Author Topic: BREAKING: Bexar County, Texas Sheriff announces criminal investigation into Fla. Gov. DeSantis’ migr  (Read 2162 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

It's not so much that DeSantis sent illegal immigrants to Martha's Vineyard.  It's the way he went about it.

The facts that they were flown via a chartered jet (expensive!), and that someone was waiting at Martha's Vineyard's airport to film them arriving, points to this being a horribly executed publicity stunt.  Were the alleged waivers written in Spanish?  Were the signatories literate in Spanish?  Were the signatories represented by their own legal counsel at the signing of these documents?

Why is the Governor of Florida, and the taxpayers of Florida, paying to relocate illegal immigrants from Texas?  DeSantis could have sent Massachusetts some Haitians or Dominicans.  We have some of the largest Haitain and Dominican communities in the nation.  How hard could it be to find an illegal Hatian or Dominican immigrant in Florida?

Could charges for conspiracy to commit interstate kidnapping or human trafficking be a possibility?

Plus, DeSantis had a fundraiser on Nantucket in August:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/08/09/nation/ron-desantis-attend-fundraiser-nantucket-tuesday/
Ron DeSantis to attend fundraiser on Nantucket on Tuesday
By Brittany Bowker Globe Staff
Updated August 9, 2022, 4:04 p.m.

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is set to attend a fundraiser on Nantucket Tuesday, an indication of the Republican’s rising profile on the national stage ahead of the midterm elections.

The fundraiser is being hosted by hedge fund titans Jim Pallotta and Dave Saunders and their wives, according to an invitation for the event obtained by the Globe.

The cost to attend is $5,000 per couple, according to the invitation, and the event begins at 5:30 p.m. Details about the location of the fundraiser were not included on the invite. ...

Wannabe GOP Presidential Nominees should not be caught fundraising on Nantucket, especially during Summer, and a month before flying illegal migrants to Martha's Vineyard under very questionable legal circumstances.

He could have done it without potential lying, misrepresentation, and legal liability if he just asked them if they wanted to be transported to Massachusetts, where the could recieve housing, support, and Massachsuetts driver's licenses.

This is not how a serious 2024 conducts himself and his campaign.  This had the execution of a drunken college fraternity panty raid gone wrong.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 11:56:26 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline EdinVA

A texas sheriff investigating a florida governor... wow, talk about scope creep...

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Texas sheriff opens probe into DeSantis’s migrant flight to Martha’s Vineyard
by Chloe Folmar - 09/19/22 7:32 PM ET

Bexar County, Texas, Sheriff Javier Salazar opened an investigation on Monday into Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’s (R) controversial transport of approximately 50 migrants from San Antonio, Texas, to Martha’s Vineyard, Mass.

“We are opening up a case, an investigation, with regard to the suspected activities involving the 48 migrants from Venezuela,” Salazar said in a news briefing.

The sheriff said that the group of Venezuelan migrants were “lured” from a migrant resource center into traveling to Martha’s Vineyard “under false pretenses.”

According to Salazar, one Venezuelan migrant was paid to recruit the others, who were allegedly promised work and other benefits, before the group was flown first to Florida and then to Massachusetts.

“They were taken to Martha’s Vineyard for, from what we can gather, for little more than a photo op, video op and then they were unceremoniously stranded in Martha’s Vineyard,” he said.

DeSantis flew the group of migrants north on Wednesday in an effort to draw attention to liberal vs. conservative immigration policies.

Democrats and immigration advocates had called for a probe into DeSantis’s actions, saying he may have broken laws against fraud or human trafficking.

The Hill has reached out to DeSantis’s office for comment.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) had previously sent busloads of migrants to Democratic-run cities including Washington, New York and Chicago, claiming that Democratic leaders support immigration laws that hurt border states without experiencing their negative repercussions.

Two buses of migrants last week arrived in front of the Naval Observatory, the residence of Vice President Kamala Harris, after being sent by Abbott.

“VP Harris claims our border is ‘secure’ & denies the crisis,” said Abbott in a statement about the transported migrants. “We’re sending migrants to her backyard to call on the Biden Administration to do its job & secure the border.”

Both Abbott and DeSantis are up for reelection this year, and are said to be eyeing potential 2024 White House bids.

Salazar said on Monday that the migrants from San Antonio were “exploited and hoodwinked into making this trip to Florida and then onward to Martha’s Vineyard for what I believe to be nothing more than political posturing to make a point.”

“What infuriates me the most about this case is that here we have 48 people that are already on hard times, they are here legally in our country at that point, they have every right to be where they are, and I believe that they were preyed upon,” he said.

The Hill has reached out to Salazar for further comment on the investigation.

—Updated at 7:36 p.m.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/3651138-texas-sheriff-opens-probe-into-desantiss-migrant-flight-to-marthas-vineyard/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A texas sheriff investigating a florida governor... wow, talk about scope creep...

A tard that can't answer the question, "What's a Jurisdiction?"  And some fools elected him Sheriff??
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Can anyone say, “Political stunt?”
Doesn’t the good LEO have enough problems in his own backyard?
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online rustynail

The sound of walls reverberate across the plains.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

A tard that can't answer the question, "What's a Jurisdiction?"  And some fools elected him Sheriff??

Maybe the TX sheriff does have jurisdiction because the ILLEGALS were taken out of TX by a FL governor and then flown to Martha's.

I really like DeSantis, but I'm also wondering why he decided to transport them?  I get that he's trying to make a point, but it would be a little different scenario if he had taken ILLEGALS from FL and transported them to Martha's.

Maybe DeSantis wants this to go to court as technically, (at least in my mind) ILLEGALS aren't citizens and should have no rights.

