Author Topic: Police: Driver admitted to intentionally killing (Repub.) teen at North Dakota street dance after po  (Read 4733 times)

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Sounds like a terrorist act meant to intimidate and inflict fear upon deplorables.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 08:37:50 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online Lando Lincoln

If my son was the victim, I would have one purpose in life. One.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline mountaineer

Joe Biden is getting what he instigated in the "red" Reichstag speech.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
In NODAK???

Wouldn't that be doubtful?

ND set his bail at $50K, and he bailed out in a couple hours.  He walks free today.  I was surprised, but apparently they have a corruptocrat AG.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This happened in my neck of the woods.
As far as I know, the killer is still incarcerated. I have not heard that he bailed out.

I hate to break this to you......
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

ND set his bail at $50K, and he bailed out in a couple hours.  He walks free today.  I was surprised, but apparently they have a corruptocrat AG.
Would this be the doing of the state AG or the county prosecutor? In my state, the AG would have no involvement in such a matter.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Would this be the doing of the state AG or the county prosecutor? In my state, the AG would have no involvement in such a matter.

I believe this is up to the county attorney.
What is the gospel? I’ll put it in a sentence.
The gospel is the news that Jesus Christ, the Righteous One, died for our sins and rose again, eternally triumphant over all his enemies, so that there is now no condemnation for those who believe, but only everlasting joy.
That’s the gospel. (John Piper)

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
I hate to break this to you......

Yes, I am aware. Very disappointed.
What is the gospel? I’ll put it in a sentence.
The gospel is the news that Jesus Christ, the Righteous One, died for our sins and rose again, eternally triumphant over all his enemies, so that there is now no condemnation for those who believe, but only everlasting joy.
That’s the gospel. (John Piper)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Ditto..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Lando Lincoln

My brother worked his entire career in NoDak state law enforcement and corrections. I will ask him his take on this.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I believe this is up to the county attorney.

It should be, yes. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yes, I am aware. Very disappointed.

I arrived a bit late to the thread..... 333cleo 333cleo
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Has anybody seen a story about this on any of the main news channels?  FNC hasn't said a peep about it.
I will NOT comply.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
"Admitted to hitting..." is different from "admitted to intentionally hitting..."

If he ran the kid down, it's murder 1.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
"Admitted to hitting..." is different from "admitted to intentionally hitting..."

If he ran the kid down, it's murder 1.
He'll hide behind being intoxicated but in my book it's premeditated murder, he pursued the young man with hostile intent and then ran him down.

Offline DB

Has anybody seen a story about this on any of the main news channels?  FNC hasn't said a peep about it.

I don't know about TV but it has been up on the Web site awhile:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/north-dakota-man-freed-50k-bond-fatally-striking-republican-extremist-car-records-show

Offline roamer_1

Yes, right here in what used to be the God-fearing bread basket of the world.

I have not read anything that indicates he’s out on bail. He’s probably safest incarcerated. The county this happened in has a population of 3,200. Everyone knows everyone, or at least everyone knows someone who’s related to everyone. My daughter has a student who is related to the victim. I know someone who’s a distant relative of the perp. It’s such a small world. The area is devastated.

Yeah... Same sort of thing here... I get it.
Sorry for your discomfort with it all...  **nononono*

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
He'll hide behind being intoxicated but in my book it's premeditated murder, he pursued the young man with hostile intent and then ran him down.

@GtHawk

I have always failed to see any difference between "intoxicated" and "depraved indifference to human life."

And I am saying this as a man who once lost maybe 2 years to drunkenness. Not really sure how long it was because I was a "blackout drunk".

Just somehow got sober by accident one day,looked around and realized I didn't even know the car I was looking at was the car I was currently owning and driving,and didn't even know what year it was. Or where I had been living and working. I was shooting a pistol in my parenents back yard when clarity returned to me as a HUGE surprise.

I decided that was a good first clue that I needed to stop drinking,and pretty much did. Got drunk on purpose one more time maybe a year later to see if I could stop again,and did.  With no trouble whatsoever.

I MIGHT drink an occasional cold beer after cutting grass in the sun in the summer,but 1 or 2 is all I ever wanted.

