Author Topic: Montana to let transgender people change their birth record  (Read 320 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Montana to let transgender people change their birth record
« on: September 20, 2022, 12:20:40 pm »
Politico 9/19/2022

HELENA, Mont. — After months of defiance, Montana’s health department said Monday it will follow a judge’s ruling and temporarily allow transgender people to change the gender on their birth certificates.

The judge issued a scathing order Monday morning saying health officials made “calculated violations” of his order, which had told them to temporarily stop enforcing a law blocking transgender people from changing their gender on their birth certificates unless they had undergone surgery.

District Court Judge Michael Moses said Monday he would promptly consider motions for contempt based on continued violations of his April order, which he clarified in a verbal order at a hearing on Thursday. Just hours after that hearing, the Republican-run state said it would defy the order and keep in place a rule that disallowed any changes to birth certificates unless they were due to a clerical error.

More: https://www.politico.com/news/2022/09/19/montana-transgender-birth-certificate-00057633

Online Hoodat

Re: Montana to let transgender people change their birth record
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022, 12:24:26 pm »
Can I change my birth year?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Montana to let transgender people change their birth record
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 01:17:06 pm »
I'm gonna relocate my dental floss farm from Montana

Yippy-Ty-O-Ty-Ay
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.