The article states that the 48 transported were then here legally at that point???? WRONG in my books.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 12:24:27 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Maybe the TX sheriff does have jurisdiction because the ILLEGALS were taken out of TX by a FL governor and then flown to Martha's.

I really like DeSantis, but I'm also wondering why he decided to transport them?  I get that he's trying to make a point, but it would be a little different scenario if he had taken ILLEGALS from FL and transported them to Martha's.

Maybe DeSantis wants this to go to court as technically, (at least in my mind) ILLEGALS aren't citizens and should have no rights.

The article states that the 48 transported were then here legally at that point???? WRONG in my books.

I thought Biteme sent them from TX to FL??
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Who does this Sheriff from Bexar Co Texas he think he is? Oh  I know...
"Do you know who you’re talking to? I happen to be  Javier Salazar, a distinguished officer of over 40 years seniority! One of the most highly respected law enforcement agents in the United States of America! I've been trying to apprehend DeSantis and I have been in *high-speed* pursuit of for 700 miles! He is wanted for the Mann Act and kidnappin because I don't think those illegals wanted to go to Mass.

Desantis: "What's a Texas county mountie doing in Florida?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

I thought Biteme sent them from TX to FL??

I did too, but then why wouldn't DeSantis take those from FL into Martha's?? :shrug:  Yes, the point is made, but there might be problems if indeed the sheriff has jurisdiction because he took illegals from TX.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 12:52:03 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

Who does this Sheriff from Bexar Co Texas he think he is? Oh  I know...
"Do you know who you’re talking to? I happen to be  Javier Salazar, a distinguished officer of over 40 years seniority! One of the most highly respected law enforcement agents in the United States of America! I've been trying to apprehend DeSantis and I have been in *high-speed* pursuit of for 700 miles! He is wanted for the Mann Act and kidnappin because I don't think those illegals wanted to go to Mass.

Desantis: "What's a Texas county mountie doing in Florida?

« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 12:50:41 am by libertybele »

Offline EdinVA

I did too, but then why wouldn't DeSantis take those from FL into Martha's?? :shrug:  Yes, the point is made, but there might be problems if indeed the sheriff has jurisdiction because he took illegals from TX.

You can charter a plane and make it available to anyone that wants to get on without "taking" anyone anywhere...

Online libertybele

...."The DeSantis administration said the migrants were informed of their destination and that they were given "multiple" opportunities to decline the trip. Officials said the individuals were offered hotels, meals, showers and haircuts for a couple of days before the trip and that some indeed declined to go............"

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-sheriff-opens-criminal-probe-desantis-operation-fly-migrants-marthas-vineyard

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DeSantis coming up on Hannity
Support the USO

Online DB

The "sheriff" is a moron.

Online Hoodat

I'm sorry, did these planes happen to refuel in Bexar County, Texas en route from Florida to Massachusetts?  If not, then this sheriff need to settle for a steamy cup of STFU.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The "sheriff" is a moron.

When his Daddy gets home I hope he punches his momma in the mouth.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
What of the allegation that the illegals were from Venezuela, which is a leftist, communist country too? Not sure what to make of that? Not good optics IMO.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
It's not so much that DeSantis sent illegal immigrants to Martha's Vineyard.  It's the way he went about it.

The facts that they were flown via a chartered jet (expensive!), and that someone was waiting at Martha's Vineyard's airport to film them arriving, points to this being a horribly executed publicity stunt.  Were the alleged waivers written in Spanish?  Were the signatories literate in Spanish?  Were the signatories represented by their own legal counsel at the signing of these documents?

Why is the Governor of Florida, and the taxpayers of Florida, paying to relocate illegal immigrants from Texas?  DeSantis could have sent Massachusetts some Haitians or Dominicans.  We have some of the largest Haitain and Dominican communities in the nation.  How hard could it be to find an illegal Hatian or Dominican immigrant in Florida?

Could charges for conspiracy to commit interstate kidnapping or human trafficking be a possibility?

Plus, DeSantis had a fundraiser on Nantucket in August:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/08/09/nation/ron-desantis-attend-fundraiser-nantucket-tuesday/
Ron DeSantis to attend fundraiser on Nantucket on Tuesday
By Brittany Bowker Globe Staff
Updated August 9, 2022, 4:04 p.m.

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is set to attend a fundraiser on Nantucket Tuesday, an indication of the Republican’s rising profile on the national stage ahead of the midterm elections.

The fundraiser is being hosted by hedge fund titans Jim Pallotta and Dave Saunders and their wives, according to an invitation for the event obtained by the Globe.

The cost to attend is $5,000 per couple, according to the invitation, and the event begins at 5:30 p.m. Details about the location of the fundraiser were not included on the invite. ...

Wannabe GOP Presidential Nominees should not be caught fundraising on Nantucket, especially during Summer, and a month before flying illegal migrants to Martha's Vineyard under very questionable legal circumstances.

He could have done it without potential lying, misrepresentation, and legal liability if he just asked them if they wanted to be transported to Massachusetts, where the could recieve housing, support, and Massachsuetts driver's licenses.

This is not how a serious 2024 conducts himself and his campaign.  This had the execution of a drunken college fraternity panty raid gone wrong.

@DefiantMassRINO

Maybe the most dumbest post you have ever made. But pretty much what would expect from a NIMBY Yankee RINO.

50 people?  Why not come down here to Texas, and see what we are having to deal with.  Some times we have to inconvience NIMBY's like you to get our point across.

This was a masterstroke a genius to expose the hypocricy of your kind, and I hope he keeps it up.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
What of the allegation that the illegals were from Venezuela, which is a leftist, communist country too? Not sure what to make of that? Not good optics IMO.

By leaving, I'd guess that they were anything but Communist sympathizers.  They just wanted to get out of that hell hole.  No bad optics at all.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.