Author Topic: MSNBC figures, Democrats call for DeSantis, Abbott to be prosecuted over 'human trafficking' claims  (Read 663 times)

Online libertybele

The fight is on and the DEMS would like nothing more than to get rid of both Abbott and DeSantis.  Crist is getting involved; not a good thing.  They are also calling on the AG to get involved.  I don't see this turning out well, but if this goes to court and Abbott and DeSantis win, it would be accomplishing a major hurdle.

One thing is for certain, this issue is now front and center going into the mid terms.   

MSNBC figures, Democrats call for DeSantis, Abbott to be prosecuted over 'human trafficking' claims

Democratic politicians and media figures on MSNBC have claimed that Ron DeSantis and Greg Abbott’s decision to send migrants to major cities constitutes "human trafficking," with some even calling on the Department of Justice (DOJ) to prosecute the Republican governors.

During a Sunday night panel on MSNBC’s "Mehdi Hasan Show," The Nation reporter Elie Mystal claimed that DeSantis and Abbott had violated the federal statutes regarding kidnapping, and urged Attorney General Merrick Garland to investigate.

"We need Merrick Garland once again to understand that and bring the full weight and power of the federal government down on these people," he said.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom, D., and Florida gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist, D., both called on the DOJ to look into the matter.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-figures-democrats-call-desantis-abbott-prosecuted-over-human-trafficking-claims
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

This is actually an eye opener for the public. The Democrats are in a tizzy because they’ve been exposed. “No human is illegal” until they show up in their neighborhoods.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

What statute did DeSantis and Abbott violate?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

What statute did DeSantis and Abbott violate?

Exposing the hypocrisy and the virtue signaling of the far left and forcing the elites to experience a policy they force on the rest of the country
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Better go after Biden too.  He is the biggest coyote in the USA.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.