Author Topic: Police: Driver admitted to intentionally killing (Repub.) teen at North Dakota street dance after po  (Read 4700 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The North Dakota man accused of killing a teenager with his car following a "political argument" said he didn't understand the charges against him during a recent court appearance.

Shannon Brandt, 41, spent just days in a Stutsman County Jail on criminal charges related to the death of 18-year-old Cayler Ellingson before he posted his $50,000 bond and was released, according to county jail records.

Ok,I have a couple of what should be simple questions for you ND'ers.

Since I have read here the population of that county is less than the number of students in the local High School where I live,EVERYBODY has to know EVERYBODY. Even if he is someone's relative from out of state who just moved there in the last couple of years,lots of people have to know him,or know who he works for and some of the people he works with.

1: WHO is this guy related to? I know what life is like and how deals are cut in rural areas,and NOBODY who isn't related to someone important gets deals like that on a homicide. NOBODY.

2:Where did he grow up and where did he live before moving to ND? NOBODY moves to a state like ND unless they have connections there that can hook them up with a good job. It is freezing ass cold there,and even labor jobs are hard to find in the winter,never mind steady jobs with pay good enough to convince someone to move there. And you just KNOW this guy is the product of some big city because no one who grew up in a rural community thinks like him. Or would have any reason to move to ND.

No insult intended to those of you who do live there,but ND is NOT a state people just pick at random to move to,and it damn sure ain't for the warm weather and easy living.

SOMEBODY knows this goober's background and local connections. Figure out who this is and things will start to fall into place. He IS related to someone politically connected and powerful,or he wouldn't be getting treated with kid gloves.

Just the simple fact that he was immediately released on a 50 grand bail just flat blows MY mind.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Ok,I have a couple of what should be simple questions for you ND'ers.

Since I have read here the population of that county is less than the number of students in the local High School where I live,EVERYBODY has to know EVERYBODY. Even if he is someone's relative from out of state who just moved there in the last couple of years,lots of people have to know him,or know who he works for and some of the people he works with.

1: WHO is this guy related to? I know what life is like and how deals are cut in rural areas,and NOBODY who isn't related to someone important gets deals like that on a homicide. NOBODY.

2:Where did he grow up and where did he live before moving to ND? NOBODY moves to a state like ND unless they have connections there that can hook them up with a good job. It is freezing ass cold there,and even labor jobs are hard to find in the winter,never mind steady jobs with pay good enough to convince someone to move there. And you just KNOW this guy is the product of some big city because no one who grew up in a rural community thinks like him. Or would have any reason to move to ND.

No insult intended to those of you who do live there,but ND is NOT a state people just pick at random to move to,and it damn sure ain't for the warm weather and easy living.

SOMEBODY knows this goober's background and local connections. Figure out who this is and things will start to fall into place. He IS related to someone politically connected and powerful,or he wouldn't be getting treated with kid gloves.

Just the simple fact that he was immediately released on a 50 grand bail just flat blows MY mind.

My theory is that as the investigation goes on, he will probably be charged differently. I hope that there were witnesses at the street dance who heard the argument and heard any threats that may have ensued.
As far as who he’s related to or how he ended up here, I believe I read that he graduated from one of the local schools. Possibly he’s lived here all his life, especially if he’s involved in agriculture. I’m not aware of any connection to the judge or the county attorney.
And yes, we do have our fair share of liberals. Homegrown libs.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 01:59:48 pm by debrawiest »
For all you've given Lord, I stand amazed.
Salvation covers me, forever changed!
In all I could not be, You met every need!
My sin, my broken life, Your cross, Your sacrifice
My hopelessness, my shame, Your faithfulness,  Your grace
The greatest mystery, Your awesome love for me.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
My theory is that as the investigation goes on, he will probably be charged differently. I hope that there were witnesses at the street dance who heard the argument and heard any threats that may have ensued.
As far as who he’s related to or how he ended up here, I believe I read that he graduated from one of the local schools. Possibly he’s lived here all his life, especially if he’s involved in agriculture. I’m not aware of any connection to the judge or the county attorney.
And yes, we do have our fair share of liberals. Homegrown libs.
I notice off the reservations, the libs get thicker toward the Minnesota line.
Just saying.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Offline Hoodat

Shannon Brandt, 41, spent just days in a Stutsman County Jail on criminal charges related to the death of 18-year-old Cayler Ellingson before he posted his $50,000 bond and was released, according to county jail records.

