those clowns are NOT who he has to worry about. The people Putin needs to worry about are his fellow Politburo members,who are losing money and influence due to Putin's war destroying the economy,and the Soviet Military Leadership,who have been bled dry by this brain fart,and don't forget,when push comes to shove,THEY are the ones with the rifles and tanks.

Putin is the one who is going to be held responsible for the destruction of the image of the Russian military.

After all,it was just the blink of an eyelid ago that the "Soviet/Russian Military" was feared as a powerful threat by the whole world,and now we see them getting their asses handed to them by a 3rd or 4th rate army of a minor nation.

Anybody that doesn't think the Russian brass isn't steamed about that has never known a senior military officer.

Or even a career NCO.

@sneakypete  I don't believe that Putin has many worries these days as most fear him.  Also, he recently mean with Xi and they agreed to closer cooperation with each other.  No, I don't think he needs to worry.  Just my opinion.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2022, 07:52:45 pm »
Putin whinging on about protecting territorial integrity of his nation is obscene, given that he so cavalierly violated the territorial integrity of Ukraine.  The sooner this irrational madman is removed from power, the better.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2022, 07:58:15 pm »
Got to wonder if annexation of conquered territories by itself constitutes an escalation of war that the EU will have trouble accepting.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2022, 08:45:07 pm »
Bkmk
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline DB

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2022, 09:40:31 pm »
Putin isn't bluffing and I believe he has had this well thought out for awhile. 

Putin is failing in the war he's already in.

Do you really think a full blown war with the west would go better for him???

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2022, 09:43:28 pm »
Putin is failing in the war he's already in.

Do you really think a full blown war with the west would go better for him???

Do you really think that he won't use nukes?  Many reports are of him failing, so what does he have to lose at this point??

Offline DB

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2022, 09:56:49 pm »
Do you really think that he won't use nukes?  Many reports are of him failing, so what does he have to lose at this point??

What will nukes gain him?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2022, 10:04:45 pm »
It's not about what he gains ... it's about imposing his will ... if he cannot retake Ukraine for his USSR v2.0, he'll leave Ukraine uninhabitable for anyone else ... he's a megalomaniac.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2022, 10:07:12 pm »
What will nukes gain him?

If he's already lost the war as many claim, it shows his power and perhaps a last ditch effort to win. ???   I also believe Xi will get involved.  The two of them just met and agreed to cooperate with each other.

I don't see Putin as one to make idol threats.

Offline DB

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2022, 11:26:36 pm »
It's not about what he gains ... it's about imposing his will ... if he cannot retake Ukraine for his USSR v2.0, he'll leave Ukraine uninhabitable for anyone else ... he's a megalomaniac.

He can't impose his will if people don't give in to the threats.

I really doubt that his top military people want to go there.

Nuking Ukraine doesn't gain him Ukraine. No one, not even China will support that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2022, 11:46:05 pm »

Do you really think that he won't use nukes?

@libertybele

I realize that he is,for all practical purposes a dictator these days,but the REALITY  is that it would be the Russian military that would launch the nukes if the order was given,and these people have families just like everyone else.

Putin may give the order,but my best GUESS is the end result would him being backed against a wall and executed,and Russia being under military control until the dust settles and they vote someone else into office.

Many reports are of him failing, so what does he have to lose at this point??

He is just one man,not the entire nation. In fact,I would NOT be surprised to hear soon that he has just died after suffering from a tragic heart attack.

Talking trash is one thing. Launching nukes is an entirely different thing.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2022, 11:50:02 pm »
He can't impose his will if people don't give in to the threats.

I really doubt that his top military people want to go there.

Nuking Ukraine doesn't gain him Ukraine. No one, not even China will support that.

@DB

I agree,but what it WOULD give him is a starring role in "The Nurenburg Trials,Part 2".

Assuming of course the Russian military didn't just back him against a wall and take him out.

ANY leader ordering ANY nuclear first strike is likely to have  a VERY short life span. Putin may be the new Maximum Leader of Russia,but he doesn't live there alone.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2022, 08:51:30 pm »
The sooner this irrational madman is removed from power, the better.

Sure.  We can do it tonight, nothing's stopping us.   Or do we first need a little more time to dust off the Treaty of Versailles to insure the next step with  post-war Russia is implemented with the same fabulous consequences as with post WWI Germany? ---

Zelensky to U.N.: ‘Formula for Peace’ in Ukraine Begins with ‘Punishment"
Breitbart, Sep 21, 2022

[...]

Zelensky called for universal sanctions on Russia, from banning Russian tourists from entering free states to barring Russia from participating in international fora like the Security Council, also including commercial sanctions to impoverish the Russian economy.

“Blocking the trade and relations with the aggressor is a part of the peace formula. All this is a punishment. So long as the aggressor is a party to decision-making in the international organizations, he must be isolated from them – at least until aggression lasts,” Zelensky argued. “Reject the right to vote. Deprive delegation rights. Remove the right of veto – if it is a Member of the UN Security Council.”

"Citizens of the aggressor state should not be allowed to enjoy tourism or shopping in the territory of those who value peace, but should be encouraged through visa restrictions to fight against the aggression of their own state,” he continued. “Punish for abetting the evil. A Special Tribunal should be created to punish Russia for the crime of aggression against our state. This will become a signal to all ‘would-be’ aggressors, that they must value peace or be brought to responsibility by the world.”

More:  https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/09/21/zelensky-u-n-formula-peace-ukraine-begins-punishment/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2022, 09:02:04 pm »
And then there's this jackass who turned up three times to stop peace negotiations ---- the first time in March ---

Boris Johnson warns against a Ukraine-Russia peace deal (Video)
Sep 22 , 2022

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-politics-62998067