In fact,I STILL have the half of a fifth of whiskey I was drinking when I stopped drinking in my refrigerator. I keep it to remind me of what happened.

I also have a 6 pack of beer in the refrigerator in case company comes around and wants a beer.

Yeah,I AM one of the VERY few drunks that was able to just put it down and walk away from it. Since I haven't had a drink of whiskey since around 1972,or even wanted one,I feel like it is safe to say I am no longer a drinker.

BTW,don't think for a minute that I don't understand how lucky I am. I come from a family of drunks,and have seen relatives drink after-shave lotion when they ran out of whiskey.

What makes me even luckier,and this luck even more remarkable is I am 1/4 American Indian.

And "Yes,there were VERY good reasons it used to be illegal to sell whiskey to Indians." Had nothing to do with race or racism,and everything to do with public safety.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 01:50:28 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Do you believe this shit!

September 21, 2022 9:05pm EDT
North Dakota man who ran down 'Republican' teen says he doesn't want his own life, job jeopardized
Shannon Brandt made the remarks during a court hearing to face charges for alleged hit-and-run death after 'political argument'
By Louis Casiano , Stephanie Pagones | Fox News

The North Dakota man accused of killing a teenager with his car following a "political argument" said he didn't understand the charges against him during a recent court appearance.

Shannon Brandt, 41, spent just days in a Stutsman County Jail on criminal charges related to the death of 18-year-old Cayler Ellingson before he posted his $50,000 bond and was released, according to county jail records.

He is charged with vehicular homicide and leaving the scene of an accident.

"I don't understand the differences," he told a judge during a Monday court hearing before he was released, according to video footage from a local news outlet.

Brandt objected to the bail amount, saying he was not a flight risk.

"I have a job, a life and a house and things that I don't exactly want to see go by the wayside — family that are very important to me," he said.

Brandt was arrested Sunday morning after telling first responders that he struck the teen because the pedestrian was threatening him," according to a probable-cause affidavit provided to Fox News Digital on Wednesday morning.

He "stated that the pedestrian called some people and Brandt was afraid they were coming to get him," the document continues. "Brandt admitted to State Radio that he hit the pedestrian and that the pedestrian was part of a Republican extremist group."

North Dakota Highway Patrol on Sunday reported that there was a "street dance" on Jones Street near Hohneck Street in McHenry when Brandt struck Ellingson and then fled the scene.

Ellingson was rushed to a local hospital with serious injuries where he died. Brandt’s and Ellingson’s families both showed up at the scene shortly after police arrived, court records show.

Ellingson’s parents said they knew Brandt but didn't believe the teen did. His mother described how she was on her way to pick up her son from McHenry when he called her and said "that ‘he’ or ‘they’ were chasing him." She could no longer reach him after that.

"Brandt admitted to striking the pedestrian with his car because he had a political argument with the pedestrian and believed the pedestrian was calling people to come get him," the court document continues. "Brandt admitted to leaving the scene of the incident and returning shortly after where he called 911."

A breathalyzer test later showed that Brandt’s blood-alcohol level was above the legal limit of 0.08.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/north-dakota-man-admitted-killing-republican-teen-his-life-job-jeopardized
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
North Dakota man free after admitting he mowed down 'Republican' teen over politics, records show
Shannon Brandt posted $50,000 bond after fatally striking Cayler Ellingson with his vehicle following 'political argument,' police records show

https://www.foxnews.com/us/north-dakota-man-freed-50k-bond-fatally-striking-republican-extremist-car-records-show
Support the USO

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
North Dakota man free after admitting he mowed down 'Republican' teen over politics, records show
Shannon Brandt posted $50,000 bond after fatally striking Cayler Ellingson with his vehicle following 'political argument,' police records show

@mystery-ak

This just defies all logic.

Is this guy the judge's boyfriend?

Long lost son?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

As with the guy who shot and nearly killed Rep. Scalise or the one who beat Rand Paul, the snooze media disguise the criminal's political motive.
Tom Bevan
@TomBevanRCP
Amazing: CBS News does a 400-word write up of the ND nut who ran down and killed a teenager over a political argument without mentioning he told police he thought the teen was a Republican "political extremist."
7:36 AM · Sep 22, 2022