Author Topic: The queen wasn't the only one for whom people lined the highway to recognize  (Read 488 times)

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
Here in the Dayton Ohio / Richmond Indiana area,
there's been another person for whom people have felt great sympathy.

On August 10, Officer Seara Burton of the Richmond Indiana Police Department
pulled over a motorist.
The motorist (I forget his name) began shooting at the officer.

In the shootout, the motorist was wounded
(and was taken to Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton,
and a few days later, taken to the jail in Richmond.)

Officer Burton was shot in the head,
and was also taken to Miami Valley Hospital.
On September 1, the doctors and her family
conceded that she could not recover from her wound.
She was taken off of life support,
and still refused to die.

On September 3, she was taken to a hospice in Richmond.
On September 18, she finally passed away.

Her remains were taken to
the Coronor's Office in Dayton, for an autopsy,
and then returned to a funeral home in Richmond.
People lined the highway to pay their respects.

The shootout occurred nine days before her planned wedding date.

https://www.fox19.com/2022/09/19/indiana-officer-dies-5-weeks-after-she-was-shot-traffic-stop/

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Seara Burton Dies 5 Weeks After Being Shot During Traffic Stop

Holly Matkin
16 hours ago

Richmond, IN – Richmond Police Department (RPD) Officer Seara Burton died in the line of duty on Sunday after being shot in the head during a traffic stop more than five weeks earlier.

The RPD confirmed the 28-year-old officer’s death in a press release on Sept. 18.

“It is with profound sadness that we announce that Officer Seara Burton #140/K9-2 passed away at 9:59 p.m. tonight at Reid Health surrounded by her family,” the department said. “She succumbed to the injury she received in a criminal act that occurred on August 10th, 2022.”

Officer Burton was removed from life support on Sept. 1, WTHR previously reported.

https://policetribune.com/hero-down-richmond-pd-officer-seara-burton-murdered-by-gunman/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The next story about this I want to read is that her murderer was killed during an escape attempt. Yes we would all know it was BS but no one would care. This is why cop killers should never make it into a squad car, only a coroners wagon. We need to stop coddling the criminals, murders especially, we need the death penalty given and actually applied and not this put them to sleep crap. We need to have a death penalty that is so freakin horrendous that it scare the hell out of would be murderers, hanging, electrocution, heck the guillotine. Let's make capital punishment something real, something to be feared, broadcast it so everyone can see it happen and maybe we will see some reduction in murderers.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
The next story about this I want to read is that her murderer was killed during an escape attempt. Yes we would all know it was BS but no one would care. This is why cop killers should never make it into a squad car, only a coroners wagon.

The monster who killed this officer does indeed deserve such treatment,
but if such summary executions were to be allowed,
the leftists would use that as a cover to hunt down and execute anyone they hate.
They would just kill whoever they want, and lie about it, claiming that it was justified.

Jury trials and due process exist for at least two reasons:

1 - To help restrain jack booted thug murderers, and

2 - To emphasize the legitimacy of executing the criminals who really deserve it.
"We didn't just gun him down on the spot.
We held a trial and carefully considered the evidence,
which proves he really deserves the execution."

That way, the criminal gets more than just the execution he deserves,
he also gets the public humiliation of being found guilty of the crime.

By the way, Indiana does have capital punishment,
but executions are currently on hold due to pending court cases.

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao