Author Topic: Another Kick in the Teeth: Fed Set to Raise Interest Rates Again Wednesday  (Read 416 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Another Kick in the Teeth: Fed Set to Raise Interest Rates Again Wednesday
By Bob Hoge | 4:45 PM on September 20, 2022

Skyrocketing inflation has brought pain to households across the country, but things are about to get worse before they get better. Biden’s economy is in for another jolt Wednesday, as the Federal Reserve is expected to raise interest rates by as much as .75 percent—possibly even more—its fifth boost in a row since March. Markets are reacting negatively, with the Dow Jones down over 300 points, or one percent, as of this writing. The index has dropped almost 10 percent for the year.

The U.S. is not alone in raising rates to combat persistent inflation. According to the Wall Street Journal:

Other central banks in wealthy economies, including the U.K., Europe, and Canada, have also been raising rates in historically large increments, creating the most rapid tightening in global monetary policy since 1989, according to economists at Credit Suisse.

Why are they doing this? Simply, consumer prices rose a whopping 8.26% in August 2022 from the year before, and this is really the only tool the Fed has to effectively combat inflation. They could try telling President Joe Biden and Congress to stop spending like drunken sailors, but that appeal would assuredly fall on deaf ears. Is it time to start worrying about a recession, if we’re not already in one?

more
https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2022/09/20/another-kick-in-the-teeth-fed-set-to-raise-interest-rates-again-wednesday-n630415
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Re: Another Kick in the Teeth: Fed Set to Raise Interest Rates Again Wednesday
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022, 09:10:53 pm »
No worries.  The Inflation Reduction Act should be kicking in pretty soon.  *****rollingeyes*****
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 09:51:44 pm »
It's all part of Biden's plan to make us all paupers.

I wasn't looking forward to a comfortable retirement, anyway.

A van down by the river and canned cat food should be sufficient for shelter and sustenance.

If I'm lucky, I'll get free Government cheese.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 10:18:55 pm »
It's all part of Biden's plan to make us all paupers.

I wasn't looking forward to a comfortable retirement, anyway.

A van down by the river and canned cat food should be sufficient for shelter and sustenance.

If I'm lucky, I'll get free Government cheese.

I don't know that they hand out gov't cheese anymore.  I believe they give you a benefits card and load it with how much money you are allotted for the month.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.