He is charged with vehicular homicide and leaving the scene of an accident.

Just a reminder.  The driver in the Charlottesville vehicular homicide case was denied bail.  He remained in lockup from the day of the crime until he was convicted.  His sentence?  Two life sentences plus 417 years.

We have two different justice systems in our country now.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
I notice off the reservations, the libs get thicker toward the Minnesota line.
Just saying.

Ain’t that the truth. Anything east of Valley City should be annexed to Minnesota.
For all you've given Lord, I stand amazed.
Salvation covers me, forever changed!
In all I could not be, You met every need!
My sin, my broken life, Your cross, Your sacrifice
My hopelessness, my shame, Your faithfulness,  Your grace
The greatest mystery, Your awesome love for me.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 No one reported what really happened..

September 22, 2022 4:50pm EDT
AP report on slain North Dakota teen omits alleged assailant thought victim was 'Republican extremist'
Court documents show Shannon Brandt told law enforcement he believed teen victim was part of a 'Republican extremist group'
By Gabriel Hays | Fox News

An Associated Press report on the killing of a North Dakota teen by a drunk 41-year-old man over a "political argument" declined to note the alleged assailant reportedly thought the victim was part of a "Republican extremist group."

The Wednesday report from The Associated Press stated, "A driver charged with fatally striking a teenager in North Dakota allegedly told investigators he purposely hit the teen with his SUV after they had a political argument, according to court documents.".

Fox News Digital reported, "Court documents said he told a 911 dispatcher the teen was part of a Republican ‘extremist group’ and was calling people to go after him following an unspecified political argument."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/ap-report-slain-north-dakota-teen-omits-alleged-assailant-thought-victim-republican-extremist
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
War, children... is just a shot away.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online roamer_1

Ain't it always?  :pondering:

Offline Hoodat

Oh, a storm is threatening my very life today
If I don't get some shelter, oh yeah, I'm gonna fade away
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Cait Corrigan
@iamcaitcorrigan

SAY HIS NAME. #CaylerEllingson

9:55 PM · Sep 23, 2022   Twitter for iPhone

"Donald Trump remembers 18-year-old Cayler Ellingson who was murdered for his political beliefs."  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1573501413879070723

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

President Trump stood tall for Cayler Ellingson when so many Republicans hid

Remember this.

10:38 PM · Sep 23, 2022  ·Twitter Web App

Offline aligncare

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

President Trump stood tall for Cayler Ellingson when so many Republicans hid

Remember this.

10:38 PM · Sep 23, 2022  ·Twitter Web App

But Trump had documents!  He should be in jail!  ***hair on fire

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"Donald Trump remembers 18-year-old Cayler Ellingson who was murdered for his political beliefs."  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1573501413879070723

@Right_in_Virginia

And that is NOT political hyperbole!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
But Trump had documents!  He should be in jail!  ***hair on fire

@aligncare

Besides,he is rude to RINO's and Dims. He should already be in jail for THOSE offenses against the nation!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
September 25, 2022 1:22pm EDT
North Dakota community members describe Cayler Ellingson as an 'exceptional child' with bright future ahead
Cayler Ellingson died on Sept. 18 after Shannon Brandt allegedly used an SUV to hit him, police say

By Adam Sabes | Fox News

Community members in North Dakota are reeling over the death of 18-year-old Cayler Ellingson, and say that he was an "exceptional child" with a bright future ahead of him.

Shannon Brandt, 41, admitted to mowing down Ellingson in the early morning hours on Sept. 18 in a 911 call made after the incident, according to an affidavit. The two were at a local bar's street dance in McHenry, North Dakota, before the incident happened, and Brandt alleged that he got into a "political argument" with Ellingson, who he alleged was part of a "Republican extremist group." North Dakota officials have said that neither of Brandt's allegations are true.

Ellingson was taken to a local hospital with severe injuries, but he later died. Brandt also alleged that Ellingson was threatening him, according to the affidavit.

The 18-year-old called his mother before Brandt used an SUV to hit him, according to an affidavit, and told her that "'he" or ‘they’ were chasing him." The mother told her son that she was "on her way to get him" prior to that call.

A person who was close with Ellingson and his family, who chose to remain anonymous when speaking with Fox News Digital, says that the 18-year-old was an "exceptional child" with a bright future ahead of him that was tragically cut short.

Ellingson graduated from Carrington High School in the spring of 2022 and recently began studying to be an ultrasound technician. The high school held a moment of silence for Ellingson on Friday night during its homecoming football game.

One person who was close with the Ellingson family said that the 18-year-old was "absolutely not" a Republican "extremist," as Brandt alleged, and said he was an "all-around great kid."

Another person also said Ellingson was a "good kid" and said that the incident has shaken the community.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/north-dakota-community-members-describe-cayler-ellingson-exceptional-child-bright-future-ahead
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

If equal protection applied, the driver would be getting no bail, two life sentences, plus 417 years.  But then Democrats have been opposing equal protection for the last 186 years.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN Still Burying Political Murder of Republican Teen
Scott Whitlock
September 27th, 2022 11:43 AM

Over 100 people gathered in McHenry, North Dakota on Monday to mourn the loss of teenager Cayler Ellingson who was murdered because his alleged killer thought he was a “Republican extremist.” But you likely wouldn’t know about the left-wing political violence if you watched ABC, CBS, NBC or MSNBC. These networks and cable channels have buried what would be a huge story if only the man who hit the teen was a conservative, a Republican, or a pro-life activist.

In contrast to these liberal outlets, Fox News Channel and Newsmax have covered all the details of the story.  ...

Since September 18, the morning and evening shows on the networks, as well as MSNBC have been silent on the act of political violence. CNN covered it briefly on Friday's New Day for one minute and 45 seconds. According to a search of CNN.com, the online version of the liberal cable network allowed just one story. CNN.com writer Andy Rose referenced the "specifics of the alleged argument."    ... Newsbusters
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN Still Burying Political Murder of Republican Teen
Scott Whitlock
September 27th, 2022 11:43 AM

Over 100 people gathered in McHenry, North Dakota on Monday to mourn the loss of teenager Cayler Ellingson who was murdered because his alleged killer thought he was a “Republican extremist.” But you likely wouldn’t know about the left-wing political violence if you watched ABC, CBS, NBC or MSNBC. These networks and cable channels have buried what would be a huge story if only the man who hit the teen was a conservative, a Republican, or a pro-life activist.

In contrast to these liberal outlets, Fox News Channel and Newsmax have covered all the details of the story.  ...

Since September 18, the morning and evening shows on the networks, as well as MSNBC have been silent on the act of political violence. CNN covered it briefly on Friday's New Day for one minute and 45 seconds. According to a search of CNN.com, the online version of the liberal cable network allowed just one story. CNN.com writer Andy Rose referenced the "specifics of the alleged argument."    ... Newsbusters

Of course; because they're no longer journalists, they're left-wing agitprop outfits.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Of course; because they're no longer journalists, they're left-wing agitprop outfits.

@Kamaji

Some may be,but there are probably others who just need the job,and let's face it,if you get fired from one leftist news PROPAGANDA source,you ain't never getting another journalism job.

Offline aligncare

@Kamaji

As a journalism major, it boils my blood what’s happened to journalism. America deserves better than this. You have to read the foreign press to see what real, down the line reporting looks like.

It’s more than just a shame, it’s a looming danger to America’s internal security. It’s mucking up the whole Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness thing.

Offline Kamaji

@Kamaji

As a journalism major, it boils my blood what’s happened to journalism. America deserves better than this. You have to read the foreign press to see what real, down the line reporting looks like.

It’s more than just a shame, it’s a looming danger to America’s internal security. It’s mucking up the whole Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness thing.

@aligncare

Completely agree!

Online mountaineer

Democrats need to stop urging political violence
By Karol Markowicz   
September 25, 2022 6:30pm Updated
Cayler Ellingson was killed last week in North Dakota after another man, Shannon Brandt, 41, hit him with his SUV. Ellingson was 18 years old.

Brandt was convinced the teenager was affiliated with a “Republican extremist group.” No evidence exists for this claim. Footage of Brandt’s bail hearing shows him seeming confused that he may suffer for his actions.

It comes right from the top. The president of the United States, supported by a fan-girl media, spouts irresponsible rhetoric that led to Ellingson’s death.

Earlier this month, President Joe Biden gave a fiery speech about the threats our country faces from voters who dare to disagree with him. Red background, clenched fists, the president shouted into the microphone that America’s at an “inflection point” because “MAGA Republicans” “do not respect the Constitution.” “Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans represent an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our republic,” he said.

The very foundation of our republic! Our country is at risk! The message Biden sent to unstable people like Brandt is that it’s reasonable to get rid of those who threaten our nation. How can anyone not defend his country? ...
More at NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org